New Topic Respond to this Topic
Opposition
Opposition
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Problem posting link in description Dec. 8th, 2012 @ 02:18 PM Reply

I've recently been experiencing a problem when typing url's into the description of some of my portal submissions. Basically all i wanted to do was redirect people to the time lapse video I posted on youtube of the paintings I posted on here. Maybe I'm dumb but I couldn't figure out how to hyperlink in the description so I just I tried to type in the url for people to copy and paste but when I submit the edit, the url that people see is incorrect or has random spaces and/or symbols in it.

For example I would try to type blogspot.com and it would appear as blogs pot.com. and my youtube channel which is youtube.com/oppositionart appears as youtube.com/op positionart. and if I tried to copy and paste the specific video url, the result would be so ridiculously butchered it was illegible.

I saw other artists post link to their videos that would not work either so I know its not just me. Is there a way to fix this or a cleaner way to get a link in an art submission's description?

Any help would be much obliged, thank you for your time.

ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Problem posting link in description Dec. 8th, 2012 @ 04:25 PM Reply

At 12/8/12 02:18 PM, Opposition wrote: Any help would be much obliged, thank you for your time.

It's something to do with the number of characters allowed in a row or something.
You could try a site like tinyurl.com to shorten them to fit.

That's all I got. Sorry.
Luwano
Luwano
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 37
Art Lover
Response to Problem posting link in description Dec. 8th, 2012 @ 07:38 PM Reply

At 12/8/12 04:25 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 12/8/12 02:18 PM, Opposition wrote: Any help would be much obliged, thank you for your time.
It's something to do with the number of characters allowed in a row or something.
You could try a site like tinyurl.com to shorten them to fit.

That's all I got. Sorry.

No, as far as I know links are seperated automatically to prevent promotion of websites via the author comments section. Although many people would link to relevant websites, there is too much abuse, so NG prevents it.

So I have heard....

BBS Signature
Opposition
Opposition
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Problem posting link in description Dec. 9th, 2012 @ 12:39 PM Reply

Thanks for the responses, that really sucks though. I wish there were a way around it.