RENstyles
RENstyles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Melancholy
Turn off your Ad Blockers 2012-11-29 17:45:59 Reply

Hey guys, ladies, robots and sirs.

I have an issue i would like to share with you. For anyone who enjoys Newgrounds, youtube, etc. Turn off your Ad Blockers if you have them.

Reasons:

1: You get to use your beloved websites (homes if you will) for free, in most cases.

Why?

Because of those things you feel are oh so annoying, "Ads"

Ads provide a means of support for the webmasters i.e Tom Fulp.
He would love to bring this collaboration of creativity and arts we share together but it costs money.
Have you noticed the option to buy a membership here on Newgrounds? Well eventually that might become the only option to enjoy the websites you love.

Apple has made apps that cost money in some cases, for games that you can play for free on the internet. Flash games cannot be played on apple mobile devices, so you usually have to pay for the games. BUT some apps have adds and provide free entertainment.

2. If we all turn the ads blockers off we will reverse the inevitable demise of free websites.
If we all eventually have ad blockers, the webmasters will realize one by one that it is not enough to run a website. They will have ask for donations and eventually limit use of the site to paying member only.

Gold membership is free here on newgrounds, Maybe not in the future.

3.Tom Fulp and his crew have made it possible to receive revenue through games, animations, user page ads even! The first time i noticed that i loved it, i learned how to implement the ads and even medals. (aside from my personal life preventing me from continuing my hobby is another story)

The point is, he is one of the first ones to offer fucking money to his users, we are Newgrounds, everything by everyone! Even shared revenue, and an awesome project system to collaborate! This crew has gone above and beyond doing what they enjoy and keeping in mind what we want, and what is best for us.

So turn your fucking ad blockers off kindly and enjoy the work of art Tom and his lovely crew, and most of all any one who has ever created something, discussed something, even just used the site as a means for games, or flash toons.

By generating revenue for Newgrounds through ads you are a part of the team for Newgrounds. Keep this ship alive guys, this isn't so much as a plea as much as it is information that should be talked about. This can affect the way we use the internet in the future.

Anyone anywhere can create and live off of what they enjoy doing, and some make it possible to give you a share of that pie. Not only are you throwing the pie in the trash, but you are throwing the one who provided the pie slice in the as well, along with the slices for everyone else.

Thank you for your time, discuss and think about the ramifications of ad blockers. :3

Love Ren

BBS Signature
Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to Turn off your Ad Blockers 2012-11-29 17:52:48 Reply

I already had it turned off to Newgrounds and now I am a Supporter, which has removed most of the ads from here anyway.

I will never ever take my adblock off of YouTube or 4oD, ever and you can't make it.

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
PIED3
PIED3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Turn off your Ad Blockers 2012-11-29 17:54:13 Reply

At 11/29/12 05:45 PM, RENstyles wrote: the inevitable demise of free websites.

You're silly. It's a false dichotomy to say "it's either ads or paying to enter the site". There are lots of other ways to make money. Nobody expects to pay to visit a website and nobody wants to so supply and demand will ensure there are still lots of free websites despite ad block.

BBS Signature
RENstyles
RENstyles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Melancholy
Response to Turn off your Ad Blockers 2012-11-29 17:55:13 Reply

At 11/29/12 05:52 PM, Otto wrote: I already had it turned off to Newgrounds and now I am a Supporter, which has removed most of the ads from here anyway.

I will never ever take my adblock off of YouTube or 4oD, ever and you can't make it.

Much appreciation for your support here on Newgrounds sir! Your life is your own, i just fear that the more revenue taken away from youtube may require membership for your favorite channels one day.

BBS Signature
Baby-Bottle-Bob
Baby-Bottle-Bob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Turn off your Ad Blockers 2012-11-29 17:55:21 Reply

No. I like ads.

BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Turn off your Ad Blockers 2012-11-29 17:55:50 Reply

Websites are not free. I'm giving my ad revenue to them. We've all heard this before, you don't need to preach to us. People on here know how ad revenue works and the down fall that may follow if we refuse to support websites. But it's there choice. On the Internet freedom should always come first, even if it caused a website to go bankrupt.

Your post is long and unnecessary.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Turn off your Ad Blockers 2012-11-29 17:57:37 Reply

Surely being a supporter is more than enough for Tom Fulp. He can tempt me to buy supporter on my alts, though. However, I refuse to turn off AdBlocker on YouTube. Those fuckers deserve leeching and I don't have the slightest guilt for it.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Turn off your Ad Blockers 2012-11-29 17:58:49 Reply

At 11/29/12 05:52 PM, Otto wrote: I already had it turned off to Newgrounds and now I am a Supporter, which has removed most of the ads from here anyway.

Does adblock turn off those fucking timed commercials at the start of videos because since I've turned off Adblock I've noticed a lot more.

Also, turn off Adblock on Youtube please. You're supporting the content creators. If you like their stuff then you're helping them bring more of that stuff to you. It would be different without the partner program. Youtube has enough money but small time Youtubers don't.

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Turn off your Ad Blockers 2012-11-29 18:00:16 Reply

At 11/29/12 05:45 PM, RENstyles wrote: 1: You get to use your beloved websites (homes if you will) for free, in most cases.

Yeah, it's the internet

2. If we all turn the ads blockers off we will reverse the inevitable demise of free websites.
If we all eventually have ad blockers, the webmasters will realize one by one that it is not enough to run a website. They will have ask for donations and eventually limit use of the site to paying member only.

Both youtube and newgrounds have other ways to make money, and they're only loosing a few cents a day week from me

And I'm especially not turning it off for youtube. 30 seconds of ads before every fucking video? It'd be different if it was like, once every 10-20 videos, but no, I don't want to do that and I wont.

3.Tom Fulp and his crew have made it possible to receive revenue through games, animations, user page ads even! The first time i noticed that i loved it, i learned how to implement the ads and even medals. (aside from my personal life preventing me from continuing my hobby is another story)

Yeah, ads still show up on flash games, only while they load though

So turn your fucking ad blockers

No thank you

Love Ren

Quit being butthurt

TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
RENstyles
RENstyles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Melancholy
Response to Turn off your Ad Blockers 2012-11-29 18:00:49 Reply

At 11/29/12 05:54 PM, PIED3 wrote:
At 11/29/12 05:45 PM, RENstyles wrote: the inevitable demise of free websites.
You're silly. It's a false dichotomy to say "it's either ads or paying to enter the site". There are lots of other ways to make money. Nobody expects to pay to visit a website and nobody wants to so supply and demand will ensure there are still lots of free websites despite ad block.

How to you expect these websites to stay running? I do not think people want to pay to visit sites either that is the problem, but with no ads some sites cannot run. Do you think the NG store alone is enough to keep up this amazing expansion they have going? Sites that are stores will be fine of course, along with governmental and corporation info sites, but you tube, newgrounds, facebook and many more will not generate enough revenue to stay afloat. Google, owns youtube but if its is just a useless money sucking limb they will rid of it or find more annoying ways to generate revenue.

Internet is simple with ads. Affiliations make it go round mmkay.

Apple products already have digital magazines that cost money, when you could of just gone online to see it free thanks to adds.

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Turn off your Ad Blockers 2012-11-29 18:02:04 Reply

At 11/29/12 05:58 PM, TheColourAwsome wrote: Does adblock turn off those fucking timed commercials at the start of videos because since I've turned off Adblock I've noticed a lot more.

Ive never gotten one since I started using adblock.

Also adverts are rarely done by pay per view anymore OP and is done by estimate so your argument is completely invalid and has absolutely no basis whatsoever.

TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Turn off your Ad Blockers 2012-11-29 18:03:46 Reply

I'd also like to add that I find the "You owe this website" to be a little false. I don't owe this Website anything. I enjoy this website and will shortly be becoming a supporter because of that. If something on the store pops up that I want I will buy it. But I give this website value by being here along with everybody else and even if I didn't post or contribute at all I still do not owe this place a thing. Sorry, But I turn off Adblock because I like NG, not because I should.

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Turn off your Ad Blockers 2012-11-29 18:03:47 Reply

At 11/29/12 05:55 PM, RENstyles wrote: i just fear that the more revenue taken away from youtube may require membership for your favorite channels one day.

1. They don't do what the people who use it wants. Everyone tells them to stop changing the layout all the time, and yet they redesign the site all the time. I'm not paying if I'm not satisfied.

2. I already am a member of youtube, signing up isn't that hard.

3. They're owned by google, which has more money than any other independent website on the internet, they don't need me to ignore adds all the time.

TAB

BBS Signature
RENstyles
RENstyles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Melancholy
Response to Turn off your Ad Blockers 2012-11-29 18:06:02 Reply

First off everyone im not preaching, this is common sense, i am also no asking you to pay for memberships, im explaing how to avoid this happening everywhere, If you dont want ads support NG, if you use ad blocker you are a leach and are disrespecting the creators of this site and the users who create content.

At 11/29/12 06:00 PM, Xenomit wrote:
At 11/29/12 05:45 PM, RENstyles wrote: 1: You get to use your beloved websites (homes if you will) for free, in most cases.
Yeah, it's the internet

Both youtube and newgrounds have other ways to make money, and they're only loosing a few cents a day week from me

And I'm especially not turning it off for youtube. 30 seconds of ads before every fucking video? It'd be different if it was like, once every 10-20 videos, but no, I don't want to do that and I wont.

