New Topic Respond to this Topic
Lost-Chances
Lost-Chances
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to The Rich are Rich for a reason 2012-12-02 20:45:49 Reply

At 12/2/12 02:45 PM, Revo357912 wrote: After all, according to this article, what determines a person being rich is their thinking, and that is largely affected by personality, which in turn is heavily affected by genetics. I'm not saying that genetics purely determines the personality, but it does indeed play a huge role.

How do I nature-nurture debate?

This too will pass.
Memento mori

BBS Signature
dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Rich are Rich for a reason 2012-12-02 21:35:53 Reply

75% of that article are true. Although some of the ideas are quite bullshit tho. It's not just for "rich people" only, it's a list of life advices for anyone who wants to get a stable and good life.

I bookmarked this, then share it with my friends. Thanks for posting :)

What comes around goes around...

BBS Signature
Struggle
Struggle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Rich are Rich for a reason 2012-12-02 22:06:54 Reply

lol nope

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to The Rich are Rich for a reason 2012-12-02 22:45:24 Reply

A lot of people become rich for a whole bunch of reasons, mostly through hard work, effort and/or a lot of luck. While I understand why people would be upset with children being super-spoiled by rich parents and get an inheritance after their parents die, the reality is that is how they have done business for so long, that it was simply to be expected thing to happen, whether the kids learned about the ins and outs of being rich and powerful or not.

If they do know the responsibilities of being rich and influential, then it really isn't that bad, but the problem is when they don't. There is no way that getting rich can be considered a bad thing, it's what you do with that money and influence that affect other people's perspective and overall mindset towards you.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
FattyWhale
FattyWhale
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Melancholy
Response to The Rich are Rich for a reason 2012-12-03 09:00:02 Reply

At 12/2/12 02:45 PM, Revo357912 wrote: (I originally put this in the politics section but the realized this doesn't really have much to do with Politics)

Unfortunately, to democrats wealth has everything to do with politics. Point out that Mitt Romney was wealthy was half their campaign against him. Sad thing is it worked lol.

[1] [2] [3] [4] [5]
:3

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Rich are Rich for a reason 2012-12-03 09:18:25 Reply

I think it mostly comes down to luck, some people work their asses off and never get rich. Then, some people don't really care to be and I know for a fact after I got so much money I would start giving hefty sums away to people in need.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
mothballs
mothballs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to The Rich are Rich for a reason 2012-12-03 11:09:08 Reply

A lot of people can get rich because of inheritance of relatives and being born with greater opportunities, whether than be in higher education or jobs (also by relatives). In other words, yes, you can be born rich. Fuck off Republicans