Be a Supporter!

Meat is Murder

  • 3,131 Views
  • 152 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Member since: Jun. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Meat is Murder Dec. 5th, 2012 @ 11:44 PM Reply

At 12/4/12 10:20 PM, Ilssm wrote:
So, NGers, why aren't y'all vegetarians yet?
Because it tastes so good.

This is the only argument that is needed

ohbombuh
ohbombuh
  • Member since: Aug. 4, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Meat is Murder Dec. 5th, 2012 @ 11:51 PM Reply

At 12/4/12 10:17 PM, Ononymous wrote: Meat, on the other hand, greatly harms the ecosystem

Better burn all your pets and bury them in lead coffins. Protein is just too unnatural and deadly.


The simple fact is that some people will never be happy, no matter how good their lives are.

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Meat is Murder Dec. 5th, 2012 @ 11:53 PM Reply

gais i figurd it out

vegitarians r just peple tring to get us to eat plants so we won be strong


TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
o0-0o
o0-0o
  • Member since: May. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Meat is Murder Dec. 6th, 2012 @ 01:00 AM Reply

I'm not a vegetarian but I do find it funny how most people here are bashing vegetarianism without ever even trying it.

Give it a go, you will probably be singing a different tune even if you don't stay vegetarian.

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Meat is Murder Dec. 6th, 2012 @ 01:06 AM Reply

At 12/6/12 01:00 AM, o0-0o wrote: I'm not a vegetarian but I do find it funny how most people here are bashing vegetarianism without ever even trying it.

Give it a go, you will probably be singing a different tune even if you don't stay vegetarian.

No. It is literally purely for the sake of feeling superior. It is in human nature to eat meat.


TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
o0-0o
o0-0o
  • Member since: May. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Meat is Murder Dec. 6th, 2012 @ 01:10 AM Reply

At 12/6/12 01:06 AM, Xenomit wrote:
At 12/6/12 01:00 AM, o0-0o wrote: I'm not a vegetarian but I do find it funny how most people here are bashing vegetarianism without ever even trying it.

Give it a go, you will probably be singing a different tune even if you don't stay vegetarian.
No. It is literally purely for the sake of feeling superior. It is in human nature to eat meat.

Not at the amounts we eat it.

People in this thread have done nothing but bash vegetarians for the most part, who is trying to feel superior or are people just ashamed?

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Meat is Murder Dec. 6th, 2012 @ 01:12 AM Reply

At 12/6/12 01:10 AM, o0-0o wrote: People in this thread have done nothing but bash vegetarians for the most part, who is trying to feel superior or are people just ashamed?

The main reason everyone is bashing them is because OP was a stereotypical vegetarian, and is proof that vegitarianism is purely for feeling special

"So, why aren't you guys vegetarians yet? Because, you know, vegetarianism is the only way to eat."


TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
o0-0o
o0-0o
  • Member since: May. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Meat is Murder Dec. 6th, 2012 @ 01:16 AM Reply

I know a lot of vegetarians and none of them fit this stereotype.

This is totally a 'honeymoon' type behavior, whenever someone finds something new they feel they must convert everyone to it. It's not too different from someone finding a new game or whatever hobby and saying 'hey everyone try this out or you suck' type deal. Not a 'vegetarian' stereotype.

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Meat is Murder Dec. 6th, 2012 @ 01:28 AM Reply

At 12/6/12 01:16 AM, o0-0o wrote: I know a lot of vegetarians and none of them fit this stereotype.

This is totally a 'honeymoon' type behavior, whenever someone finds something new they feel they must convert everyone to it. It's not too different from someone finding a new game or whatever hobby and saying 'hey everyone try this out or you suck' type deal. Not a 'vegetarian' stereotype.

Let me guess, do they also convince themselves that meat is the absolute worst thing on the planet, that grass is much better for you, ect?

Or are they the "I don't eat meat because an animal would have to die" type of vegetarian?

I honestly don't know which type is dumber than the other, so I wont go off into that.


TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
JamieWelch
JamieWelch
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Artist
Response to Meat is Murder Dec. 6th, 2012 @ 01:34 AM Reply

I think arguing about this is pointless. As a vegetarian myself, I usually try to avoid meaningless discussions like this... I'm a vegetarian because it makes me feel better not eating animals. Everyone has different morals and I don't think things like this should be forced upon other people. Do I personally think it would be a more harmonious life if everyone didn't eat meat? Yes I do, but unfortunately life isn't perfect and it's not ethical to think everyone could survive doing it. Food shortages plague many places in the world, and I don't judge any of them for eating meat when they have the chance.

As for the health arguments:
First of all, you can maintain a healthy diet regardless of your personal dietary preferences. There are unhealthy vegetarians out there and there are unhealthy meat eaters out there. Simply eating meat does not ensure that you will be healthy. Unless you are a health conscious person, you are most likely going to be lacking in some nutrients. If people choose to not eat meat, they can still get all the required nutrients using alternative methods, and there are many studies that can back that up.

Second, the majority of the meat you consume in your life is probably modified and artificial anyway. Using the "natural" argument doesn't really work. Humans are wired to get a certain amount of nutrients in their diet. Where we get that is not important to the body. If everyone was eating healthy free range animals, maybe you could argue that we are missing out on an excellent source of natural nutrients, however most animals on the market have terrible, stressful lives and are being engineered to create as much meat as possible. So I personally wouldn't consider what you're eating "natural".

Unfortunately, regardless of my opinions and thoughts, you will all continue to think the way you do, and that's my point. Discussions like this rarely get anywhere and normally just make us alienate one another. Regardless of your preferences, we are all just people, and we all have different morals. It doesn't make sense to force opinions on each other. Just stick up for what you believe in and don't let society tell you how to think. Whether you are happy eating meat or not eating meat, just do what's best for you and be aware of your decision.


BBS Signature
o0-0o
o0-0o
  • Member since: May. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Meat is Murder Dec. 6th, 2012 @ 01:44 AM Reply

Most of my vegetarian friends are like Jamie.

Gzus361
Gzus361
  • Member since: Jun. 29, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Meat is Murder Dec. 6th, 2012 @ 06:02 AM Reply

At 12/6/12 01:44 AM, o0-0o wrote: Most of my vegetarian friends are like Jamie.

Most of my vegetarian friends are like.......oh yea i dont know any vegetarians.


BBS Signature
Jin
Jin
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Blank Slate
Response to Meat is Murder Dec. 6th, 2012 @ 07:07 AM Reply

GM food is not analogous to using steroids or botox, they are still grown from a seed or naturally born; everything is natural. Non-GM foods are weak and produce less on the same amount of land. Unless you want more than the current 14% of all humans to starve, keep GM food (including veggies) and meat, stop trying to make living more difficult for others, or even better have an answer to how you're going to feed 7 billion people with only organic veggies. Only privileged people with all the different kinds of vegan food brought to their local food store can afford to go on a vegetarian diet.


BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 59
Writer
Response to Meat is Murder Dec. 6th, 2012 @ 07:31 AM Reply

Because I'm just a cunt.

I'm going to the pub for steak this lunchtime. I shall revel in the suffering of the animal as I masticate its delicious flesh, complete with a side order of onion rings, chips and salad.


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Mr-kruger
Mr-kruger
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Movie Buff
Response to Meat is Murder Dec. 6th, 2012 @ 08:02 AM Reply

hold on im off to go arrest some lions because they made a gazelle feel very anxious before they ripped his throat out and ate his flesh.

Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Meat is Murder Dec. 6th, 2012 @ 02:30 PM Reply

I find it hilarious that excluding OP, everyone who's ever been vegetarian in this thread posted an intelligent response and showed they accept both diets as being fine for whoever chooses them.
And most meat eaters have made idiotic defensive or aggressive posts.


The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Meat is Murder Dec. 6th, 2012 @ 02:45 PM Reply

no, meat is food


Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

homor
homor
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Meat is Murder Dec. 6th, 2012 @ 04:28 PM Reply

At 12/6/12 02:30 PM, Sensationalism wrote: And most meat eaters have made idiotic defensive or aggressive posts.

Several "meat eaters" have made rational, well-reasoned posts in this thread. You're just too blinded by your own smug self-righteousness to see it.


"Guns don't kill people, the government does."
- Dale Gribble
Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Meat is Murder Dec. 6th, 2012 @ 05:04 PM Reply

At 12/6/12 04:28 PM, homor wrote: Several "meat eaters" have made rational, well-reasoned posts in this thread. You're just too blinded by your own smug self-righteousness to see it.

LMFAO.


The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
homor
homor
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Meat is Murder Dec. 6th, 2012 @ 05:40 PM Reply

At 12/6/12 05:04 PM, Sensationalism wrote: LMFAO.

Wow, awesome retort there, i'm really eating humble pie now. "lmfao" oh shit, i can't find a single logical flaw with your biting and elaborately thought-out comeback. Ack, i am undone i say!


