Be a Supporter!

NG community sucks because...

  • 1,514 Views
  • 69 Replies
New Topic
Parlux
Parlux
  • Member since: May. 1, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Gamer
NG community sucks because... 2012-12-05 19:43:30

Of the mods. Really guys I made a thread "Name my baby." and you delete because? I'm having a daughter and I wanted to see any original names or jokes. I could take a jab.

So General mods every time you do stuff like this your just driving away fans. I'm not trying to say "Hey back in the day it was better" but take a hint guys there is hardly any one on the forums any more and you can't say you don't care because why mod the forum with a iron fist it doesn't make sense?

No fun zone.

BBS Signature
TheHumanNugget
TheHumanNugget
  • Member since: May. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Melancholy
Response to NG community sucks because... 2012-12-05 19:45:30

Poor baby.


The Human Nugget- Ruining the internet, one post at a time.
Become my fan, because then you'll be cool.

Parlux
Parlux
  • Member since: May. 1, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Gamer
Response to NG community sucks because... 2012-12-05 19:46:09

At 12/5/12 07:45 PM, hiddeninthecrowd wrote: go fuck yourself

Bro and you have the right to tell me to go fuck myself. with out the mods deleting your post of banning you.


BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to NG community sucks because... 2012-12-05 19:46:47

I agree. The majority of the rules are retarded, and the majority of the mods are stupid.


TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
mothballs
mothballs
  • Member since: Nov. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to NG community sucks because... 2012-12-05 19:48:15

Well the mods used to be a lot more strict and corrupt, they've calmed down a whole lot this year so I can't see your point.

ExpletiveDeleted
ExpletiveDeleted
  • Member since: Jul. 22, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to NG community sucks because... 2012-12-05 19:48:23

At 12/5/12 07:47 PM, hiddeninthecrowd wrote: i certainly can say "go fuck yourself" without fear of post deletion or banning, and that's why you're wrong

inb4 irony ban


F**k.
YES I AM HECTICJON'S ALT ACCOUNT

BBS Signature
TheHumanNugget
TheHumanNugget
  • Member since: May. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Melancholy
Response to NG community sucks because... 2012-12-05 19:48:32

At 12/5/12 07:46 PM, Xenomit wrote: I agree. The majority of the rules are retarded, and the majority of the mods are stupid.

Don't gary, or they'll give you... the gas!


The Human Nugget- Ruining the internet, one post at a time.
Become my fan, because then you'll be cool.

Parlux
Parlux
  • Member since: May. 1, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Gamer
Response to NG community sucks because... 2012-12-05 19:48:47

At 12/5/12 07:47 PM, hiddeninthecrowd wrote:
At 12/5/12 07:46 PM, Parlux wrote:
At 12/5/12 07:45 PM, hiddeninthecrowd wrote: go fuck yourself
Bro and you have the right to tell me to go fuck myself. with out the mods deleting your post of banning you.
i certainly can say "go fuck yourself" without fear of post deletion or banning, and that's why you're wrong

You may be right but why isn't the forum populated like they use to be?


BBS Signature
TheHumanNugget
TheHumanNugget
  • Member since: May. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Melancholy
Response to NG community sucks because... 2012-12-05 19:50:30

At 12/5/12 07:49 PM, hiddeninthecrowd wrote:
At 12/5/12 07:48 PM, Parlux wrote: You may be right but why isn't the forum populated like they use to be?
because newgrounds is declining in popularity, therefore so is the forums

Exactly, that's why they introduced supporters.


The Human Nugget- Ruining the internet, one post at a time.
Become my fan, because then you'll be cool.

mothballs
mothballs
  • Member since: Nov. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to NG community sucks because... 2012-12-05 19:50:46

At 12/5/12 07:49 PM, hiddeninthecrowd wrote:
At 12/5/12 07:48 PM, Parlux wrote: You may be right but why isn't the forum populated like they use to be?
because newgrounds is declining in popularity, therefore so is the forums

Also the chat is taking away a lot of forum users.

SneakyGameBoy
SneakyGameBoy
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Gamer
Response to NG community sucks because... 2012-12-05 19:51:14

Honestly if a mod is deleting a thread without a good reason is obviously not a mature mod. Also they should some type notification thingy to let you know who locked/deleted your thread, so if we know who's abusing their power we will know who they are. Nowadays mods can get away with anything due to the lack of mods on here and less people.


XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature
Otto
Otto
  • Member since: Mar. 31, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Animator
Response to NG community sucks because... 2012-12-05 19:51:16

At 12/5/12 07:48 PM, Parlux wrote: You may be right but why isn't the forum populated like they use to be?

Nobody opens links any more. I swear that's it.

People want embedded videos to click and see. YouTube does this; Newgrounds does not. Gone are the days of the beautiful mystery that only dial-up, new-browser adventure could offer up.


This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
Parlux
Parlux
  • Member since: May. 1, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Gamer
Response to NG community sucks because... 2012-12-05 19:51:41

At 12/5/12 07:48 PM, mothballs wrote: Well the mods used to be a lot more strict and corrupt, they've calmed down a whole lot this year so I can't see your point.

The reason they have calmed down is because the forum isn't as populated with users. People who go to newgrounds meet ups that post on these forums have also left them because of the bull shit the mods.

I can speak for Grub-Xer0 who is my best friend outside of NG


BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to NG community sucks because... 2012-12-05 19:52:59

Then again, they'll never listen.

I've come to believe that Tom thinks the forums are bringing this site down, and has asked all the admins and mods to make the place as miserable as possible, so maybe we'll leave on our own terms. And so far, it's been working.


TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to NG community sucks because... 2012-12-05 19:54:38

At 12/5/12 07:53 PM, hiddeninthecrowd wrote: unfortunately we still have you

Always and forever


TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
ExpletiveDeleted
ExpletiveDeleted
  • Member since: Jul. 22, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to NG community sucks because... 2012-12-05 19:55:46

At 12/5/12 07:54 PM, Xenomit wrote:
At 12/5/12 07:53 PM, hiddeninthecrowd wrote: unfortunately we still have you
Always and forever

maybe you're who tom sent out to run people out of the forums


F**k.
YES I AM HECTICJON'S ALT ACCOUNT

BBS Signature
DarkMatter
DarkMatter
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Animator
Response to NG community sucks because... 2012-12-05 19:56:19

Yeah, as long as mods leave my threads alone, we cool.


WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THAT DUDE WITH THE RED HAT BROWN TRENCH COAT AND SHOTGUN?!?! I miss the old ASSASSIN days. Click Me

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to NG community sucks because... 2012-12-05 19:56:47

At 12/5/12 07:55 PM, ExpletiveDeleted wrote: maybe you're who tom sent out to run people out of the forums

No


TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
TheHumanNugget
TheHumanNugget
  • Member since: May. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Melancholy
Response to NG community sucks because... 2012-12-05 19:57:07

At 12/5/12 07:55 PM, ExpletiveDeleted wrote:
At 12/5/12 07:54 PM, Xenomit wrote:
At 12/5/12 07:53 PM, hiddeninthecrowd wrote: unfortunately we still have you
Always and forever
maybe you're who tom sent out to run people out of the forums

waht a twist


The Human Nugget- Ruining the internet, one post at a time.
Become my fan, because then you'll be cool.

Mr-Snrub
Mr-Snrub
  • Member since: Feb. 28, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 50
Gamer
Response to NG community sucks because... 2012-12-05 19:57:22

i usually avoid threads like these but i could not help but post because of the title

ALL OF YOU (besides Addict and Boss) ARE COMPLETE NOOBS. i say this because 99% of the decent people left a long time ago when loads of kiddies thought they could make an account underage and come in and fuck the place up.

p.s. - i am icy as fuck
mothballs
mothballs
  • Member since: Nov. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to NG community sucks because... 2012-12-05 20:00:39

At 12/5/12 07:51 PM, Parlux wrote:
At 12/5/12 07:48 PM, mothballs wrote: Well the mods used to be a lot more strict and corrupt, they've calmed down a whole lot this year so I can't see your point.
The reason they have calmed down is because the forum isn't as populated with users. People who go to newgrounds meet ups that post on these forums have also left them because of the bull shit the mods.

I can speak for Grub-Xer0 who is my best friend outside of NG

That's interesting, do you live fairly close to Grub? Because I do.

Anyway I actually got so fed up with the corruptness and strictness of the mods that I made a giant newspost ranting about it. This was a few years ago but still, I can understand your frustration man. And I too wish these forums weren't so dead, I remember being able to make 20-30 posts every hour. Now I make about 5-10 in that time.

Otto
Otto
  • Member since: Mar. 31, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Animator
Response to NG community sucks because... 2012-12-05 20:01:15

At 12/5/12 07:53 PM, hiddeninthecrowd wrote: unfortunately we still have you

ðYOEEUðYOEEUðYOEEU

NG community sucks because...


This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
DarkMatter
DarkMatter
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Animator
Response to NG community sucks because... 2012-12-05 20:02:59

At 12/5/12 07:57 PM, Mr-Snrub wrote:
ALL OF YOU (besides DarkMatter, Addict and Boss) ARE COMPLETE NOOBS.

fixed.


WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THAT DUDE WITH THE RED HAT BROWN TRENCH COAT AND SHOTGUN?!?! I miss the old ASSASSIN days. Click Me

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Writer
Response to NG community sucks because... 2012-12-05 20:04:10

Yes CLEARLY a forum is the most quintessential element of Newgrounds.


| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
mothballs
mothballs
  • Member since: Nov. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to NG community sucks because... 2012-12-05 20:07:07

At 12/5/12 08:02 PM, DarkMatter wrote:
At 12/5/12 07:57 PM, Mr-Snrub wrote:
ALL OF YOU (besides Regret, DarkMatter, Addict and Boss) ARE COMPLETE NOOBS.
fixed.

Fixed again.

Sword-of-Kings
Sword-of-Kings
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Gamer
Response to NG community sucks because... 2012-12-05 20:07:17

At 12/5/12 08:04 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Yes CLEARLY a forum is the most quintessential element of Newgrounds.

It is for me.

dreaming-loudly
dreaming-loudly
  • Member since: Jul. 28, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Filmmaker
Response to NG community sucks because... 2012-12-05 20:11:02

All Hail the mods! Our place is not to question - only to act!


Aa Bb Cc Dd Ee Ff Gg Hh Ii Jj Kk Ll Mm Nn Oo Pp Qq Rr Ss Tt Uu Vv Ww Xx Yy Zz

KillerSkull
KillerSkull
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2008
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Gamer
Response to NG community sucks because... 2012-12-05 20:29:24

At 12/5/12 07:46 PM, Xenomit wrote: I agree. The majority of the rules are retarded, and the majority of the mods are stupid.

No...it's just you.

TB1ZZL3
TB1ZZL3
  • Member since: Jan. 31, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Gamer
Response to NG community sucks because... 2012-12-05 20:30:39

I agree that the attempts at "quality control" are a tad pointless, but to say that it's driving people away from the forum is a bit irrational.


Last.fm | Xbox LIVE - TEE B1ZZL3 | Steam

BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Member since: Dec. 30, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to NG community sucks because... 2012-12-05 20:32:23

And while we're on the subject on bitching about mods. Why is talking of Pirate Bay a bannable offence?


BBS Signature