New Topic Respond to this Topic
Scintillating
Scintillating
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Space related question Dec. 10th, 2012 @ 11:04 AM Reply

Do you ever get a boner at the thought that the private space industry is growing, and it currently seems inevitable that space travel will become commonplace, with hotels and resorts in orbit around the Earth and on the Moon? Not to mention asteroid mining and sundry other things.

Gzus361
Gzus361
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Space related question Dec. 10th, 2012 @ 11:13 AM Reply

Don't start stroking your self just yet by the time any of the aforementioned technology sees fruition you (and me) will be too old to enjoy it and even if they let you it will probably be the last thing you do.
Also,you have to think about the financial end if your broke now (not saying you are) imagine in the future when the world economy has changed drastically (the way things are looking right now i wouldn't doubt this)
The more realistic view is "Man, that sucks im not gonna be around for that."
Sorry for the let down LOL.

BBS Signature
BucketOfSand
BucketOfSand
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to Space related question Dec. 10th, 2012 @ 11:17 AM Reply

MASS EFFECT WILL BE REAL AND BLUE WOMEN WILL WANT ME FOR MY PERSUASION TACTICS

follow me to the promised land
I hope I'm not stinking up the place with my superior logic

BBS Signature
Scintillating
Scintillating
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Space related question Dec. 10th, 2012 @ 11:19 AM Reply

At 12/10/12 11:13 AM, Gzus361 wrote: Don't start stroking your self just yet by the time any of the aforementioned technology sees fruition you (and me) will be too old to enjoy it and even if they let you it will probably be the last thing you do.
Also,you have to think about the financial end if your broke now (not saying you are) imagine in the future when the world economy has changed drastically (the way things are looking right now i wouldn't doubt this)
The more realistic view is "Man, that sucks im not gonna be around for that."

No, SpaceX and other private space corporations are already doing preliminary launches.. It may not be as illustrious as a mega-hotel in space, but private individuals will be able to go into space in my lifetime..

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Space related question Dec. 10th, 2012 @ 11:27 AM Reply

At 12/10/12 11:13 AM, Gzus361 wrote: The more realistic view is "Man, that sucks im not gonna be around for that."

Unfortunately, I think you might be right there. I think it might indeed still be a little bit too far into the future for us all to witness. Of course there are already space trips being planned for whoever cares to buy a ticket, but it's probably going to take a long time before they become affordable to Joe the Plumber (I see tickets are priced at $200k right now). Asteroid mining is also a hot topic at the moment, but again, it's still pretty far into the future before it's actually realised I think.

As for hotels in orbit, I don't think they've even began to develop that yet so forget about it.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 12 July 2014)

BBS Signature
Fisplen
Fisplen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Space related question Dec. 10th, 2012 @ 11:42 AM Reply

If You want more of a boner check this site out , it's done and researched by some people who know what there on about.
Obviously we don't know if what they say is gonna happen but it's fun to think of it like that.
http://www.futuretimeline.net/

'' Love is like a magnet , with most magnets repelling each other , however one day You will find that dodgy magnet that doesn't repel , one that sticks to You forever ''
Me

saqwert
saqwert
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Space related question Dec. 10th, 2012 @ 01:25 PM Reply

At 12/10/12 11:13 AM, Gzus361 wrote: Don't start stroking your self just yet by the time any of the aforementioned technology sees fruition you (and me) will be too old to enjoy it and even if they let you it will probably be the last thing you do.

Beh we're gonna get immortality soon and live like kings in space playing football and guy things initiative 2045

Lemonardo
Lemonardo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Space related question Dec. 10th, 2012 @ 01:48 PM Reply

At 12/10/12 11:17 AM, BucketOfSand wrote: MASS EFFECT WILL BE REAL AND BLUE WOMEN WILL WANT ME FOR MY PERSUASION TACTICS

I've had enough of your disingenuous assertions.

BBS Signature