New Topic Respond to this Topic
FlyeThemoon
FlyeThemoon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Music License ? 2012-11-28 21:34:30 Reply

Did music here are on Creative Commons license ?

Because im looking some tunes om CC License, for my gameplay clips.

dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Music License ? 2012-11-28 21:42:14 Reply

Music that have uploaded on here are all automatically fit the CC (u see them in the song page, right below the player), doesn't matter what the artist agrees or not. In fact if he/she don't agree, probably wouldn't upload already, lol!

So feel comfortable to choose whatever music you like, follow the CC rules and best to notify the artist(s) first. Remember to credit the artist(s) too.

What comes around goes around...

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Music License ? 2012-11-28 22:01:11 Reply

Unless the artist has either intentionally or mistakenly put up someone else's work.

Also, it is BEST to ask the artists first.

stratkat
stratkat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Music License ? 2012-11-29 14:01:10 Reply

At 11/28/12 09:34 PM, FlyeThemoon wrote: Did music here are on Creative Commons license ?

Because im looking some tunes om CC License, for my gameplay clips.

Don't monetize the video, say who made the song and where you downloaded it from.

That's pretty much all you have to do on your end to use whatever song you want here, it's just courteous to ask permission and put a link.

MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Music License ? 2012-11-29 14:20:09 Reply

As others have said, and I would like to reinforce the idea - it is always nice to ask, and you cannot monetize your video without explicit permission either. :)

Personally, I don't want my music to be used for free since I sell licenses, but it is a good trade-off considering how many listens my music gets on this site. hehe

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out! Veteran REAPER user.

BBS Signature