00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MoxKatt just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

School shooting, 27 people dead

32,911 Views | 528 Replies

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-14 16:55:48

At 12/14/12 04:52 PM, Urban-Champion wrote:
At 12/14/12 04:39 PM, Timmy wrote: UrbanChampion, if you want to respond, PM me.
fucking done.

Why bother telling us, I'm sure he can see it we don't need it. He was 100% right you mention your controversial view. (The first time it was mentioned here) Then try to close it from further discussion.

That wasn't okay. You made the event something it doesn't need to be, political.

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-14 16:59:19

At 12/14/12 04:55 PM, Ceratisa wrote:

That wasn't okay. You made the event something it doesn't need to be, political.

Then stop reacting to him. He's been warned. If shit goes on he'll get what's coming to him. No need to draw this out.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-14 17:07:41

Funny, before I got on the computer, my dad mentioned this to me.

That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-14 17:07:50

Sigh.
At this rate we'll completely lose the 2nd amendment before the end of next year.

That's right I like guns and ponies. NO NEW GUN CONTROL.

Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense.

BBS Signature

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-14 17:09:47

At 12/14/12 04:29 PM, dogpup4 wrote: Is this real? If so... shit.

I dont get it.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-14 17:12:22

At 12/14/12 05:08 PM, MuyBurrito wrote:

This is an almost too-perfect microcosm resembling the problems inherent with both gun ownership and gun control.

People have brought up both sides of whatever he said in here. But they did it calmly and open for discussion. That and loud attention seeking are different things. That's what we object to, not what side he's on.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-14 17:16:41

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-14 17:17:20

I woke up from a nap to find this. Here's to hoping the shooter is currently getting fucked by Satan in hell!

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-14 17:29:17

At 12/14/12 05:22 PM, Fisplen wrote:
I really hope the US follows the UK in restricting gun laws , I mean over here You're only allowed to shoot guns in the countryside and You see no one carrying guns around , 90% of the time not even the police have guns.

we have a little thing called the Constitution and the Second amendment. We have a Republican Congress that would never pass pro-gun Control bills. and we have great organizations like the NRA to help Preserve our right to bear arms with a campaign board to promote political figures who support the 2ND amendment and a renowned legal defense team that fights in court to fight intrusive laws violating our rights.

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-14 17:30:59

At 12/14/12 05:09 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 12/14/12 04:29 PM, dogpup4 wrote: Is this real? If so... shit.
I dont get it.

Yeah, that had me confused. Just read all the posts on that link. It apparently shows the shooter posted on there saying he was going to commit this mass murder in advance. Two days in advance. In all likelihood it's fake. I mean it's the internet after all.

BBS Signature

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-14 17:38:16

I haven't been more upset in a long time. My heart is broken. Where are the morals and values in this country?

RussiaToday : Aljazeera : TEDTalks : io9

"We have the Bill of Rights; what we need is a Bill of Responsibilities." ~ Bill Maher

BBS Signature

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-14 17:42:38

So apparently this is a thing.

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-14 17:44:41

At 12/14/12 05:38 PM, Silverdust wrote: I haven't been more upset in a long time. My heart is broken. Where are the morals and values in this country?

People shouldn't even have guns in this country, period. I look at it this way, the moment a person has a gun, the more the crime rate goes up. Hence what happened here. My heart goes out to all the lost ones.

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-14 17:49:05

At 12/14/12 05:44 PM, Seamonky wrote: People shouldn't even have guns in this country, period. I look at it this way, the moment a person has a gun, the more the crime rate goes up.

OH PLEASE its a known fact that places with more law abidding citizens with firearms and Concealed carry have lower crime rate, just look at California, Chicago, New York. this asshole got his gun legally no strings attached, just like I could do within 2 hours. 3 background checks conducted (comes out clean) money and a selection of what firearm I want. DONE

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-14 17:58:30

Often in these sort of cases, whereas the actual perpetrator of the crime has killed themselves, the blame will shift to his brother, or friends, and they will bear the brunt of the resulting punishment. Good old standard mindset of "someone has to be punished even if the one responsible has already killed themselves".

This was the case in Canada with mass shooter James Roszko. Having killed himself and the prosecution having no one to bring to trial, they focused instead on his acquaintances. Shawn Hennessey and Dennis Cheeseman, two men who were not even friends of Roszko, but because they knew Roszko on a casual basis, were suddenly drummed up on manslaughter charges.

Common sense says, the one responsible is dead, now it is time to mourn for the victims and show them the proper respect.

But we all know the media (and the justice system, which in turn faces pressure from the media), doesn't have a dose of common sense. They'll find their scapegoat(s) and everyone else except the dead shooter will be blamed instead, and probably prosecuted, and the whole thing becomes a garish media circus.

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-14 17:59:27

At 12/14/12 01:46 PM, Travis wrote:
At 12/14/12 01:43 PM, FattyWhale wrote:
At 12/14/12 01:35 PM, dogpup4 wrote: People never run out of ways to make me feel sick. One of the gunmen is dead, the other one is in police custody. Hope they torture the bastard.
If you're so righteous, why suggest torturing a man? Doesn't that make you sick?
Actually, I always liked the idea of Mesopotamian law... because it strikes legitimate fear into people.

Quick example of Mesopotamian law: You get caught stealing, they cut your hand off.

Also, from what the officer at the scene said, there was only one gunman (1) and that person is dead.

You're an oblivious and ignorant idiot who has no concept of laws.

Mesopotamian law was only strict for the lower classes.

In the terrible example you gave it's actually "If someone of a lower class gets caught stealing, then you get your hand cut off". If someone of a Higher class is caught stealing; they must pay a fine".

If you actually like Mesopotamian law you are a fool.

Idiocy of NG posters aside, My heart goes out to all those who are affected

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.

For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-14 18:11:45

Yeah this is sad, read about it this morning, toomany people have toomany issues :(

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-14 18:28:10

At 12/14/12 05:58 PM, BrokenDeck wrote: But we all know the media (and the justice system, which in turn faces pressure from the media), doesn't have a dose of common sense. They'll find their scapegoat(s) and everyone else except the dead shooter will be blamed instead, and probably prosecuted, and the whole thing becomes a garish media circus.

People are currently attacking Mass Effect. The facebook page for the game is loaded with people blaming it because (unless I'm mistaken) the killer liked the page.

BLM | ANTIFA

BBS Signature

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-14 18:29:37

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-14 18:31:45

At 12/14/12 06:28 PM, Ryanson wrote:
At 12/14/12 05:58 PM, BrokenDeck wrote: They'll find their scapegoat(s) and everyone else except the dead shooter will be blamed instead.
People are currently attacking Mass Effect. The facebook page for the game is loaded with people blaming it because (unless I'm mistaken) the killer liked the page.

Video games have always born the frontal assault of blame. Didn't take them long did it?

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-14 18:34:38

At 12/14/12 06:29 PM, Darthdenim wrote: http://www.thewrap.com/media/column-post/newtown-school-shoo ting-michael-moore-other-celebrities-demand-gun-control-twit ter-69346

Here comes Michael Moore.

Oh boy.

Washington Post columnist Ezra Klein said new restrictions are questionable, but debate is certainly warranted: "Gun control may not be the right answer to mass shootings. But not talking about what to do is definitely the wrong answer."

Best part of article.

BLM | ANTIFA

BBS Signature

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-14 18:37:15

At 12/14/12 06:29 PM, Darthdenim wrote: http://www.thewrap.com/media/column-post/newtown-school-shoo ting-michael-moore-other-celebrities-demand-gun-control-twit ter-69346

Oh boy.

LOL all B and C listed celebrities who gives a shit if they had any brains they would know gun control doesn't work.

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-14 18:41:29

It's a fight between two extremes, and it seems not enough people are interested in a reasonable middle ground at all.

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-14 18:42:57

Oh boy.

I wish somebody would gut him with a bowie knife and get it over with.

That's right I like guns and ponies. NO NEW GUN CONTROL.

Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense.

BBS Signature

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-14 18:49:18

At 12/14/12 06:42 PM, wildfire4461 wrote: I wish somebody would gut him with a bowie knife and get it over with.

if they did that to michael moore there would be fat everywhere!

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-14 19:15:25

Oh boy.

Oh god.. that guy is terrible. Just infuriating to know how backwards and hypocritical he is.

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-14 19:24:12

It's not a problem until my kids are shot in school, or at the movies, or at the mall.

/ Accomplishments: first 1000 comment news post.

/ عثكغ ʘⒺⒸⓀⒺʘ

BBS Signature

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-14 19:27:53

Shit like this is the reason easy access to guns in the US is batshit insane to me. Yeah people can argue that if someone wants to mass murder people in a large setting enough then they will find another way how to but talk about making it easy for them to commit a mass travesty like this.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-14 19:31:15

At 12/14/12 07:27 PM, Gagsy wrote: Shit like this is the reason easy access to guns in the US is batshit insane to me. Yeah people can argue that if someone wants to mass murder people in a large setting enough then they will find another way how to but talk about making it easy for them to commit a mass travesty like this.

So you would rather people are stripped of the ability to defend themselves when people like this exist? Easy access? A lot of this is done by people who don't even own the weapon.

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-14 19:38:35

At 12/14/12 07:31 PM, Ceratisa wrote:
So you would rather people are stripped of the ability to defend themselves when people like this exist? Easy access? A lot of this is done by people who don't even own the weapon.

We manage fine in the UK by not carrying guns with us in order to 'feel safe'.

Ok sure, say they do not own the guns they use for mass shootings, but you cannot deny that it is far easier for them still to obtain these weapons, and not just little pea shooters, but proper rifles and such, much much easier than say me here.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature