00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nuggetior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Colonel's Art

1,565 Views | 21 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Colonel's Art 2012-12-04 06:37:30

The title of the topic is sort of sarcasm you could say, cause what I make isn't really that good, but I'm a newbie at drawing, but I'd like to be better. I thought I'd make a topic here to show you guys some stuff I draw since sketches and stuff you don't consider "complete" can't be posted in the art portal, and also because for some reason, I can't post anything in the art portal. It gives me an error.

Anyways, I'll upload stuff here as I go, but most of the drawings I make are either in Photoshop or in Flash, you'll probably be able to tell (flash has way smoother lines, lol.) And please don't tell me I'm not a Picasso, cause I know. lol
Get ready for Colonel's wacky art.

This one is of Cubone, and I drew it in Photoshop while looking at another picture of cubone as reference.
I know, it looks a little choppy cause I was using the pencil and I wasn't using a high enough resolution or something, lol

Colonel's Art

Response to Colonel's Art 2012-12-04 06:44:10

I should probably add that I use a tablet.
Aiptek Slim Tablet 600U Premium II, long name, but it works!

Here's another drawing I made of Cubone, but this one was for the Show Me Your Pokemanz! topic.
So it's NSFW, but TOO LATE, you already saw it.... sorry...

Colonel's Art

Response to Colonel's Art 2012-12-04 07:24:14

How about a zombie Hitler?
I'll post more when I make more.

Colonel's Art

Response to Colonel's Art 2012-12-04 09:59:09

At 12/4/12 06:37 AM, ColonelMagus wrote: for some reason, I can't post anything in the art portal. It gives me an error.

This has been happening a fair bit lately. Maybe try changing your image size, or the browser that you're using. It's being worked on.

Anyways, I'll upload stuff here as I go, but most of the drawings I make are either in Photoshop or in Flash, you'll probably be able to tell (flash has way smoother lines, lol.) And please don't tell me I'm not a Picasso, cause I know. lol
Get ready for Colonel's wacky art.

We're welcome to everyone, not just the fantastically amazing artists. Hell, my art is pretty weak, but I've still posted it here in the past. Regardless, this is a place where you can come and grow and learn.

This one is of Cubone, and I drew it in Photoshop while looking at another picture of cubone as reference.
I know, it looks a little choppy cause I was using the pencil and I wasn't using a high enough resolution or something, lol

Yeah, when using photoshop, use the brush tool. Unless you're going for something more pixely, avoid the pencil tool.

Response to Colonel's Art 2012-12-04 14:20:20

At 12/4/12 09:59 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: We're welcome to everyone, not just the fantastically amazing artists. Hell, my art is pretty weak, but I've still posted it here in the past. Regardless, this is a place where you can come and grow and learn.

Yeah, I talked to BFP about it, he said some people were having that issue, so he was gonna see if the developers could look into it. And thanks, I'll see if I can improve over time. Hmm, I didn't want the edges to look too blurry either, but I could probably use a pretty hard brush, still better than pencil. I still like how flash just smooths everything out on the go. It's a good starting point anyways.

Response to Colonel's Art 2013-01-09 04:07:32

This is a sketch of le Frenchie!
I just call him Frenchie cause he's supposed to be french.
Giant fucking snail on his head is cause french people love snails.

Colonel's Art

Response to Colonel's Art 2013-01-09 04:08:55

Here's frenchie in le complete form!
He is one sexy bitch!

Colonel's Art

Response to Colonel's Art 2013-01-15 10:47:36

So I just finished creating a background picture for my YouTube channel.
It's pretty small, but it's supposed to wrap or repeat in all directions to fill in empty space.
I made 6 versions of this, but I'll just show you a merge of all 6.

Let me know what you think!

Colonel's Art

Response to Colonel's Art 2013-02-02 17:06:27

I drew a Pikachu, cause Pokemon is awesome!

Colonel's Art

Response to Colonel's Art 2013-02-02 19:13:06

At 2/2/13 05:06 PM, ColonelMagus wrote: I drew a Pikachu, cause Pokemon is awesome!

Where's its nose?

Response to Colonel's Art 2013-02-02 19:43:49

At 2/2/13 07:13 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 2/2/13 05:06 PM, ColonelMagus wrote: I drew a Pikachu, cause Pokemon is awesome!
Where's its nose?

Derp, lol
Thanks, good eye.

Colonel's Art

Response to Colonel's Art 2013-02-03 00:20:48

At 2/2/13 07:43 PM, ColonelMagus wrote: Derp, lol
Thanks, good eye.

Yeah, looks a lot more natural now.

Response to Colonel's Art 2013-02-03 04:44:33

Drew the helmet that's typically used as a symbol of Skyrim.
Powah to the Nords! Fus Ro Dah!

Colonel's Art

Response to Colonel's Art 2013-02-04 01:27:30

Here's a drawing I made today while live streaming.

It's lil' Dante!

Colonel's Art

Response to Colonel's Art 2013-02-04 01:35:25

meaow has no nose and no one cared in to making it
btw nice job and keep practicing

another newborn fetus

Response to Colonel's Art 2013-02-04 01:42:21

At 2/4/13 01:35 AM, MAKOMEGA wrote: meaow has no nose and no one cared in to making it
btw nice job and keep practicing

Lol, it's not hard to add a nose, but chibis usually don't have noses, lol

Response to Colonel's Art 2013-02-14 13:26:20

So I drew the Triforce to use it as a thumbnail on my Let's Play: Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time videos.
I'm actually happy with how the highlights came out.

Colonel's Art

Response to Colonel's Art 2013-02-16 14:36:07

A drawing of the Ocarina of Time I made for my Let's Play thumbnails of Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Colonel's Art

Response to Colonel's Art 2013-03-07 14:01:04

Drew the Star Fox logo

Colonel's Art

Response to Colonel's Art 2013-03-07 14:03:10

The Arwing from Star Fox 64

Colonel's Art

Response to Colonel's Art 2013-03-07 14:21:47

I'm not too familiar with the game, but the design looks great. Feels very 3D!

At 3/7/13 02:03 PM, ColonelMagus wrote: The Arwing from Star Fox 64

| Art n' animation Tumblr | R&S comic Tumblr | Follow for LIVE streams Twitter | Animation CH YouTube |

Response to Colonel's Art 2013-03-07 14:58:36

At 2/16/13 02:36 PM, ColonelMagus wrote: A drawing of the Ocarina of Time I made for my Let's Play thumbnails of Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Really like the lines on this. I know some people like a more consistent outline, but I like the way yours bend naturally.

every morn I awake from the cavernous night

look at my pictures

look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature