New Topic Respond to this Topic
Crazywill
Crazywill
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Favorite Racing game[s]? 2012-12-06 21:58:30 Reply

My favorite racing games are the Mario Kart series and that one game... uh I think it was called Beetle Adventure Racing or something like that. That was a good racing game too. Mario Kart is known by many, so I don't think I need to explain that one.

Beetle Adventure Racing took the Volkswagen Beetle and gave it power-ups and other things to make it more fun I guess. I also have played some of the Need for Speed games, but only the second one I think. I thought that was a pretty good game as well.

Other than that, I am not really a fan of the racing genre. I don't actively seek out such games, and when given a choice, I prefer adventure or platformers.

The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

TB1ZZL3
TB1ZZL3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Favorite Racing game[s]? 2012-12-07 00:03:00 Reply

For sims (and my current overall favorite), Forza Motorsport 4.

For arcade, Burnout Paradise.

For retro, Gran Turismo 4.

Last.fm | Xbox LIVE - TEE B1ZZL3 | Steam

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Favorite Racing game[s]? 2012-12-07 00:57:29 Reply

The original Need For Speed: Most Wanted for the Xbox 360 close to launch is the most fun racing game that I have ever played. Outside of that Burnout Paradise gives it a run for the money, especially when they released bikes.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Urban-Champion
Urban-Champion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Favorite Racing game[s]? 2012-12-07 01:17:09 Reply

At 12/6/12 09:58 PM, Crazywill wrote: Beetle Adventure Racing took the Volkswagen Beetle and gave it power-ups and other things to make it more fun I guess. I also have played some of the Need for Speed games, but only the second one I think. I thought that was a pretty good game as well.

Beetle adventure racing really is an underrated gem. I probably would turn my nose up at it now but i loved it as a kid. Developed by EA, so it's probably the closest the N64 will get to having a NFS. Only a lot more cartoony and... uh... Beetley.

WiiFittoToreinaa
WiiFittoToreinaa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Favorite Racing game[s]? 2012-12-07 10:07:33 Reply

initial d, gran turismo, f-zero

Get lyrically fit!!!! Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature
scoutthesoldier
scoutthesoldier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Favorite Racing game[s]? 2012-12-07 20:42:25 Reply

I guess Mario Kart. My favorite one was on the wii, mainly because of the inclusion of Bikes and more characters.

That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Favorite Racing game[s]? 2012-12-13 01:19:04 Reply

Let me update my list.

Burnout 3
Flatout
Mario Kart
Kinetica
MX VS ATV Unleashed
Freekstyle

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
Seamonky
Seamonky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Favorite Racing game[s]? 2012-12-14 08:54:36 Reply

At 12/3/12 08:50 PM, Urban-Champion wrote: Nothing more to the question. Just post what you think is one of the more enjoyable racing games out there. I thoroughly enjoy arcade style racing games like F-zero and San Francisco Rush because the fun comes from how over the top they are. Racers that try to simulate driving a real car can be frustrating and boring, at least in my opinion.

Blur for the Xbox 360 is the best racing game I've ever played in my life. It's a mixture of Mario Kart and real life cars. If you guys ever wanna play a good racing game, that's one to pick up.

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member. Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature
argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Favorite Racing game[s]? 2012-12-14 21:26:04 Reply

Daytonna Usa and Sega Rally Championship , Sega knows how make good racers

Urban-Champion
Urban-Champion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Favorite Racing game[s]? 2012-12-14 23:17:16 Reply

At 12/6/12 08:26 PM, Austerity wrote: I always loved Cruis'n Exotica, the graphics look aged now but I still pop in the local laundromat which has the arcade machine to play it occassionally.

Ah, the arcade version is much, much superior to the awful n64 version.

Urban-Champion
Urban-Champion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Favorite Racing game[s]? 2012-12-14 23:18:46 Reply

At 12/14/12 09:26 PM, argile wrote: Daytonna Usa and Sega Rally Championship , Sega knows how make good racers

I like your style.
You know what's up neeyugguh.

YellowisCOOL
YellowisCOOL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to Favorite Racing game[s]? 2012-12-15 03:04:31 Reply

All Mario Kart games <3

R O A $ T D U C K - Soundcloud ϫ It's a metaphor you potato with eyes ϫ

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Favorite Racing game[s]? 2012-12-15 10:53:16 Reply

Burnout 3

Burnout revenge (The chaos that made B3 hilarious has greatly toned down but the presentation was excellent)

Jak X Combat Racing

QOTW: "I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Favorite Racing game[s]? 2012-12-15 10:59:14 Reply

At 12/6/12 08:44 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: Don you feel the Sunshine~

Can

Does it lighten up your day~

brighten

Do you feel the Sunshine~

Don't that sometimes

As I go my own way~

you just need to run away

I am glad I don't accurately remember the words.

I'll accept the consequences.

QOTW: "I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
ZombieKangaroo
ZombieKangaroo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Game Developer
Response to Favorite Racing game[s]? 2012-12-16 09:46:54 Reply

My favourite racing game is and probably always will be Mario Kart Wii, it got pretty much everything right. I'm not looking for a serious car game, I'm looking for something that I can enjoy by myself, with family and with my friends and it has that.

The Juggernauts will awaken...

Seamonky
Seamonky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Favorite Racing game[s]? 2012-12-16 12:23:06 Reply

O yeah, I can never forget the Crash Bandicoot Kart games like Crash Team Racing and Crash Nitro Kart for the PS2.

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member. Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature
Kraizer33
Kraizer33
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Animator
Response to Favorite Racing game[s]? 2012-12-18 20:55:57 Reply

Rad Racer 2
Top Gear

unconsidered
unconsidered
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to Favorite Racing game[s]? 2012-12-20 00:03:22 Reply

At 12/4/12 11:36 PM, Klobb17 wrote:
At 12/4/12 10:33 PM, unconsidered wrote: Split Second

Yeah sure you can knock it off as being a "If Michel Bay made a racing game". But their is something so appealing to me about the game. It's not just you vs the competition, it's you vs the world. And despite everything being against you, you can still pull a 1st place. And the music and theme doesn't hurt either, in fact, it enhances the experience. Actually, I think I'm going to play this game now. And did I mention the PC version has LAN, Split Screen, and Online Multiplayer?
Always good to see someone else who enjoys Split/Second. The game doesn't get nearly enough attention as it should. Do you play it on Xbox 360 by chance? One of Split/Second's downfalls is the fact that the multiplayer is pretty much dead at this point. Such a shame that an underrated racing game gets looked over, what with more popular names drawing people away and all.

Even if I didn't live in a transitional shelter, I'm sure that almost everyone either has the best cars or bought them though DLC, so no Online for me on that game, at least on the 360. I'm sure if you just wait until the holidays or a hot day that no one wants to go out, or a Hollywood blockbuster movie playing that someone will play this game again.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Favorite Racing game[s]? 2012-12-20 08:02:34 Reply

At 12/14/12 08:54 AM, Seamonky wrote:
Blur for the Xbox 360 is the best racing game I've ever played in my life. It's a mixture of Mario Kart and real life cars. If you guys ever wanna play a good racing game, that's one to pick up.

You really liked Blur that much? I play it at my friends house, and whenever we have four people playing it can be very fun. I just like games that have a little bit more skill involved. Would be nice for a second game to come out though.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature