SteveGuzzi
SteveGuzzi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Writer
"Metamorphism" - Any on NG? 2012-12-15 16:28:26 Reply

I'm trying to find any art or artists on NG who've employed a 'metamorphic' style in their work.

I'm not sure if that's the best term to use, and I presume there are other ways to describe it... the best I can do is point to other artists who have employed the style. If you've seen anything or anyone on NG do the same (not necessarily content-wise, but stylistically), then please post about it here.

Octavio Ocampo

Sandro del Prete

Thanks a bunch.

(Also, if you've never seen or heard about that before but would like to try and give it a shot now, then I'd really be interested in seeing what you come up with.)

BBS Signature
Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to "Metamorphism" - Any on NG? 2012-12-15 16:53:17 Reply

Well, I don't know if you'd call it a style, it's really just an idea that people have employed in their work. You have to have the idea before you work and do it, and it's usually done in any style you want or work in. If anything I'd say the style is incredibly realistic but the composition allows for certain trickery of the eye.

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to "Metamorphism" - Any on NG? 2012-12-16 00:00:16 Reply

I did a bit of hunting and found a few copies of escher's work here on NG, but that's all I can think of.

• M.C. Escher - Drawing Hands
    M.C. Escher - Drawing Hands by Wolfos

For a school assignment, original by Dutch artist Maurits Cornelis Escher, modeled, rigged posed and rendered in Blender (Ble...

Score
    3.750000000 / 5.00
    Type
    3D Art
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone
  • Three Spheres II
    Three Spheres II by MikeS

Original Work by M.C. Escher, I did this as my final project in Studio Art class a few years back. It's unfinished (the BG is...

Score
    4.363636364 / 5.00
    Type
    Fine Art
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat

SteveGuzzi
SteveGuzzi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Writer
Response to "Metamorphism" - Any on NG? 2013-02-09 16:51:10 Reply

I'm bumping this thread in the hopes that anyone else may have encountered this type of composition in the Art Portal, or would perhaps like to give such a type of composition a try in order to expand their artistic horizons / share with others / et effin cetera.

[I do appreciate direction but please refrain from needless pedantry, especially if it does not contribute to the actual request.]

Thanks. :D

BBS Signature