C4DNerd
C4DNerd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Importing video to flash Nov. 29th, 2012 @ 06:35 AM Reply

Hello!

So today I decided to create a Newgrounds account just for the heck of it. I figured I might as well start by uploading some animations that I did. I am a 3D artist and not a 2D Flash one, so obviously my videos aren't in Flash.

I've been looking up dozens of tutorials on how to get a quicktime video and put it into a Flash format so I could upload it here on Newgrounds. So far the video is going good and the file size is where it should be, but there's one problem: There's no audio. No matter how many times I have tried, Flash will not take the audio of the video. It takes the video just fine, but for some reason I just can't get any audio from it.

Has anyone else ever encountered this problem at all? If so, were you able to fix it and how?

Thanks!

Tanadrine-Studios
Tanadrine-Studios
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Animator
Response to Importing video to flash Nov. 29th, 2012 @ 09:42 AM Reply

Last I checked flash can only have FLV videos embedded into them... maybe I'm wrong or Flash has been updated to be compatible with other formats. I wouldn't recommend trying to bother with putting video into flash movies though... the quality will really suck most of the time.

If you have some good content to share, contact one of the Newgrounds staff and ask if you can get your account flagged to allow mp4 uploads. I don't know what their policy/method/requirements for mp4 flagging is, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

You can use free software such as "Handbrake" to convert your videos to H264 mp4 format I think... it isn't very user friendly, but I don't know of anything else out there that is free.

Max-Vador
Max-Vador
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to Importing video to flash Nov. 29th, 2012 @ 10:26 AM Reply

hey buddy, welcome to NG!

you don't need to import to flash. NG supports MPG-4 now not only SWF. Hope that helps!

Carr77
Carr77
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Animator
Response to Importing video to flash Nov. 30th, 2012 @ 04:16 AM Reply

As Max said, you can upload MP4-files now. But you need to ask TomFulp first. So send him a pm and beg him to make you capable of uploading MP4-files :)

Check out my flash animations, and games. I've also made some bad music, and art ;)

PeterSatera
PeterSatera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Importing video to flash Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 07:22 AM Reply

At 11/30/12 04:16 AM, Carr77 wrote: As Max said, you can upload MP4-files now. But you need to ask TomFulp first. So send him a pm and beg him to make you capable of uploading MP4-files :)

You dont need to ask him anymore (about time if you ask me)

Importing video to flash

BBS Signature