Yeah, ads still show up on flash games, only while they load though

So turn your fucking ad blockers
No thank you

Love Ren
Quit being butthurt

How about you stop being butt hurt you cant wait 30 fucking second for and ad that you can actually click out of within 5 in most cases, TO SUPPORT an individual who worked hard on their video?

BBS Signature
KillerSkull
KillerSkull
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 40
Gamer
Response to Turn off your Ad Blockers 2012-11-29 18:07:19 Reply

YouTube is owned by google, so I see no reason why they would need my money. Most other sites like hulu and Netflix bypass my adblock anyway, and I have it turned off for Nerwgrounds with the exception of flash ads.

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Turn off your Ad Blockers 2012-11-29 18:08:35 Reply

At 11/29/12 06:06 PM, RENstyles wrote: First off everyone im not preaching, this is common sense, i am also no asking you to pay for memberships, im explaing how to avoid this happening everywhere, If you dont want ads support NG, if you use ad blocker you are a leach and are disrespecting the creators of this site and the users who create content.

I don't care if I'm disrespecting anyone or anything, I don't have ugly advertisements, that slow down page loading time, and devaluise the layout of the site

TAB

BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Turn off your Ad Blockers 2012-11-29 18:13:11 Reply

At 11/29/12 06:06 PM, RENstyles wrote: First off everyone im not preaching, this is common sense,

Hence why you're preaching.

if you use ad blocker you are a leach and are disrespecting the creators of this site and the users who create content.

lol, Read my post.

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Turn off your Ad Blockers 2012-11-29 18:14:48 Reply

At 11/29/12 05:57 PM, Bahamut wrote:

:Those fuckers deserve leeching and I don't have the slightest guilt for it.

The ads benefit uploaders/creators...

II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Turn off your Ad Blockers 2012-11-29 18:15:05 Reply

Yeah, that's not going to happen.

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Turn off your Ad Blockers 2012-11-29 18:18:20 Reply

At 11/29/12 06:14 PM, LemonCrush wrote: The ads benefit uploaders/creators...

I don't want to give idiots like ray william or pewdiepie a single fucking penny

TAB

BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome2
TheColourAwesome2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Turn off your Ad Blockers 2012-11-29 18:20:07 Reply

At 11/29/12 06:18 PM, Xenomit wrote:
I don't want to give idiots like ray william or pewdiepie a single fucking penny

So don't watch them.

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Turn off your Ad Blockers 2012-11-29 18:38:54 Reply

At 11/29/12 06:20 PM, TheColourAwesome wrote:
So don't watch them.

Adblock either way. Google doesn't need it, youtube doesn't deserve it.

TAB

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Turn off your Ad Blockers 2012-11-29 18:44:57 Reply

See that red star? The one on my name? It means shut up.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Turn off your Ad Blockers 2012-11-29 18:45:07 Reply

At 11/29/12 06:38 PM, Xenomit wrote:
At 11/29/12 06:20 PM, TheColourAwesome wrote:
So don't watch them.
Adblock either way. Google doesn't need it, youtube doesn't deserve it.

Well Youtube is owned by Google. If you mean the creators than I'm not sure what you mean? Don't you watch people whose job it is to produce content?

BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Turn off your Ad Blockers 2012-11-29 18:48:14 Reply

At 11/29/12 06:44 PM, sweet21 wrote: See that red star?

Stop fooling yourselves. It's maroon and we all know it.

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Turn off your Ad Blockers 2012-11-29 18:50:35 Reply

At 11/29/12 06:45 PM, TheColourAwsome wrote: Well Youtube is owned by Google. If you mean the creators than I'm not sure what you mean? Don't you watch people whose job it is to produce content?

The original work staff of youtube is still piddling around, except now they work for google.

TAB

BBS Signature
Archonic
Archonic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Turn off your Ad Blockers 2012-11-29 18:54:55 Reply

Is Tom ever going to let me turn ads back on?

satanbrain is always wrong
EGB || Bat Crew || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Turn off your Ad Blockers 2012-11-29 18:56:07 Reply

Indeed, I have provided a lot more money than the site would previously gain from me having adverts I never click.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Turn off your Ad Blockers 2012-11-29 18:56:17 Reply

At 11/29/12 06:54 PM, Spretznaz wrote: Is Tom ever going to let me turn ads back on?

Only if you squirt in his eyelid.

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Turn off your Ad Blockers 2012-11-29 18:57:56 Reply

At 11/29/12 06:48 PM, TheColourAwsome wrote:
At 11/29/12 06:44 PM, sweet21 wrote: See that red star?
Stop fooling yourselves. It's maroon and we all know it.

Burgundy is a fun word. I call it burgundy.

And stop being so disgruntled.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature