New Topic Respond to this Topic
Rezd
Rezd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Madness: Project Nexus 2012-12-15 08:03:03 Reply

Madness: Project Nexus has been on the front page for way way too long. It's been up there for like a year and a half. Why? What's so special about it? That's just one more space that could be used for new and unique games, but except it's used for a game that isn't all that great. I guess I just don't see the appeal. But no matter how good the game is, it doesn't deserve to be on the front page for as long as it has.

LDAF
LDAF
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Madness: Project Nexus 2012-12-15 08:04:40 Reply

I was expecting this thread sooner or later; the exact same thing happened with Toss the Turtle, it was up for some nine months. Even if you don't like the game, it at least has production value behind it, but I think the biggest reason is that it may be sponsored, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Are you MAN enough to click this?!

BBS Signature
Rezd
Rezd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Madness: Project Nexus 2012-12-15 08:06:48 Reply

At 12/15/12 08:04 AM, LDAF wrote: I was expecting this thread sooner or later; the exact same thing happened with Toss the Turtle, it was up for some nine months. Even if you don't like the game, it at least has production value behind it, but I think the biggest reason is that it may be sponsored, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Then shouldn't it be under "Promoted Games"? Or is that something else entirely.

Wavepad
Wavepad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to Madness: Project Nexus 2012-12-15 08:40:38 Reply

At 12/15/12 08:06 AM, Rezd wrote:
At 12/15/12 08:04 AM, LDAF wrote: I was expecting this thread sooner or later; the exact same thing happened with Toss the Turtle, it was up for some nine months. Even if you don't like the game, it at least has production value behind it, but I think the biggest reason is that it may be sponsored, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Abobo's Big Adventure has been popular for games for a longer time. Im not Really surprised by that though.

| Steam | Asandir is awesome he made my sig. |

BBS Signature
satanbrain
satanbrain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to Madness: Project Nexus 2012-12-15 10:32:35 Reply

Madness will be displayed as long as there are an abundance of kids willing to extract pleasure of it.

(הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים אָמַר קֹהֶלֶת, הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים הַכֹּל הָבֶל. דּוֹר הֹלֵךְ וְדוֹר בָּא, וְהָאָרֶץ לְעוֹלָם עֹמָדֶת. (קהלת א ג, ה

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Reader
Response to Madness: Project Nexus 2012-12-15 10:53:58 Reply

At 12/15/12 08:03 AM, Rezd wrote: It's been up there for like a year and a half.

That's pretty amazing considering it was uploaded on Mar 25, 2012.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG Trophy Leaderboard / NG User Icon Makers / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
LDAF
LDAF
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Madness: Project Nexus 2012-12-15 13:27:48 Reply

At 12/15/12 10:53 AM, LiquidFire wrote:
At 12/15/12 08:03 AM, Rezd wrote: It's been up there for like a year and a half.
That's pretty amazing considering it was uploaded on Mar 25, 2012.

Hey, you and I both know what a trickster Swain is, that time-traveler! Who does he think he is?!

Are you MAN enough to click this?!

BBS Signature
DarkShadowblade
DarkShadowblade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Madness: Project Nexus 2012-12-15 13:33:18 Reply

Ganguro girl was front page for years IIRC.

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes. For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature
Ronald-McDonald-LoL
Ronald-McDonald-LoL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Madness: Project Nexus 2012-12-15 13:33:19 Reply

At 12/15/12 10:32 AM, satanbrain wrote: Madness will be displayed as long as there are an abundance of kids willing to extract pleasure of it.

It's all about what attracts the most people to NG. You really can't blame them, they get ad revenue from people going to the front page to find the game. My guess is that it still sees a steady amount of plays.

Dora Revolution | Descent Club | EGB | Sig by byteslinger. Click for my Twitch channel.

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Madness: Project Nexus 2012-12-15 14:20:37 Reply

Project Nexus was fun...for about 4 days.

I agree that it should be removed in place for better games; 9 months is way too long.

Even the most righteous, logically sound individuals are subject to poor reasoning skills and deluded mindsets.

BBS Signature
scoutthesoldier
scoutthesoldier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Madness: Project Nexus 2012-12-15 15:44:15 Reply

Maybe because they constantly update it, and it's very popular by the majority of people who go on NG?

That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Madness: Project Nexus 2012-12-15 17:15:42 Reply

It's the second top game in newgrounds history

Why the fuck is it the second top game in newgrounds history

TAB "FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping "xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
N1HangMan-4Life
N1HangMan-4Life
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to Madness: Project Nexus 2012-12-31 12:39:22 Reply

At 12/15/12 08:03 AM, Rezd wrote: Madness: Project Nexus has been on the front page for way way too long. It's been up there for like a year and a half. Why? What's so special about it? That's just one more space that could be used for new and unique games, but except it's used for a game that isn't all that great. I guess I just don't see the appeal. But no matter how good the game is, it doesn't deserve to be on the front page for as long as it has.

I disagree, the gameplay is there, the graphics and sound are there, the updates are there, I see no reson why it shouldn't be on the homepage.

Jeffyx
Jeffyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to Madness: Project Nexus 2012-12-31 14:36:05 Reply

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. It's an amazing game, I can't even fathum how long it would of taken to make, but It should be off by now, pretty much every newgrounder knows about it. I still occasionally play it, but yeah they should take it off for a while, atleast until Krinkels adds a new episode to the game. When my game got on the front page, It was on there for a week, and I don't even think it deserved to be up there for that long, It wasn't that good.

"Life is a bitch, so learn how to fuck it" | Become my NG fan! | #teamsuckdick

BBS Signature
lazor999
lazor999
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Madness: Project Nexus 2012-12-31 14:54:54 Reply

LDAF youre right. maybe there is a game you hate and you say 'i hope you die in a fire' can hold the front page so it doesnt matter...

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Madness: Project Nexus 2012-12-31 15:04:24 Reply

It IS kinda crazy that I haven't removed it yet but it consistently generates more interest than the other featured games and it feels good to support both Krinkels and Swain at the same time. Also they have kept updating it which has kept the interest going, other popular games haven't held on to their popularity for this long.

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Madness: Project Nexus 2012-12-31 15:05:21 Reply

At 12/31/12 03:04 PM, TomFulp wrote: other popular games haven't held on to their popularity for this long.

* Other popular games that don't involve hentai at least.

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
satanbrain
satanbrain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to Madness: Project Nexus 2012-12-31 15:16:34 Reply

At 12/31/12 03:05 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 12/31/12 03:04 PM, TomFulp wrote: other popular games haven't held on to their popularity for this long.

Hentai is profane. Gore is sacred.

(הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים אָמַר קֹהֶלֶת, הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים הַכֹּל הָבֶל. דּוֹר הֹלֵךְ וְדוֹר בָּא, וְהָאָרֶץ לְעוֹלָם עֹמָדֶת. (קהלת א ג, ה

BBS Signature
DarkMatter
DarkMatter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to Madness: Project Nexus 2012-12-31 15:33:41 Reply

At 12/31/12 03:05 PM, TomFulp wrote:

Very true Tom!
very true.
Y'all just got fucked

Madness: Project Nexus

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THAT DUDE WITH THE RED HAT BROWN TRENCH COAT AND SHOTGUN?!?! I miss the old ASSASSIN days. Click Me

BBS Signature
DJauditor
DJauditor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Madness: Project Nexus 2013-01-01 07:43:44 Reply

HAS SOMEBODY A GOOOOOD SPRITE?