New Topic Respond to this Topic
Fisplen
Fisplen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Anyone here remember Runescape? 2012-12-10 17:55:01 Reply

I ain't played it for about 2 or 3 years now , I used to fiend it a lot late 09 - early '10 oh the memories I had... ( sniff , sniff ) I gone on it recently for nostalgia only to find the hangout place my rev Hunting clan used to chill is now empty , and my clan deserted...
And it now has way too many bots on there ruining the game.
Oh I miss old Runescape ;(
Anyway , post some memories here or if You still play it tell me how actually it's like!

'' Love is like a magnet , with most magnets repelling each other , however one day You will find that dodgy magnet that doesn't repel , one that sticks to You forever ''
Me

GodOfVideoGames
GodOfVideoGames
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Game Developer
Response to Anyone here remember Runescape? 2012-12-10 19:00:30 Reply

I remember making a Runescape account a long time ago (can't remember how long) after an old friend of mine wanted me to join him for some holiday thing. I think it was for thanksgiving, I remember getting a chicken costume.

Anyways, I quit a few months later after my friend quit so I can't really tell you a lot about what I remember. What I do remember though are the characters and players looking very blocky and poorly animated. It was ok for what it was, but it's not for me.

simon
simon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Anyone here remember Runescape? 2012-12-10 19:04:21 Reply

I remember logging on a few months ago and being very confused with the changes, it's changed a lot since 5-6 years ago.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Playstation ID: SCParry || Steam ID: GNS_SimpLe
3DS Friend Code: 2878-9581-7218 || Nintendo ID: SCParry

BBS Signature
Kwing
Kwing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to Anyone here remember Runescape? 2012-12-10 19:20:49 Reply

I tried it a long time ago, maybe when I was around 9 or 10, and remembered it annoying me. During the tutorial I had to make bread and stupid stuff like that, and I felt like the user interface was just way more complicated than it had to be.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.
Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

IronicMaiden
IronicMaiden
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Anyone here remember Runescape? 2012-12-10 20:31:33 Reply

I remember when me and my friend would play on the same server, cutting down trees and lighting fires for hours on end.

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Anyone here remember Runescape? 2012-12-10 21:06:03 Reply

Pick, collect rocks, go to town, sell, repeat.

Why did I do that?

TB1ZZL3
TB1ZZL3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Anyone here remember Runescape? 2012-12-10 22:29:24 Reply

I played it nonstop 5 or 6 years ago, had a whole lot of good times on that game.

I have a friend who still plays it frequently, he says that trading with real world money is pretty much entirely acceptable now, which I think is a disgrace, but whatever.

Last.fm | Xbox LIVE - TEE B1ZZL3 | Steam

BBS Signature
SneakyGameBoy
SneakyGameBoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Anyone here remember Runescape? 2012-12-10 22:48:01 Reply

How could you forget Runescape? It was like the free version of WOW. But later on the fun dies depending how much you play it.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature
Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Anyone here remember Runescape? 2012-12-10 23:04:12 Reply

I played it till i was level 96 or 97 or something, and that was back in 2009. I stopped playing then cuz i got bored of it and Ive never looked back. My account still exists, unless they have some thing that deletes old/unused accounts. I actually gave my pass and user to a friend i made on there, but i think they stopped playing too

DickChick
DickChick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Anyone here remember Runescape? 2012-12-10 23:20:49 Reply

I used to play and it was a lot of fun to me. I actually preferred the old graphics; they were appealing in a simplistic way. Newer style graphics aren't always better.

At 12/10/12 11:04 PM, Lionelion wrote: My account still exists, unless they have some thing that deletes old/unused accounts.

They do. I tried logging in recently and my account was gone.

Just a chick with a dick.

Sectus
Sectus
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 26
Writer
Response to Anyone here remember Runescape? 2012-12-11 00:33:58 Reply

I remember first hearing about Runescape in middle school. I tried it and never really saw the appeal of it, much like World of Warcraft.

Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Writer
Response to Anyone here remember Runescape? 2012-12-11 04:15:18 Reply

How could I forget? I get reminded of this shit every day, by various spam mails that try to threaten me to close down my account, because it seems that I'm trying to sell the account.

The funniest thing is, that I don't have an account and never had one.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

Mismo
Mismo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Anyone here remember Runescape? 2012-12-11 07:45:22 Reply

I used to play it very frequently when I was about 10-12 I think. Then I quit because I lost all my shit when I was killed a troll or something. Was quite fun at the time.

#AMAFORSEXSLAVE2014

BBS Signature
iMini
iMini
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Anyone here remember Runescape? 2012-12-11 08:55:40 Reply

I made my first account back in 2004. Holy shit, 8 years ago.

I had some good times on that. Real good times.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Anyone here remember Runescape? 2012-12-11 09:50:02 Reply

I never got into Runescape myself because every part of it seemed really slow and boring. For a free RPG I guess it isn't so bad, but there are plenty of better MMOs out there.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
BlueZombieClock
BlueZombieClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Anyone here remember Runescape? 2012-12-11 10:07:41 Reply

I remember Runescape classic.

That was classic.

BlueZombieClock is back.

BBS Signature
robotking98
robotking98
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Anyone here remember Runescape? 2012-12-11 10:14:44 Reply

I played it up until a few months ago when it went completely and utterly down hill. They've pretty much stooped to free world trading for items that are completely decorative and useless, raised the price of membership, botched the combat system, and are releasing very little actual content. They've pretty much gone from giving frequent updates, to just halting actual production of the game for crappy items that you can pay for to look "cool".

Seriously, who even reads these things anymore?

BBS Signature
Fisplen
Fisplen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Anyone here remember Runescape? 2012-12-11 11:17:51 Reply

At 12/11/12 07:45 AM, Mismo wrote: I used to play it very frequently when I was about 10-12 I think. Then I quit because I lost all my shit when I was killed a troll or something. Was quite fun at the time.

Yeah I quite similar to the reason You quit ( I was making my trek to the hangout spot for my rev hunting clan in the wilderness , when surpirse surprise a rev that killed me , my buddies in the clan tryed too find my grave , but it was hopeless )
I was about level 43 I think when I quit , since then I have attempted to try and get back in to it , but it's hopeless as I explained earlier it's shameful now.
PS. I miss old wilderness with revs.

'' Love is like a magnet , with most magnets repelling each other , however one day You will find that dodgy magnet that doesn't repel , one that sticks to You forever ''
Me

malachi117
malachi117
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Anyone here remember Runescape? 2012-12-11 13:52:59 Reply

At 12/10/12 09:41 PM, Austerity wrote: I started playing it the first month it came out, in January 2001. The Harry Potter books were just beginning to get very popular so I named my first account Voldemort something. Nowadays rs isn't fun anymore, but back then it was a blast especially because no one had seen anything like it at that point.

I think this is pretty much the same reply you'll get from any of us members who happen to be around their 20's. Because it was huge when it was new.

You should totally add me on one of my various game accounts:
360 - Malachi117. Steam - Malachi117. PS3/PS4 - NarcolepticCat.

fawnret
fawnret
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Anyone here remember Runescape? 2012-12-11 18:13:16 Reply

I tried it once cause a friend told me to. After about a half hour I shut it off, went back to elder scrolls and never logged on again

Gamertag: Catspirit123
home forum

BBS Signature
Demonbrunch
Demonbrunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Anyone here remember Runescape? 2012-12-11 19:00:54 Reply

At 12/10/12 05:55 PM, Fisplen wrote: I ain't played it for about 2 or 3 years now , I used to fiend it a lot late 09 - early '10 oh the memories I had... ( sniff , sniff ) I gone on it recently for nostalgia only to find the hangout place my rev Hunting clan used to chill is now empty , and my clan deserted...
And it now has way too many bots on there ruining the game.
Oh I miss old Runescape ;(
Anyway , post some memories here or if You still play it tell me how actually it's like!

I had a friend on Runescape back when I was starting middle school. He was in high school, but his family was moving away to Pensylvania or someplace near there, and I was too young and stupid to keep in contact with friends like that, so the only thing I have to remember him by was the theme song to Code Lyoko, and the time he introduced me to Runescape. It was the first MMO I had ever played.

I remember Beta5100, and I don't think he plays anymore, but I remember when he tried to get me into it as a middle-schooler. Once my friend had moved, honestly, I don't think I could ever play Runescape without feeling sentimental over my missing friend. He was REALLY into Runescape, I really hoped that I'd be able to contact him through it, but I lost my old account info - and the game's interface just changed so much, it really isn't the game my friend introduced to me back then.

I can edit my signature at will, but I can't edit my post. The hell, Newgrounds?

MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Anyone here remember Runescape? 2012-12-11 19:05:29 Reply

I remember I couldnt fucking remember my account for that fucking game

then I remember I had the account deleted for some stupid reason

man, I waste money on that fucking game? both in subscription fees AND from buying ingame currency to buy fake fucking chairs for my personal castle-house?

eh, I spent money on worse.

my love of material goods is far greater than my love of food

BBS Signature
AntiHero
AntiHero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Anyone here remember Runescape? 2012-12-11 21:15:01 Reply

I really enjoyed it when I started playing it around 2006 or so. I wasn't much of a gamer at the time, though I don't think you can call Runescape a game for serious gamers, so I didn't really get to a high level and mostly got all of my good stuff from help from friends. I occasionally go back to it for the nostalgia or just when I get bored but it never lasts long.

"On rainy days, I just sit there and make deals with the devil. The fun never ends..."

BBS Signature
TERMINATORINNC
TERMINATORINNC
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Anyone here remember Runescape? 2012-12-12 13:42:02 Reply

It was an interesting concept for what it is...as far as cutting down trees making fires and what not...ive always called it WOW's retarted cousin. The only two things I didnt like was that if you died you lost half your shit which pissed me off greatly and the mining...you could spend 10 minutes trying to get ore, someone come up and hit it once and get it. Plus it seemed like once you got to the higher ore they failed in the oven half the time lol. Looking back at it now it was a cool rpg but WOW just kills it now that I play it.