00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nuggetior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pokemon game app?

456 Views | 4 Replies

Pokemon game app? 2012-12-10 16:39:27

I was browsing destructoid and I saw this "pokedex app". And then I felt that the next pokemon generation should also be an iOS app, and the region should be your current location on google maps.

Yes, it would be pretty hard to code and the idea is kind of vague, but wouldn't it be cool that they would port the pokemon franchise to your smartphone? I mean it's a pretty social game, with the trading and battling friends and whatnot. But if you want to play with local friends you need to have your DS with you etc.
But everyone always has their phone with them.

Any thoughts on this? Is it stupid? Anyone want to point out some obvious flaws with this simple idea?

besides finding the people to actually make the game cuz i dont care about that, all I care for is if the idea is super duper cool

Response to Pokemon game app? 2012-12-10 16:42:13

They can do that after they make their Gen 3 remake. >:(

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon game app? 2012-12-10 16:45:24

At 12/10/12 04:42 PM, HighWay wrote: They can do that after they make their Gen 3 remake. >:(

Yah whatever man. I just want to see that made.
Integrating pokemon with your real life would be bitchin'
Also, it could convince people to start playing again.

At 12/10/12 04:42 PM, TurkeyBased wrote: i seriously dont get why pokemon is popular

I think mostly because of nostalgia? Also it's a pretty solid RPG

Response to Pokemon game app? 2012-12-10 16:56:33

I think that's one of the best ideas I've heard all week. Being able to battle more real-life like seems awesome. Too bad I'm probably not going to buy it because I'm a cheapskate.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon game app? 2012-12-10 17:20:02

At 12/10/12 04:56 PM, Knuckstrike wrote: I think that's one of the best ideas I've heard all week. Being able to battle more real-life like seems awesome. Too bad I'm probably not going to buy it because I'm a cheapskate.

If that shit ever gets made there will be tons of people on it to crack it I bet. So even pirates will be able to play it yay!