Be a Supporter!

(read at own risk) Q to stoners...

  • 946 Views
  • 43 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Urban-Champion
Urban-Champion
  • Member since: Feb. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Gamer
(read at own risk) Q to stoners... Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 03:56 PM Reply

that are daring, gangsta, andedgy enough to smoke weed erryday...

</sarcasm> </lame humor>

TL;DR: Would you convince a friend who's never done it before (for the sake of the question assume they're curious) to try it? Or would you tell them that it's probably a choice in life that would be wise to pass up on?

For starters, if anything, i feel pot is somewhat misconcepted on both ends of the spectrum. Some non-users assume irrationally it's a drug from hell. Some users think they're invincible because they don't see the negative effects immediately. There never seems to be a happy medium in my mind, especially since solid evidence currently doesn't exist, thus all of this debate is based mostly around speculation... But what does this have to relate to the topic?

Well, I would tell someone to do their research into the topic with a clear, unbiased approach and see if they really do want to possibly accept the following consequences of this habit. As a stoner... I feel it's not all it's cooked up to be, to be honest. Different people are able to manage their habit in different ways, either good or bad.

But are the permanent, long term effects that you'll have to live with for the rest of your lives really worth a few hours of relaxation? I won't answer this question, simply because it's answer is more opinion based than anything.

Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to (read at own risk) Q to stoners... Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 03:59 PM Reply

At 12/1/12 03:56 PM, Urban-Champion wrote: But are the permanent, long term effects that you'll have to live with for the rest of your lives really worth a few hours of relaxation? I won't answer this question, simply because it's answer is more opinion based than anything.

Nice try, there are none.

A friend I would so they'd do it with me.
My children I'd tell them the facts and say I'd prefer they didn't but it's their choice to make.


The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to (read at own risk) Q to stoners... Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 04:03 PM Reply

At 12/1/12 03:59 PM, Sensationalism wrote: Nice try, there are none.

Remember, you are smoking something. Smoking does have very long term effects no matter what you smoke.

Urban-Champion
Urban-Champion
  • Member since: Feb. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Gamer
Response to (read at own risk) Q to stoners... Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 04:04 PM Reply

At 12/1/12 03:59 PM, Sensationalism wrote:
At 12/1/12 03:56 PM, Urban-Champion wrote: But are the permanent, long term effects that you'll have to live with for the rest of your lives really worth a few hours of relaxation? I won't answer this question, simply because it's answer is more opinion based than anything.
Nice try, there are none.

Oh yeah, I know tons of post stoners who aren't huge burnouts to this day.

Swag-in-a-Bag
Swag-in-a-Bag
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Writer
Response to (read at own risk) Q to stoners... Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 04:08 PM Reply

I use to smoke heella lot of wiid, and all I can say is you will live, but I couldn't imagine having to have gone through my entire life without getting high at least once. I believe it made me a better person some ways

Magic trees are for me


Believe what thou Wilt

BBS Signature
Otto
Otto
  • Member since: Mar. 31, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Animator
Response to (read at own risk) Q to stoners... Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 04:20 PM Reply

At 12/1/12 03:59 PM, Sensationalism wrote:
At 12/1/12 03:56 PM, Urban-Champion wrote: But are the permanent, long term effects that you'll have to live with for the rest of your lives really worth a few hours of relaxation? I won't answer this question, simply because it's answer is more opinion based than anything.
Nice try, there are none.

A friend I would so they'd do it with me.
My children I'd tell them the facts and say I'd prefer they didn't but it's their choice to make.

Well learn the facts first. I love getting high in the right time and place; it's very imbued in the culture I'm surrounded by, but it has definitely left me with very permanent anxiety issues. Of course, this was after heavy use, but you should never reccomend it to someone who's predisposition you do not already know.

I would tell people to think about it themselves; give them fair warning it affects people differently. A very small amount of people react badly the first time, more can get certain issues after a long time (like me) and plenty of people can smoke it every day all day without a worry in the world. Now it's up to people to think about what risks, even if very slight, they are willing to take.


This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to (read at own risk) Q to stoners... Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 04:41 PM Reply

Not exactly a stoner here, but I'd like to answer your question anyway.

Smoking pot just isn't that big of a deal if you ask me, so I wouldn't tell my friend that he absolutely has to check this shit out because well... he's not missing much. On the other hand, if he really wants to try it I'm not going to stop him. He's responsible for himself after all, and it's kinda hard to get addicted to it anyway so I wouldn't be worried.

At 12/1/12 03:59 PM, Sensationalism wrote:
At 12/1/12 03:56 PM, Urban-Champion wrote: But are the permanent, long term effects that you'll have to live with for the rest of your lives really worth a few hours of relaxation? I won't answer this question, simply because it's answer is more opinion based than anything.
Nice try, there are none.

Well I'm pretty sure it does affect your short-term memory in the very least. However, you also get that from drinking lots of alcohol so heh... Other than that I haven't heard of any other bad long term effects and I know smoking weed isn't all that addicting either.

My children I'd tell them the facts and say I'd prefer they didn't but it's their choice to make.

Yeah, I think I'd apply the same approach. I'd definitely not urge them to try, but forbidding them is usually counter-productive.


[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 12 July 2014)

BBS Signature
HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to (read at own risk) Q to stoners... Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 04:50 PM Reply

It's a light drug to help relax the user. That's it. Then the misconceptions and abusive uses come rolling in.


This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature
Zachary
Zachary
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to (read at own risk) Q to stoners... Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 04:58 PM Reply

At 12/1/12 04:03 PM, BumFodder wrote:
At 12/1/12 03:59 PM, Sensationalism wrote: Nice try, there are none.
Remember, you are smoking something. Smoking does have very long term effects no matter what you smoke.

You can use a vaporizer.


.

Slint
Slint
  • Member since: Nov. 6, 2007
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Audiophile
Response to (read at own risk) Q to stoners... Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 05:52 PM Reply

At 12/1/12 04:03 PM, BumFodder wrote:
At 12/1/12 03:59 PM, Sensationalism wrote: Nice try, there are none.
Remember, you are smoking something. Smoking does have very long term effects no matter what you smoke.

Wrong.


Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
crunked1
crunked1
  • Member since: Dec. 13, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to (read at own risk) Q to stoners... Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 06:47 PM Reply

fuck it man, you only live once. drink electric koolaid while your at it.

BizzarroPMP
BizzarroPMP
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to (read at own risk) Q to stoners... Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 07:55 PM Reply

At 12/1/12 05:52 PM, Slint wrote:
At 12/1/12 04:03 PM, BumFodder wrote:
At 12/1/12 03:59 PM, Sensationalism wrote: Nice try, there are none.
Remember, you are smoking something. Smoking does have very long term effects no matter what you smoke.
Wrong.

Cite sources. Breathing smoke is breathing carcinogens. Give me a credible source that says smoke is safe.


Zeppelyn: Since when does the bladder control the "poo poo"?
convict357: Um, you mean you f*ck chickens, turkeys are male chickens.

BBS Signature
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to (read at own risk) Q to stoners... Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 08:24 PM Reply

At 12/1/12 04:03 PM, BumFodder wrote:
At 12/1/12 03:59 PM, Sensationalism wrote: Nice try, there are none.
Remember, you are smoking something. Smoking does have very long term effects no matter what you smoke.

I didn't just assume it was being smoked.

My main reason for not wanting my children to do it is it can make you lazy and not give a fuck about doing stuff. But it does affect everyone differently.

There are short term effects that go away a bit after using. I've never heard of there being any long-term effects. Even with it being smoked, cigarette smokers with problems get much better after they quit.


The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
notYert
notYert
  • Member since: May. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Melancholy
Response to (read at own risk) Q to stoners... Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 08:33 PM Reply

At 12/1/12 03:59 PM, Sensationalism wrote:
At 12/1/12 03:56 PM, Urban-Champion wrote: But are the permanent, long term effects that you'll have to live with for the rest of your lives really worth a few hours of relaxation? I won't answer this question, simply because it's answer is more opinion based than anything.
Nice try, there are none.

yes there is

maybe not physically but you pretty much just can't use a psychoactive substance often and have no long-term psychological effects at all


BBS Signature
Urban-Champion
Urban-Champion
  • Member since: Feb. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Gamer
Response to (read at own risk) Q to stoners... Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 09:27 PM Reply

At 12/1/12 08:33 PM, notYert wrote:
At 12/1/12 03:59 PM, Sensationalism wrote:
At 12/1/12 03:56 PM, Urban-Champion wrote: But are the permanent, long term effects that you'll have to live with for the rest of your lives really worth a few hours of relaxation? I won't answer this question, simply because it's answer is more opinion based than anything.
Nice try, there are none.
yes there is

maybe not physically but you pretty much just can't use a psychoactive substance often and have no long-term psychological effects at all

yep. Tobacco is not a psychoactive substance, therefore does not replicate the same long term mental effects

Light
Light
  • Member since: May. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Reader
Response to (read at own risk) Q to stoners... Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 10:02 PM Reply

At 12/1/12 03:56 PM, Urban-Champion wrote: that are daring, gangsta, andedgy enough to smoke weed erryday...
</sarcasm> </lame humor>
TL;DR: Would you convince a friend who's never done it before (for the sake of the question assume they're curious) to try it?

I'd offer, but I would respect his/her choice not to get high.

Also, I just got high for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I'll probably make a habit out of it since I like it a lot.

Or would you tell them that it's probably a choice in life that would be wise to pass up on?

I wouldn't. There's nothing wrong with using the drug if it's occasional.

For starters, if anything, i feel pot is somewhat misconcepted on both ends of the spectrum. Some non-users assume irrationally it's a drug from hell. Some users think they're invincible because they don't see the negative effects immediately. There never seems to be a happy medium in my mind, especially since solid evidence currently doesn't exist, thus all of this debate is based mostly around speculation... But what does this have to relate to the topic?

OK.

Well, I would tell someone to do their research into the topic with a clear, unbiased approach and see if they really do want to possibly accept the following consequences of this habit. As a stoner... I feel it's not all it's cooked up to be, to be honest. Different people are able to manage their habit in different ways, either good or bad.

OK.

But are the permanent, long term effects that you'll have to live with for the rest of your lives really worth a few hours of relaxation?

There isn't much evidence that there are long term negative effects if the drug is first used in adulthood and used occasionally. But it shouldn't be used in early adolescence or on a very frequent basis.

I won't answer this question, simply because it's answer is more opinion based than anything.

OK.

At 12/1/12 04:03 PM, BumFodder wrote:
At 12/1/12 03:59 PM, Sensationalism wrote: Nice try, there are none.
Remember, you are smoking something. Smoking does have very long term effects no matter what you smoke.

Perhaps, but marijuana smoke hasn't been found to be anywhere near as dangerous as tobacco smoke, and has never been shown to induce lung cancer. Actually, some studies have found that it can mitigate certain kinds of lung cancer, tumors, etc.


I was formerly known as "Jedi-Master."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
Urban-Champion
Urban-Champion
  • Member since: Feb. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Gamer
Response to (read at own risk) Q to stoners... Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 10:09 PM Reply

At 12/1/12 10:02 PM, Light wrote:
At 12/1/12 03:56 PM, Urban-Champion wrote: that are daring, gangsta, andedgy enough to smoke weed erryday...
</sarcasm> </lame humor>
TL;DR: Would you convince a friend who's never done it before (for the sake of the question assume they're curious) to try it?
I'd offer, but I would respect his/her choice not to get high.

Also, I just got high for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I'll probably make a habit out of it since I like it a lot.
Or would you tell them that it's probably a choice in life that would be wise to pass up on?
I wouldn't. There's nothing wrong with using the drug if it's occasional.

Completely 100% agree.

But are the permanent, long term effects that you'll have to live with for the rest of your lives really worth a few hours of relaxation?
There isn't much evidence that there are long term negative effects if the drug is first used in adulthood and used occasionally. But it shouldn't be used in early adolescence or on a very frequent basis.

basically the latter of your argument was my definition of "long-term permanent effects", mostly because i am still relatively younger and didn't consider adult usage when i wrote my initial topic. I did a poor job of clarifying my argument enough to specify that use in adulthood is implied to be considerably less afflicting than use in adolescence.

At 12/1/12 04:03 PM, BumFodder wrote:
At 12/1/12 03:59 PM, Sensationalism wrote: Nice try, there are none.
Remember, you are smoking something. Smoking does have very long term effects no matter what you smoke.
Perhaps, but marijuana smoke hasn't been found to be anywhere near as dangerous as tobacco smoke, and has never been shown to induce lung cancer. Actually, some studies have found that it can mitigate certain kinds of lung cancer, tumors, etc.

^
this. I don't get how people can nonchalantly say it causes lung cancer when it is also used to relieve cancer patients of their pain.

SneakyGameBoy
SneakyGameBoy
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Gamer
Response to (read at own risk) Q to stoners... Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 10:11 PM Reply

At 12/1/12 03:56 PM, Urban-Champion wrote: TL;DR: Would you convince a friend who's never done it before (for the sake of the question assume they're curious) to try it? Or would you tell them that it's probably a choice in life that would be wise to pass up on?

I'll just tell them they aren't missing anything and just move on. I have friends who smoke weed all the time and they are really lazy. I don't want my other friends to be lazy ass fuckers like them.


XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to (read at own risk) Q to stoners... Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 11:18 PM Reply

At 12/1/12 04:03 PM, BumFodder wrote:
Remember, you are smoking something. Smoking does have very long term effects no matter what you smoke.

That is why it is important to invest in a vaporizer. It just gets the THC and leaves out all of the smoke and tar.


For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Urban-Champion
Urban-Champion
  • Member since: Feb. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Gamer
Response to (read at own risk) Q to stoners... Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 11:23 PM Reply

At 12/1/12 11:18 PM, Cootie wrote:
At 12/1/12 04:03 PM, BumFodder wrote:
Remember, you are smoking something. Smoking does have very long term effects no matter what you smoke.
That is why it is important to invest in a vaporizer. It just gets the THC and leaves out all of the smoke and tar.

The only issue with vapes is the price. They aren't cheap if you want one that actually takes decent hoots.

notYert
notYert
  • Member since: May. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Melancholy
Response to (read at own risk) Q to stoners... Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 11:33 PM Reply

At 12/1/12 09:27 PM, Urban-Champion wrote: Tobacco is not a psychoactive substance

hold up mate yes it is


BBS Signature
Skaren
Skaren
  • Member since: May. 25, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Artist
Response to (read at own risk) Q to stoners... Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 11:34 PM Reply

I'm forcing my kids to snort cocaine each day before going to preschool.

DarkMatter
DarkMatter
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Animator
Response to (read at own risk) Q to stoners... Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 11:35 PM Reply

I'm gonna smoke a bowl right now.

That is all.


WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THAT DUDE WITH THE RED HAT BROWN TRENCH COAT AND SHOTGUN?!?! I miss the old ASSASSIN days. Click Me

BBS Signature
Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to (read at own risk) Q to stoners... Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 11:36 PM Reply

Stoners should be cut down where they stand.

notYert
notYert
  • Member since: May. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Melancholy
Response to (read at own risk) Q to stoners... Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 11:37 PM Reply

At 12/1/12 11:35 PM, DarkMatter wrote: I'm gonna smoke a bowl right now.

That is all.

whoa shit man you must be so cool


BBS Signature
Urban-Champion
Urban-Champion
  • Member since: Feb. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Gamer
Response to (read at own risk) Q to stoners... Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 11:39 PM Reply

At 12/1/12 11:33 PM, notYert wrote:
At 12/1/12 09:27 PM, Urban-Champion wrote: Tobacco is not a psychoactive substance
hold up mate yes it is

I'll take your word for it. The effects are still different between both substances though

Urban-Champion
Urban-Champion
  • Member since: Feb. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Gamer
Response to (read at own risk) Q to stoners... Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 11:40 PM Reply

At 12/1/12 11:34 PM, Skaren wrote: I'm forcing my kids to snort cocaine each day before going to preschool.

I shouldn't laugh but for some reason i did. I don't know what it is about these cliche jokes

notYert
notYert
  • Member since: May. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Melancholy
Response to (read at own risk) Q to stoners... Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 11:41 PM Reply

At 12/1/12 11:39 PM, Urban-Champion wrote:
At 12/1/12 11:33 PM, notYert wrote:
At 12/1/12 09:27 PM, Urban-Champion wrote: Tobacco is not a psychoactive substance
hold up mate yes it is
I'll take your word for it. The effects are still different between both substances though

well yea tobacco and marijuana have like nothing in common, wasn't trying to argue that they did. just saying that tobacco is indeed psychoactive


BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to (read at own risk) Q to stoners... Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 11:46 PM Reply

I stopped at "erryday".

I mean, sure there are plenty of annoying teens who will glamorize smoking weed as though it's some kind of accomplishment. Most of them will get over that stupid shit. But smoking some bud is still a nice bit of recreation. And if you vaporize instead of smoking, it's almost harmless. Well, it's certainly a lot less harmfull, taken in any from, than alcohol.


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
Urban-Champion
Urban-Champion
  • Member since: Feb. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Gamer
Response to (read at own risk) Q to stoners... Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 11:46 PM Reply

At 12/1/12 11:41 PM, notYert wrote:
At 12/1/12 11:39 PM, Urban-Champion wrote:
At 12/1/12 11:33 PM, notYert wrote:
At 12/1/12 09:27 PM, Urban-Champion wrote: Tobacco is not a psychoactive substance
hold up mate yes it is
I'll take your word for it. The effects are still different between both substances though
well yea tobacco and marijuana have like nothing in common, wasn't trying to argue that they did. just saying that tobacco is indeed psychoactive

Yeah i figured so. I just thought "I'll take your word for it" wasn't really a worthy post