00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Plot Holes

1,785 Views | 24 Replies

Plot Holes 2012-12-14 02:34:27

Do you have a lot hole from a movie that just bugs you and you can't get it out of your head? Share your favorites hear!

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Plot Holes 2012-12-14 02:38:14

How come James Bond never ages? And why does he always look different?

Response to Plot Holes 2012-12-14 02:41:43

How come there is a second unexplained monster guy in Hell Night, when, according to legend, there is only supposed to be one monster guy?

Response to Plot Holes 2012-12-14 02:42:11

At 12/14/12 02:36 AM, yurgenburgen wrote: At the beginning of Crocodile Dundee he says that he has no idea when he was born, other than that it was "in the summer time."
If this is true, he would not be able to obtain a passport. So how did he get all the way to the U.S.?
This has bothered me since I was nine.

Dude ur sig is DISTURBING!

BBS Signature

Response to Plot Holes 2012-12-14 02:45:27

Why does Obi Wan Kenobi not remember C-3PO and R2-D2 in A New Hope?

According to the prequels, he knew them in the past.

The answer: Because Lucas sucks?

Response to Plot Holes 2012-12-14 02:50:13

At 12/14/12 02:42 AM, Gzus361 wrote:
At 12/14/12 02:36 AM, yurgenburgen wrote: At the beginning of Crocodile Dundee he says that he has no idea when he was born, other than that it was "in the summer time."
If this is true, he would not be able to obtain a passport. So how did he get all the way to the U.S.?
This has bothered me since I was nine.
Dude ur sig is DISTURBING!

I keep thinking that's Nemesis from Resi Evil 3

Oh and I just realized I spelled here wrong :P

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Plot Holes 2012-12-14 02:58:37

The Star Wars movies had them, like how 6 was the best movie even though it wasn't directed by Lucas

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to Plot Holes 2012-12-14 04:15:29

The movie adaptation of Fight Club confused me of who was in charge, the Narrator or Tyler.
The book made more sense of who took command and the Freeway "Chicken" scene had a third-party instead of Tyler.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Plot Holes 2012-12-14 05:43:11

At the end of Harry Potter, Harry uses the Sword of Griffindor after pulling it from the sorting hat, but the last we heard, that goblin who works in Gringotts stole it and ran away with it.

'Magic' is not an answer.

Response to Plot Holes 2012-12-14 06:09:10

Everything from the Season 3 Premiere of MLP.

Response to Plot Holes 2012-12-14 08:53:09

There's a website dedicated to this. It's called movieplotholes.com.

Response to Plot Holes 2012-12-14 13:02:52

In Bladerunner, if they were so afraid of the replicants revolting, and being hard to spot, why not just make all the replicants look exactly the same?

Not really a plothole, just a logic gap.

Response to Plot Holes 2012-12-14 13:56:49

At 12/14/12 05:43 AM, Earfetish wrote: At the end of Harry Potter, Harry uses the Sword of Griffindor after pulling it from the sorting hat, but the last we heard, that goblin who works in Gringotts stole it and ran away with it.

'Magic' is not an answer.

Earfetish dude, the sword belonged to the school. While the goblins did forge the sword and made claim that Gryffindor stole it from them (not true), it was never these to keep once he died, despite them believing so strongly.

If you remember in Chamber of Secrets, Harry was able to pull out the sword from the sorting hat (which Neville later did in HP7) because he was a 'TRUE Gryffindor'.

You say magic is not the answer, but you're questioning a series based entirely on magic. The answer is that I'm afraid. Call it a cop out but its the very truth.

Magic, ancient and true had been placed on both the sorting hat and the sword so that in their hour of need, a true Gryffindor (which harry and Neville both definitely are) can wield the sword, and so the goblins are not the rightful owners and that is why the sword disappeared from Griphook and returned to its rightful place waiting for someone true to find it again.

Not a plot hole.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Plot Holes 2012-12-14 14:15:30

At 12/14/12 08:53 AM, Dragen wrote: There's a website dedicated to this. It's called movieplotholes.com.

This website is cool. I looked up that terrible Prometheus movie on it. Here's my favorite quote:

Worms are covered in it: they become giant vagina-cobras with an oral fixation

S&Box, the game Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to Plot Holes 2012-12-14 14:31:59

In the Bookdock Saints movies, the MacManus twins go around whacking mobsters; yet they got all their guns from the Irish mob. Not that it's so much a plot hole as a double standard. I guess the justification would be that the Irish mob probably doesn't attack the general populations, and anything done with an Irish accent is 25% cooler than without.

"If loving Python is crazy then I don't want to be sane." -Diki

Response to Plot Holes 2012-12-14 17:18:48

The Butterfly Effect.

The whole movie, Ashton Kutcher is going back to the past to alter his life. Every time he does, his life is changed subtly (or not so) and everyone around him acts as though he was always like that. That's kind of the point of the movie, and the title of the movie.

But just once -- he's in jail and he's trying to convince someone of his problem so he'd help him do something. He goes back to the past, gives himself a scarring injury... and the scars magically appear. Just like that. The person sees the scars appear out of nowhere, and he's convinced. Nothing like that ever happens again.

Like, what the hell?

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to Plot Holes 2012-12-14 17:20:56

At 12/14/12 01:16 PM, Manly-Chicken wrote: How did Batman and Bane in the Dark Knight series get taken seriously with such silly voices?

That's your plot hole? How about why when there were an army-sized group of both police and convicts, but the convicts had guns, why were the police able to run up and easily engage them all in melee range? They'd have ALL been f'n shot D:

BBS Mod, PM me if you have something to report.

BBS Signature

Response to Plot Holes 2012-12-14 18:45:16

The Silent Hill movie. If the cult was adverse to the darkness instead of trying to harness it for personal gain, then why did they even bother living in Silent Hill? Why didn't they just leave?

In the game it's explained that they're trying to birth God, which explains their residence. The film lacks an explanation.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Plot Holes 2012-12-14 18:49:04

In the Dark Knight Rises, how did Batman get to Gotham city in like 3 hours after escaping a prison in what I assume is Eastern Europe and apparently finding civilization with no money or documentation on him?

Response to Plot Holes 2012-12-14 18:49:27

In any movie/game that takes place on Mars, how they get between Mars and Earth so quickly? It's physically impossible but apparantly happens anyways.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to Plot Holes 2012-12-14 18:54:00

At 12/14/12 06:50 PM, MonthlyVolatile wrote: Prometheus.

I wasn't aware that Prometheus was supposed to have a plot.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to Plot Holes 2012-12-14 19:57:50

At 12/14/12 02:38 AM, Darthdenim wrote: How come James Bond never ages? And why does he always look different?

Ooh, I heard about this one. Apparently, James Bond and the 007 that comes with it are code names. It makes sense if you think of it like that.

The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

Response to Plot Holes 2012-12-15 11:36:54

At 12/14/12 02:34 AM, Wegra wrote: Do you have a lot hole from a movie that just bugs you and you can't get it out of your head? Share your favorites hear!

I have no clue what a lot hole is.

Mine is from "Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie". It features Pegasus having a card that can beat the Egyptian God cards. Why didn't he use this before? Then again, YGOTM was so unbearably stupid, you probably shouldn't even care about that.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Plot Holes 2012-12-15 20:08:31

The codename theory for James Bond makes no sense at all.

I was actually joking with my comment about why James Bond never ages. the codename theory is just used by people who can't grasp the concept of a loose timeline in fiction.

Does it also bother them that Bart Simpson has been in the fourth grade since the late 1980's?

Is Rachel Dawes a codename in Nolan's Batman movies because she was played by two different actresses?

Response to Plot Holes 2012-12-15 20:10:33