00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Youtube redesign

4,453 Views | 79 Replies

Response to Youtube redesign 2012-12-07 19:23:05

At 12/6/12 07:59 PM, Sequenced wrote: why are there updates every 3 months in everything? that pisses me off.

They do this all the time and much of the time it happened, the site becomes harder to navigate. If YouTube wanted to change something, it should have been their moderating system if there is even one.

Next thing you know, YouTube will have a layout that resembles Michael Jackson's nose, especially after 1993 anyway.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Youtube redesign 2012-12-07 19:40:56

I hate the new layout,but on the bright side its gonna bring people back to ng

Hi

BBS Signature

Response to Youtube redesign 2012-12-07 20:22:14

I'm okay with the design of Youtube when logged out of my account, but when logged in, it looks HORRENDOUS.

That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature

Response to Youtube redesign 2012-12-07 20:39:39

It just updated for me. I don't mind it since the only channel I subscribe to is HuskyStarcraft and his videos still show up when I click on his name on the side. If I want to watch any other video I just search it, which works the same. I wish they would just settle on one good design but like I said, I don't mind it; it's not much of a difference for me.

Now that I'm on the non-complaining side of a redseign, I feel like a whiny bitch for complaing about the NG redesign, but still.... THE OLD REDESIGN WAS BETTER. That is all.

It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature

Response to Youtube redesign 2012-12-08 16:43:31

Where did the More From bar or whatever it's called go? It used to be right above a video, and showed more videos from the channel in chronological order, but now it's just fucking disappeared... Really, that's the only thing I hate about this update.

Response to Youtube redesign 2012-12-08 16:50:32

I hate it... I mean... really, really, REALLY hate it. It's trying to be all compact for no reason whatsoever and it screwed with my subscriber feed so I have to change what I want to see every single time I open up youtube, the video pages have a gigantic empty space on the right side that seems to serve absolutely no purpose, the comments section is trying to be twitter, and now I can't look just at recommended videos because they're mixed in with a bunch of other shit I really don't care about.

I
Hate
It.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Youtube redesign 2012-12-08 16:53:47

Really doesn't seem as streamlined or convenient

Response to Youtube redesign 2012-12-08 17:02:22

At 12/8/12 04:43 PM, OwnageGiy223 wrote: Where did the More From bar or whatever it's called go? It used to be right above a video, and showed more videos from the channel in chronological order, but now it's just fucking disappeared... Really, that's the only thing I hate about this update.

Am I the only one who's noticed this? This is a bid deal for me; does nobody think the absence of that bar is a problem?

Response to Youtube redesign 2012-12-08 17:47:22

At 12/6/12 07:58 PM, Xenomit wrote: 1. IT HAPPENED A WEEK AND A HALF AGO
2. IT IS TERRIBLE AND YOU SHOULD FEEL TERRIBLE
3. IF I STAY AT THIS EMOTIONAL LEVEL IT WILL GET MY POINT ACROSS BETTER

for me it happened like 2 days ago.....and I fuckin hate it

I always come with a good plan, when that dont work I switch out to the hood plan

,.l.. >_< ..l.,

BBS Signature

Response to Youtube redesign 2012-12-08 17:48:18

Actually, one thing that does irk me about the new changes is where they've placed the video title. I keep thinking it's the at the top of the page AS IT'S ALWAYS BEEN but now I gotta remember it's just below the video. That's my only reasonable criticism, YouTube.

Response to Youtube redesign 2012-12-08 17:55:58

absolutely hate it

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to Youtube redesign 2012-12-08 18:38:26

They didn't have to change it in the first place as it was perfect, there are a few ideal problems especially for people who aren't use to it:
1) the swap of the box being on top instead of the title
2)can't browse similar videos made by the user on the same page while watching his/her clips

But i guess we could get use to it, i don't see much problems with it anyway but you bring a good point.

Response to Youtube redesign 2012-12-08 20:13:31

Like pretty much everyone has mentioned, I just wish that everything was centered, especially when I'm browsing with my giant iMac screen. Other than that I like how they've got more features to help people discover new channels and making it easier to subscribe. I'm sure I'll get used to it pretty quickly!

BBS Signature

Response to Youtube redesign 2012-12-08 20:26:04

Youtube still hasnt fixed the sign in issue ive been having with chome.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Youtube redesign 2012-12-09 01:14:10

now instead of viewing all the comments i have to repeatedly scroll down load more comments,wait for it to load scroll down load 10 more comments youtube sure knows what to improve

if it is a gigantic horrible typo mah bad

Response to Youtube redesign 2012-12-09 12:25:24

all they did is give it the appearance of being simplified. it isn't simplified at all, they just took out all the convenience and replaced it with huge white blank space.
- inbox notification is gone, i have to go to my account>inbox every time to check if i got anything
- subscriptions and recommendations are on separate pages now, which is useless and just adds more clicking
- more vids box is gone, you can't browse user vids while watching their content anymore. now you have to open their user page in a new tab to see what they've uploaded, if they have anything at all.
- can't search by viewcount anymore, the only filter that really mattered
- WTF is this left alignment? i feel so goddamn uncomfortable staring at the very top left of my screen the entire time i'm on youtube, seriously what the balls is this bullshit?

the last update was a matter of getting used to, this update is not, it's giving me a feaking headache. it's become a health concern.

Youtube redesign

Response to Youtube redesign 2012-12-09 12:31:09

I can't stand the new design. It is completely unnecessary and unhelpful. Not to mention the fact that it makes everything ten times harder for people that make a living off of making videos. The way they have it set up is so it shows you stuff that Youtube recommends rather than your subscriptions.

Whoever thought all this up is an idiot.

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [Game & Movie Portal Moderator]

Response to Youtube redesign 2012-12-09 14:11:05

Dude, do you really think there's people who do a lot on this website who don't also go to YouTube? Most popular flash artists have a YouTube profile with at least some material that isn't on this website.

I was disappointed to find out it would be harder to look for more videos the same person made, but there is still a way to do it, just not one as effective.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Youtube redesign 2012-12-21 11:17:10

someone found a way change the cookies back to the old youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDvxV8mW7iE

if you're using firefox: go to youtube, then tools> web developer> web console, then at the bottom copy paste this: document.cookie="VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE=qDpUsBNO0FY; expires=Thu, 2 Aug 2020 20:47:11 UTC"
press enter and refresh the page =)
i had to do it twice for it to work, but it really did work

Response to Youtube redesign 2012-12-21 11:22:52

Im still using the old one lel

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature