00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Turn off your Ad Blockers

5,176 Views | 99 Replies

Response to Turn off your Ad Blockers 2012-11-30 01:35:14

At 11/30/12 01:25 AM, Xenomit wrote:
At 11/30/12 01:23 AM, RENstyles wrote:
At 11/30/12 01:18 AM, Xenomit wrote:
At 11/30/12 01:17 AM, KillerSkull wrote: I think this thread has gotten a bit out of hand.
PIRACY
Speaking of copyrights did you get permission to use that playboy bunny head/pikachu? hurrhurr
It's not copyrighted dip shit. Ads aren't a purchasable good you dip shit. Music is a purchasable amenity

It's not up to you weather or not you have to pay for music

Dude lighten up i was giving you shit about the pika boy head since your be oh so fun to talk to.
Newgrounds and other sites are a goods, services. That use ads to help revenue to continue bringing you the content you love. I never said it was up to me if we pay for music but when a musician says "Steal, download and spread my music" then whats the harm? Particularly when that musician is the one who owns his own music label and IS THE PRODUCER. murrrrrrrrrhahah

BBS Signature

Response to Turn off your Ad Blockers 2012-11-30 01:55:37

At 11/30/12 01:44 AM, Xenomit wrote:
At 11/30/12 01:35 AM, RENstyles wrote: Newgrounds and other sites are a goods, services. That use ads to help revenue to continue bringing you the content you love.
That's the thing, I don't love newgrounds, it's a casual passtime

I never said it was up to me if we pay for music but when a musician says "Steal, download and spread my music" then whats the harm? Particularly when that musician is the one who owns his own music label and IS THE PRODUCER.
That's the exact same story I hear every piracyfag tell, yet I have never once seen a producer of music give away his music for free.

Quit being a wad.

Skrillex said and always has said : "happy holidays just like I promised.... just like i always say, go pirate it if you don't have money..i just want you to have it... or you can buy it here..either way I'll love you"

Now thats what i call love, we can all share and make it work, if you have the money which in some cases i do i buy it, other times i download sometimes straight from the man who made it, (he makes it available)

Also i support him as well, iv'e gone to three of his shows within a year, 11/11/11 , new years 2011-2012, and Spring Awakening 2012.

Proof

BBS Signature

Response to Turn off your Ad Blockers 2012-11-30 02:49:31

I use AdBlock with no exceptions AND I pirate music, games, movies, and software. Come at me, bro(s).

At 11/30/12 01:44 AM, Xenomit wrote: That's the exact same story I hear every piracyfag tell, yet I have never once seen a producer of music give away his music for free.

Now you have.

It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature

Response to Turn off your Ad Blockers 2012-11-30 09:26:24

Yes, Newgrounds is basically a portal / content aggregator.
Like many sites, they make their money by building a system to give people exposure, just like Youtube. While some artists actually do make a living / good money off NG's system, most basically work for free / fun.

Newgrounds is a lot less of a sell-out site than most though and run by cool people. Again if you want to encourage this kind of behavior, donating money is way better than viewing ads all day long.

I don't donate money to people who don't need it. Epic Meal Time doesn't need my support, neither does Youtube or Google. Newgrounds is in some amount of trouble, if you want to keep the community / spirit of it alive, you can donate.
If you spot an author / content creator that you like on a big site like 9gag, Cracked or Huffpost, then follow the content back to the source and visit the author's page. Those people are generally not making a lot of money and actually do need your support.

Also, wikipedia. Wikipedia rules.

At 11/29/12 08:57 PM, Xenomit wrote:
At 11/29/12 08:05 PM, poxpower wrote: btw DVDs suck ass, don't buy them.
They work perfectly fine. You must be one of those hipsters that will hate anything older than a year old.

DVDs are useless now, everything is digital.
Who's the hipster now, gramps?

BBS Signature

Response to Turn off your Ad Blockers 2012-11-30 09:51:35

At 11/29/12 09:00 PM, Xenomit wrote:
being a jackoff

When you disable adblock, you are in effect stealing revenue from youtube and whoever you are watching.
The only difference between this and piracy is that piracy is illegal due to existing laws. It's entirely arbitrary as you are doing the same thing, except one is legal and one isn't, based solely on the power of traditional media and how much money they had to put towards lobbying.

This is the digital age, if I can watch content for free, then it's fucking free. You can't cry that I'm "stealing" from Disney but I'm not "stealing" from youtube when I take extra steps to deprive them of revenue, on the simple basis that one has laws written that explicity prohibit it.

Well I guess you can make that argument if your moral compass is entirely decided by the law in whatever area you happen to live in. Way to go, tool.

If piracy is rampant and it completely destroys Hollywood, why should anyone give a fuck? You don't give a fuck if your enjoying of free web content eventually bankrupts websites, why should I care if Dreamworks goes out of business because no one wants to pay 20$ to own their movies?
There will always be people willing to provide content for free. Always.

The big lie of piracy is that their contribution to society is irreplaceable and they have "earned" their millions. No, you have earned nothing in the internet age.

Not to mention that site aggregators like Fark, Huffpost, 9gag etc. all use a ton of copyrighted material and basically have a business model centered around stealing shit from around the net and presenting it on their site as lists or "interesting things you should check out".

But you don't give a fuck about that. Why should you inconvenience yourself?

You think it's perfectly alright for people to be legally forced pay 20$ for something they can get for free, but you're not going to watch a 10 second ad before a youtube video, even if Youtube's business model is centered around you watching it?

Bitch please.
You want to enjoy the content without giving anything back? Sounds like piracy to me, the only difference is that it's not officially illegal.

Way to go champ.

BBS Signature

Response to Turn off your Ad Blockers 2012-11-30 10:21:36

The bottom line here is that no one should feel obligated to give money to any content creator.
I say this and making games / artwork / stupid articles on a website is my actual job.

My money comes from ads and people buying useless shit they don't actually need. I'm fine with that. I understand that no one has to be entertained by me and no one owes ME dick because I choose to make games.

When I make a flash game, I fully understand that anyone can steal it. I wouldn't dream of doing something as greedy and retarded and lobbying the government so they hunt down every kid who blocks ads from my games and puts them in jail. That's basically what the MPAA did. Way to go, shitcunts. How will you ever live if little Jimmy downloads your latest turd instead of buying something useless for an inflated pricetag that will contribute fractions of pennies to a millionaire artist?

I appreciate everyone being fans of what I do and playing my games / reading my website / buying my art. Thanks for your support, it's a privilege to have so many people care about what you do, it's not my RIGHT to force them to pay for my genius.

BBS Signature

Response to Turn off your Ad Blockers 2012-12-02 21:55:00

I may consider it. I don't mind the banner ads but the ones on the games that blair sounds at me can go to hell. If they made an adblocker or setting that just blocked the ones with sounds then I would do that.

Response to Turn off your Ad Blockers 2012-12-05 21:32:35

At 12/2/12 10:11 PM, dem0lecule wrote:
At 11/30/12 01:21 AM, RENstyles wrote:
Just because i mentioned pirate bay does not mean i support it.

But you are telling me you get sick from piracy, yet you use ad block? And want the internet to be totally free? The fuck who is the hippopotamus now?
So you support piracy, but against ad blocks? You are truly one fucking retarded European.

clearly someone does not know how to read. good day to you sir.

Lol Europe?

BBS Signature

Response to Turn off your Ad Blockers 2012-12-05 21:35:09

lol is this thread still chugging along?

Response to Turn off your Ad Blockers 2012-12-05 21:37:05

At 12/2/12 10:22 PM, dem0lecule wrote:

Don't moral-preach me. Once people offer something out for free, it's free. Do I have to explain to you the definition of 'free', retarded-styles? People offer shit like Ads Block, GreaseMonkey for free, I take it and I even donate money for its creator. But forcing me to pay for something? Fuck off. I don't have the pretentious morality like you retared Denmark European pretender do.

And yes, Cpt. Fucking Obvious, I do know this site runs on paid system. But if Tom and Wade ever want to charge money, they should have done this in 1995 already. Instead, they offer this site for free.

Do me a favor, fuck off and crawl back to your dunghole in Denmark.

What the fuck are your reading? I do not want any one to be forced to pay for anything, that is why i support leaving ADS ON. I think you need to read more carefully next time.

BBS Signature