New Topic Respond to this Topic
freshmaker49
freshmaker49
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
acting as a fake introvert 2012-12-05 03:26:44 Reply

I believe I have been subconsciously putting on a act my whole life as a introvert. I was so good I fooled myself even by scoring a 95% introvert on personality tests. I had all these clowns telling me I had no social skills, was shy, and preferred to be alone. This is partly my fault, in not talking to anyone and avoiding others. Although I did this to protect myself and give little information out about myself. I've had two professionals tell me my social skills are above average. I"m tired of being alone, I cannot mentally and physically take it anymore, and was much happier when I lived with my now ex girlfriend. I thought I won the battle with the world being alone working on my projects, but they have won, and I must come out and play the game.

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to acting as a fake introvert 2012-12-05 03:34:14 Reply

Pushing people away so that you can be alone to work on your projects is incredibly introverted.

You just got lonely, doesn't mean you're the life of the party in disguise. And if you are, whats stopping you from hitting the local clubs and smooth talking a chick's panties off.

BizzarroPMP
BizzarroPMP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to acting as a fake introvert 2012-12-05 04:48:04 Reply

Lol lintire gitz all da wiminz

Zeppelyn: Since when does the bladder control the "poo poo"?
convict357: Um, you mean you f*ck chickens, turkeys are male chickens.

BBS Signature
Earfetish
Earfetish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to acting as a fake introvert 2012-12-05 05:30:12 Reply

Sometimes I act like I don't see people or that I'm too spaced out or tired or whatever to know what's going on because I cba talking to them. I hate the 'catching-up' conversation you do with people who you've not seen for a few years, like I'm obliged to talk to them about their job and whether they see any of the old gang when I usually couldn't give a shit.

Also I could have made an effort to keep in touch with friends but I also cba

with all of this, I loved acting on stage and at uni or whatever I was well-known and crazy, I would describe myself as an extrovert who fakes being an introvert

freshmaker49
freshmaker49
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to acting as a fake introvert 2012-12-05 05:49:29 Reply

At 12/5/12 03:34 AM, Lintire wrote: Pushing people away so that you can be alone to work on your projects is incredibly introverted.

Indeed. Although my projects will eventually make money, they are not just hobbies, but that may just be an excuse..

You just got lonely, doesn't mean you're the life of the party in disguise. And if you are, whats stopping you from hitting the local clubs and smooth talking a chick's panties off.

My christian religion is, not the answer you were expecting, but hey maybe ill do it anyway.

At 12/5/12 05:30 AM, Earfetish wrote:

:stuff

Indeed.

BBS Signature
Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 31
Musician
Response to acting as a fake introvert 2012-12-05 05:57:43 Reply

lol @ people believing there are two categories of people and you have to be one or the other

trakt|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to acting as a fake introvert 2012-12-05 06:20:59 Reply

At 12/5/12 05:57 AM, Sekhem wrote: lol @ people believing there are two categories of people and you have to be one or the other

I'm a strong female who doesn't need a male in my life. Sometimes I identify myself as a male and sometimes I identify myself as a female. Its my choice! Check your privilege CIS scum!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

Earfetish
Earfetish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to acting as a fake introvert 2012-12-05 06:31:35 Reply

At 12/5/12 05:57 AM, Sekhem wrote: lol @ people believing there are two categories of people and you have to be one or the other

wow you're so smart and intuitive, lol @ pessimists and optimists DON'T THEY REALISE

Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 31
Musician
Response to acting as a fake introvert 2012-12-05 06:48:51 Reply

At 12/5/12 06:31 AM, Earfetish wrote: wow you're so smart and intuitive, lol @ pessimists and optimists DON'T THEY REALISE

exactly

you aren't an introvert or an extrovert

you a human being

always remember that

#based

BBS Signature
Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 31
Musician
Response to acting as a fake introvert 2012-12-05 07:05:54 Reply

At 12/5/12 07:04 AM, Austerity wrote: You just have to analyze yourself and realize what you really want out of life and then achieve it.

precisely

never let labels like INTROVERT or EXTROVERT define you

remember that you are above labels

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to acting as a fake introvert 2012-12-05 08:44:31 Reply

There are many kinds of introverts.

