Logo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Animator
All In One Touchscreen Pc Stylus??? 2012-12-07 20:09:02 Reply

I just got this all in one PC:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Lenovo+-+23%26%2334%3B+Touch-Scr een+All-In-One+Computer+-+4GB+Memory+-+500GB+Hard+Drive/6692 526.p?id=1218780225061&skuId=6692526&st=lenovo%20all%20in%20 one&cp=1&lp=2

I want to get a stylus if possible for it though and my searches have yielded minimum results. I know it's not designed for one, but do you guys know if one might work for it without damaging it?

Thanks!

Ignorance is bliss.

BBS Signature
M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to All In One Touchscreen Pc Stylus??? 2012-12-07 20:40:59 Reply

At 12/7/12 08:09 PM, Logo wrote: I just got this all in one PC:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Lenovo+-+23%26%2334%3B+Touch-Scr een+All-In-One+Computer+-+4GB+Memory+-+500GB+Hard+Drive/6692 526.p?id=1218780225061&skuId=6692526&st=lenovo%20all%20in%20 one&cp=1&lp=2

I want to get a stylus if possible for it though and my searches have yielded minimum results. I know it's not designed for one, but do you guys know if one might work for it without damaging it?

Thanks!

I assume it uses basically the same technology as the ipad so
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wacom-Bamboo-Solo-Stylus-Black/dp/B0 050OFF42

2.9GHz processing speed? Jesus Crist that's horrible, I hope this isn't your main rig because honestly I would rather stick broken glass up my finger nails and wipe away the blood with sandpaper covered in salt than use that for anything other than photoshop.

Spags
Spags
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to All In One Touchscreen Pc Stylus??? 2012-12-07 21:55:49 Reply

At 12/7/12 08:40 PM, M-Maher wrote: 2.9GHz processing speed? Jesus Crist that's horrible, I hope this isn't your main rig because honestly I would rather stick broken glass up my finger nails and wipe away the blood with sandpaper covered in salt than use that for anything other than photoshop.

Why do you have to be a jerk to the guy with a brand new piece of equipment that he's most likely pretty excited for? My processor is 2.53 GHz and I can run everything just fine, so I don't see why OP would have a problem. Seems like a decent machine.

OP, Wacom styluses (other than the one they make for iPad) won't work, but yeah, I think an iPad stylus would work. Oneor two brands make them similar to actual brushes if you're interested in that. This one is apparently the closest to pressure sensitivity you're going to get. I personally have used the Targus stylus in the past (I lost it) and it was okay, although the big rubber tip kinda jammed if you pushed your lines instead of pulling them. If you live near a big technology store like Frys or Best Buy, they usually have some cheap ones sitting around as well. I saw one that was similar to a ballpoint pen for 7 bucks.

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to All In One Touchscreen Pc Stylus??? 2012-12-07 23:07:53 Reply

At 12/7/12 09:55 PM, Spags wrote: Why do you have to be a jerk to the guy with a brand new piece of equipment that he's most likely pretty excited for? My processor is 2.53 GHz and I can run everything just fine, so I don't see why OP would have a problem. Seems like a decent machine.

I'm a computer guy,got a cisco qualification regarding hardware.

also spags, get a amd phenom ii x4 965 if your motherboard supports AM3+ because 2.53 GHz isn't going to hold its own, unless its a multi cored processor, what are you rocking at the moment?

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to All In One Touchscreen Pc Stylus??? 2012-12-08 00:13:21 Reply

At 12/7/12 11:07 PM, M-Maher wrote: I'm a computer guy,got a cisco qualification regarding hardware.

Whoop-dee-fucking-doo.
Doesn't mean you have to be a fucking asshole about it.
How about you go shove glass under your fingernails anyways, because I'd rather hear your screams of pain than your condescension towards someone who is looking for some help.

Izzy-A
Izzy-A
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Artist
Response to All In One Touchscreen Pc Stylus??? 2012-12-08 00:25:44 Reply

I've tried to find good styluses for iPads and andoid tablets, but they're all pens with the rubber ball things at the end. I asked around and some best buy people said they don't make touchscreen devices compatible with the styluses like wacoms. You're probably better off getting a small intuos/bamboo if you want to do some painting or drawing on your machine.

Or you can give those ball styluses a shot, you can make art with anything, why not...

Logo
Logo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Animator
Response to All In One Touchscreen Pc Stylus??? 2012-12-08 01:34:22 Reply

At 12/7/12 11:07 PM, M-Maher wrote: I'm a computer guy,got a cisco qualification regarding hardware.

Do you have a qualification in "asshole" too?

Thanks for sticking up for me guys :) <3

Ignorance is bliss.

BBS Signature
M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to All In One Touchscreen Pc Stylus??? 2012-12-08 06:56:32 Reply

At 12/8/12 01:34 AM, Logo wrote:
Do you have a qualification in "asshole" too?

Thanks for sticking up for me guys :) <3

no, I just want everyone to take advantage of the benefits of face melting power, computer manufacturers jip customers on this shit because they know they can because they assume every consumer is dumb as bricks, they are going to push onto you; the consumer old technology that is cheap and charge you double for it,

the processor in this is Intel Pentium, they've been making those since 1993, I had one in a win95 box and the maximum speed its clocked at is 3.8GHz, the maximum amount of cores it can have is 2 so even if you do have the multicored version then you'll only be pushing about 5.8GHz, in comparison to more modern processors that's very disappointing,

now I have no problem with the rest of the thing, DDR3 4GB RAM is decent and I built my younger brothers rig with those specifications and 500GB is sufficient if you don't download much, you should expand to a external HDD or SDD if you start to run out of space, Win8 I'm indifferent about, I run a dual booted Linux and Win7 combo, so I wouldn't know about win8, good for tablets apparently.

Logo
Logo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Animator
Response to All In One Touchscreen Pc Stylus??? 2012-12-08 22:27:30 Reply

Thing is... I have no idea where all this is coming from... I've seen a lot of "It wont work" but I'm running flash CS6 with no hesitation.

I don't have a ton of money so I just got what I could. If there's a better touchscreen all-in-one for $600, I'm all ears.

Ignorance is bliss.

BBS Signature