New Topic Respond to this Topic
Jackospades
Jackospades
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to How many people are "good"? Dec. 11th, 2012 @ 12:09 PM Reply

No one is good. Everyone is evil. Mankind is nothing but a race of savages fighting for dominance in a system of cruelty of their own making. you may argue " well im not evil, iv never hurt anyone....." but thats a lie. Everyone, at some point, has lied, cheated, stolen or insulted their fellow man in some way. There is one exception, and that is children who have died young before they ever got the chance to do something evil, so realy the only people who are good are already dead. LOL

HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to How many people are "good"? Dec. 11th, 2012 @ 12:15 PM Reply

At 12/11/12 12:09 PM, Jackospades wrote: No one is good. Everyone is evil. Mankind is nothing but a race of savages fighting for dominance in a system of cruelty of their own making. you may argue " well im not evil, iv never hurt anyone....." but thats a lie. Everyone, at some point, has lied, cheated, stolen or insulted their fellow man in some way. There is one exception, and that is children who have died young before they ever got the chance to do something evil, so realy the only people who are good are already dead. LOL

You're on the right track. As living creatures, the only thing we have in mind is to spread and populate. There are no "ethics" or anything like that. We're not evil. We're just greedy little organisms like everything else. Of course, nowadays, it's a little different, but mostly the same. LOL

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature
Swag-in-a-Bag
Swag-in-a-Bag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Writer
Response to How many people are "good"? Dec. 11th, 2012 @ 12:22 PM Reply

I believe everyone is 'good' until circumstances outweigh what a person may do in certain situations.

In that case, if the person already had money or was rich, a wallet would be of no use to them, so either they would leave it or return it; but a person who is in need of money of course would AT LEAST take the money out of it, but only because they NEEDED the money, not necessarily just to be bad.

Basically we are all good in some way, but sometimes we put ourselves before others needs which is sort of natural human instinct, but it all comes down to what type of person the individual is.

I'm a heavy believer in KARMA though and I've seen it in the works many of times

Believe what thou Wilt

BBS Signature
Jackospades
Jackospades
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to How many people are "good"? Dec. 11th, 2012 @ 12:25 PM Reply

At 12/11/12 12:15 PM, jjjkuk wrote:
At 12/11/12 12:09 PM, Jackospades wrote: No one is good. Everyone is evil. Mankind is nothing but a race of savages fighting for dominance in a system of cruelty of their own making. you may argue " well im not evil, iv never hurt anyone....." but thats a lie. Everyone, at some point, has lied, cheated, stolen or insulted their fellow man in some way. There is one exception, and that is children who have died young before they ever got the chance to do something evil, so realy the only people who are good are already dead. LOL
You're on the right track. As living creatures, the only thing we have in mind is to spread and populate. There are no "ethics" or anything like that. We're not evil. We're just greedy little organisms like everything else. Of course, nowadays, it's a little different, but mostly the same. LOL

Truth. The same goes for every organism in history, regardless of origin. The entire idea of life is in it self is imperfect and cruel. Infact you could say that the idea of "good" is pointless and nonexistent when it comes to life. Me and jjjkuk just destroyed the entire base of your topic T3XT, and have essentially undermined this entire post with pure philosophical and logic power. You loose T3XT. Game over.

HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to How many people are "good"? Dec. 11th, 2012 @ 12:29 PM Reply

At 12/11/12 12:25 PM, Jackospades wrote: Truth. The same goes for every organism in history, regardless of origin. The entire idea of life is in it self is imperfect and cruel. Infact you could say that the idea of "good" is pointless and nonexistent when it comes to life. Me and jjjkuk just destroyed the entire base of your topic T3XT, and have essentially undermined this entire post with pure philosophical and logic power. You loose T3XT. Game over.

Bingo. We do like to think in morals, though. I know that "being good" has me go out of my way to help someone, but I like helping people and being seen in a positive view. It's completely against the point of life, since we're supposed to be fighting each other, but idgaf. I'm not one for normality.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to How many people are "good"? Dec. 11th, 2012 @ 01:58 PM Reply

At 12/10/12 08:35 PM, T3XT wrote: You're in a public place when, unbeknownst to you, your wallet falls out of your pocket, in clear sight of John Doe, who is a random stranger. Do you think most people, in John Doe's place, would return the wallet to you? What percentage of people would not do anything at all? More than that, what's the chance that John would just take the wallet for himself?

I see people accidentally dropping things all the time and so far I've never ever caught anybody who then stole the dropped object. So from personal experience I'd say almost everybody will alert you. It's also that more people will usually notice so if you plan on stealing the object it's highly likely somebody will see you doing that. I think many people realise that and therefore won't even try.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
Suprememessage
Suprememessage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Writer
Response to How many people are "good"? Dec. 11th, 2012 @ 02:11 PM Reply

There is a not a single "good" person on Earth, they wouldn't be human if they were "good".

Member of Alpha Team in the WNG. Find out how to join here.

BBS Signature
Nor
Nor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Reader
Response to How many people are "good"? Dec. 11th, 2012 @ 08:46 PM Reply

I believe that there are only a few people who will do good because they're just good.
Many people do good though because it benefits them in one way or another.

いないいないばあ

BBS Signature
Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Musician
Response to How many people are "good"? Dec. 11th, 2012 @ 09:04 PM Reply

At 12/11/12 09:58 AM, Cootie wrote:
At 12/10/12 08:36 PM, Sekhem wrote: i'm good-looking
No you aren't.

lmao @ this country-ass homo insulting my stylish looks

does that count
No it doesn't.

yes, it does, ya bish

letterboxd|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
Ilssm
Ilssm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Filmmaker
Response to How many people are "good"? Dec. 11th, 2012 @ 09:08 PM Reply

Most people are inherently good, they sometimes just don't show it all that often.

I make stupid animations with MsPaint.

Also Omega Team.

BBS Signature
JoeyButler
JoeyButler
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Programmer
Response to How many people are "good"? Dec. 11th, 2012 @ 09:37 PM Reply

I used to think that all people where inherently good, however since the day I read "Lord of the Flies" my perspective has changed. The book showed me that without civilization it is hard to stay an ego (inherently good), and you soon sway towards being and ID (inherently bad). Goldberg (Author) was in WWII and did experience many bloody battles, and he did state that his perception of humans changed.

Humans are inherently bad.

Ilssm
Ilssm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Filmmaker
Response to How many people are "good"? Dec. 11th, 2012 @ 09:47 PM Reply

Humans are inherently bad.

Scratch what I said earlier.

I think Humans are inherently neutral until presented with different people, items and events that will affect them and change them into who they will become.

Everything is just a definition, nothing is completely solid.

I make stupid animations with MsPaint.

Also Omega Team.

BBS Signature
the-goatman
the-goatman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to How many people are "good"? Dec. 11th, 2012 @ 09:58 PM Reply

I like to believe in the people around me and their capability to do what's right for others. I think on the individual basis nearly everyone acts in a way which they believe is moral or justified somehow, what that is can vary but for the most part they do follow it.
I think where "evil" comes from is collective decisions. When all of a sudden we can justify something as it being a group decision or even the will of some upper leader we tend to stick back and let things happen even if we do personally have the power to change things.

For example with your scenario: If you asked each individual in the crowd if they would return the wallet I think most would, but if you just dropped the wallet somewhere in the middle I don't think many would actually step up and do it themselves.

Stark-Heather
Stark-Heather
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to How many people are "good"? Dec. 11th, 2012 @ 10:12 PM Reply

In some cases, yes, but unfortunately it is not so common.

Sometime ago, a friend of mine and me, found a lost wallet in a cab and asked the taxi driver to go to the address we found in the ID we found inside. The man asked us how much money was in there, all eager. I lied and said no money. He said, it was a pity, would have been some money, we could have that split and throw the rest of the contents through the window. He sounded all natural about it... ugh

He took us to the address, the lady was happy to recover her wallet and we returned home.

150 Euros, and a couple of credit cards. I know I would be happy to recover my things if something similar happens to me.

I see it like this: Things that come up so easily, easily go away

At 12/10/12 08:35 PM, T3XT wrote: How many people, do you believe, are truly "good" people at heart, and would behave well even if there's no consequences for not being good?

In simpler terms, let me use an example:

You're in a public place when, unbeknownst to you, your wallet falls out of your pocket, in clear sight of John Doe, who is a random stranger. Do you think most people, in John Doe's place, would return the wallet to you? What percentage of people would not do anything at all? More than that, what's the chance that John would just take the wallet for himself?

Keep in mind that (in this hypothetical situation) there are no rewards for doing the right thing other than the feeling of being a good person.

Do you believe most people are "good" at the heart, Newgrounds?

Growing up, other girls wanted to be princesses..., shit, I wanted to be an outlaw

BBS Signature
T3XT
T3XT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to How many people are "good"? Dec. 12th, 2012 @ 12:12 AM Reply

At 12/11/12 12:25 PM, Jackospades wrote: Me and jjjkuk just destroyed the entire base of your topic T3XT, and have essentially undermined this entire post with pure philosophical and logic power. You loose T3XT. Game over.

Game over, man! Game over!

How many people are "good"?

stuatt
stuatt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to How many people are "good"? Dec. 12th, 2012 @ 06:04 AM Reply

At 12/10/12 08:35 PM, T3XT wrote: How many people, do you believe, are truly "good" people at heart, and would behave well even if there's no consequences for not being good?

In simpler terms, let me use an example:

You're in a public place when, unbeknownst to you, your wallet falls out of your pocket, in clear sight of John Doe, who is a random stranger. Do you think most people, in John Doe's place, would return the wallet to you? What percentage of people would not do anything at all? More than that, what's the chance that John would just take the wallet for himself?

Keep in mind that (in this hypothetical situation) there are no rewards for doing the right thing other than the feeling of being a good person.

Do you believe most people are "good" at the heart, Newgrounds?

8 out of 10 percent peoples are good and i also included in them ............
anyway i am new on this forum site ........i hope i will enjoy here..........
thanks,