For me, I love socializing at times, but I still enjoy being alone during evening hours to late making music. That's how I recharge.

lel

freshmaker49
freshmaker49
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to acting as a fake introvert 2012-12-05 09:23:40 Reply

At 12/5/12 07:05 AM, Sekhem wrote:
At 12/5/12 07:04 AM, Austerity wrote: You just have to analyze yourself and realize what you really want out of life and then achieve it.
precisely

never let labels like INTROVERT or EXTROVERT define you

remember that you are above labels

I'm not trying to label anyone but the psychologists that came up with those terms are trying to tell you something. Most of the world is considered extroverted. That is how society functions, not that its a good thing buts its reality. Extroverts are more aggressive and they get by easier. Introverts are passive bitches that get run over. That's why they hide in their rooms all day playing video games. Sure you can make a good living being or programmer or something of the like, but in return that is only going to further your introversion. If people want that life then fine, but I really don't, I'm sick of taking shit and I'm done.

BBS Signature
i-am-ghey
i-am-ghey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Melancholy
Response to acting as a fake introvert 2012-12-05 10:32:18 Reply

being an introvert does not necessarily mean you are lacking in social skills or interpersonal skills. it is a common misconception.

the main reason why introverts prefer to be alone is they simply don't want to spend too much time socializing with other people. it sort of drains the energy away from them.

in fact, i think introverts tend to be more considerate about others' feelings and they are usually quite nice to talk to.

I am just a random user from a set of measure zero and thus am negligible.

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to acting as a fake introvert 2012-12-05 13:20:24 Reply

I think i've seen more people who lean towards the introverted side of the spectrum and try to act extroverted than the other way around.

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
DickChick
DickChick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to acting as a fake introvert 2012-12-05 14:03:21 Reply

I'm an extrovert, I've always enjoyed having friends and socializing constantly but generally I lack the social skills and confidence to be successful around other people which makes me incredibly lonely. What do?

Just a chick with a dick.

freshmaker49
freshmaker49
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to acting as a fake introvert 2012-12-05 14:14:13 Reply

At 12/5/12 01:20 PM, FairSquare wrote: I think i've seen more people who lean towards the introverted side of the spectrum and try to act extroverted than the other way around.

That's because they are forced to by society.

At 12/5/12 02:03 PM, DickChick wrote: I'm an extrovert, I've always enjoyed having friends and socializing constantly but generally I lack the social skills and confidence to be successful around other people which makes me incredibly lonely. What do?

Take a pesonality test online, you will probably score more introverted. Read up on extroverts and act like them.

BBS Signature
DickChick
DickChick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to acting as a fake introvert 2012-12-05 14:15:27 Reply

At 12/5/12 02:14 PM, freshmaker49 wrote: Take a pesonality test online, you will probably score more introverted. Read up on extroverts and act like them.

I thought that introverts were people that prefer to be alone and "recharge" by doing so. It's not a measure of social success.

Just a chick with a dick.

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to acting as a fake introvert 2012-12-05 14:31:03 Reply

At 12/5/12 02:15 PM, DickChick wrote: I thought that introverts were people that prefer to be alone and "recharge" by doing so. It's not a measure of social success.

Completely correct. Being around other people and talking to them exhausts the average introvert, and I've met more then one socially stunted extrovert.

Anyway, "acting" like another personality "type" isn't going to suddenly make you it. It should be noted that the Myers-Briggs typological personality test is more or less laughed at in psychology circles because get this: people's personalities aren't static.

Silverdust
Silverdust
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Art Lover
Response to acting as a fake introvert 2012-12-05 14:41:48 Reply

Here's a fantastic video for anyone interested in this subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0KYU2j0TM4

RussiaToday : Aljazeera : TEDTalks : io9
"We have the Bill of Rights; what we need is a Bill of Responsibilities." ~ Bill Maher

BBS Signature
Jeffyx
Jeffyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to acting as a fake introvert 2012-12-05 15:33:04 Reply

After I recovered from Lyme Disease, I was extremely depressed and depersonalized. I went from an extrovert to an introvert. At that time, I didn't want to leave my house. I went about 2 months without seeing any of my friends. Luckily, I broke out of my funk, and I'm the same person that I was.

Lyme Disease destroys your sanity.

"Life is a bitch, so learn how to fuck it" | Become my NG fan! | #teamsuckdick

BBS Signature
freshmaker49
freshmaker49
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to acting as a fake introvert 2012-12-05 19:44:20 Reply

âTM«âTMª.ılılıll|Ì...̲Ì...â-Ì...̲Ì..
.|Ì...̲Ì...=Ì...̲Ì...|Ì...̲Ì...â-Ì...̲Ì