"Guns don't kill people, the government does."
- Dale Gribble
Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Meat is Murder Dec. 6th, 2012 @ 05:48 PM Reply

At 12/6/12 05:42 PM, 24901miles wrote: If you haven't gone at least a month of your life without eating meat, you wouldn't understand exactly why vegans and vegetarians are so opposed to associating with meat eaters.

It's to feel superior

Your senses are on peak every waking moment of the day

That's because at that point, your natural instinct to obtain protein vastly raises, and your senses are elevated through several hormonal processes

In other words, your natural human instinct to eat an animal kicks in, and your brain makes it easier to find, catch and kill your prey.

and you just feel so much healthier.

Superiority complex making you think you feel healthier so that way you can justify defying nature.

Meat itself is disgusting

So you're disgusting?

and people who smell like they've been eating dead animals are sickening.

You mean that savory smell of cooked meat?


TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
Otto
Otto
  • Member since: Mar. 31, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Animator
Response to Meat is Murder Dec. 6th, 2012 @ 05:50 PM Reply

More and more I feel like I should be, I really do. I used to argue the side of the carnivore once; an attempt at being cool in the face of futility, but I don't care about that any more. It's about time I believed in something irrefutably good.

Well, stop eating quite as much meat anyway. Lots of red meat ain't good.


This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Meat is Murder Dec. 6th, 2012 @ 05:54 PM Reply

At 12/6/12 05:50 PM, Otto wrote: More and more I feel like I should be, I really do. I used to argue the side of the carnivore once; an attempt at being cool in the face of futility, but I don't care about that any more. It's about time I believed in something irrefutably good.

See? He's not even fully vegetarian and he's already got that superiority complex working for him

"So yeah man, eating meat is just generally bad, and being a vegetarian is to be a higher consciousness"


TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Meat is Murder Dec. 6th, 2012 @ 06:02 PM Reply

At 12/6/12 05:56 PM, 24901miles wrote: I started reading Xenomit's posts a long while ago because it's always fun to watch someone talk about shit they don't know. I kept reading because every time his house of cards falls to the ground, he pretends it's been built up another level.

What do you mean? Vegetarianism is ok and everything, but it's nothing more than a smug way of saying "I'm better than you".

If you want, you could actually point out one thing I said that was wrong in that last post back there, before you make such silly accusations.


TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Meat is Murder Dec. 6th, 2012 @ 06:06 PM Reply

At 12/6/12 06:02 PM, Xenomit wrote: What do you mean? Vegetarianism is ok and everything, but it's nothing more than a smug way of saying "I'm better than you".

No it's not. Don't presume to say so. Of course some people do think they're better than others and try to force such things on other people, and that is bad of course. But for the majority such things are not pertained. So don't say such things. It's rather loathsome. As in, people will dislike you for saying that vegetarianism is a smug way of saying "I'm better than you".


BBS Signature
Slint
Slint
  • Member since: Nov. 6, 2007
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Audiophile
Response to Meat is Murder Dec. 6th, 2012 @ 06:06 PM Reply

Heifer whines could be human cries
Closer comes the screaming knife
This beautiful creature must die
This beautiful creature must die
A death for no reason
And death for no reason is MURDER


Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
CrazySquirrel124
CrazySquirrel124
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Meat is Murder Dec. 6th, 2012 @ 06:19 PM Reply

well actually when animals are scared just before they die they produce massive amounts of vitamin x which prevents autism and asspergers.


Don't bitch about me greentexting.

kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Meat is Murder Dec. 6th, 2012 @ 06:31 PM Reply

soup is suicide


Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

k6ka
k6ka
  • Member since: May. 13, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Meat is Murder Dec. 6th, 2012 @ 06:35 PM Reply

Technically all meat is murder, but what's really more murder is what's going on with meat production nowadays. Animals are being overcrowded, literally nose to butt with their fellow friends. They stand knee deep in their own manure, and do nothing but stand there eating hormone-enriched food to fatten them up quickly. They are tortured brutalized, diseased, and, most importantly, their suffering is ignored, hidden, unseen.

Now that's murder. Shame on you!

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Member since: Mar. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to Meat is Murder Dec. 6th, 2012 @ 06:39 PM Reply

At 12/4/12 10:17 PM, Ononymous wrote: So, NGers, why aren't y'all vegetarians yet?

;;;;
If god (aka the flying spagetti monster) didn't want us to kill & eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of meat !

Tastey delicious meat !


Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More