ANIME-Y HIGHSCHOOL STUPID OTAKU ADVENTURE ACTION EXPLOSIONS YAY3.86 / 5.00 5,349 Views
The most mixed MMA-simulator ever!3.69 / 5.00 9,514 Views
Fighting Puzzle! Defeat the enemy using your brain!3.66 / 5.00 19,183 Views
Hello everyone! First of all, I hope I'm not violating any forum rules by posting this thread. (I did browse through general rules, as well as audio forum rules.) If I still failed to make sense of them and this topic is against the rules, please feel free to carry out the required measures!
We're holding an event over at rpgmaker.net to create a pack of free videogame music for everyone to use.
The main idea is collaborating and giving each other feedback, but there are some money rewards being handed out, too! After the event deadline we will hold a public vote to decide a best composer who will then receive an additional "People's Choice" award. The event has been running for 2 weeks already, but there's still 6 weeks left, which should be still fair amount of time to complete a few tunes.
Here's a take from the event announcement:
"Calling all composers! - It's RMN music event time again, but this time things are going to be a little different.
So, if you've participated or voted in the RMN music events before you'll have noticed that they have taken the form of competitions with set themes and public voting to determine the winner; this time around however, the main purpose of the event is going to be a bit different. Instead of competing, we're going to collaborate (and for the greater good, to boot! but more on that later)
For this event we're asking that the participating composers create pieces of original RPG/video-game music, as many tracks as they want and whatever they want (but adhering to some basic standards of quality and stuff, see below for details on this).
At the end of the time-frame for this event the tracks will be collected together, given the once-over, standardized into mp3/ogg formats (where necessary), given proper file information tags, given some sweet cover art and compiled into a downloadable "album" or "soundtrack" of royalty free, creative commons licensed music and then hosted on RMN for the whole community/internet to use as they wish in their not-for-profit game-making endeavors (The CC license model we'll be using will be attribution, non-profit).
Essentially, we'll be creating a free rpg music pack for anyone and everyone to use in their games and helping diversify the publicly available resource pool for rm users a little bit.
What's in it for me?
* For every approved submission you will receive an entry into a raffle draw with a $50 main prize by courtesy of RMN!
* Submitting 1 approved track grants you a 50 ms achievement.
* Submitting 3 approved tracks grants you a 100 ms achievement.
* Submitting 5 approved tracks grants you a 150 ms achievement.
* An excuse to get some practice in or try something new.
* The gratification of giving something back to the community.
* The possibility of your work and name ending up in some cool project you didn't even intend it to be included in.
* The chance to make something cool along with a bunch of other composers.
* A panel of judges will decide on a composer that has contributed the most and grant this person a $70 award by courtesy of Happy![/size][/color] - quality and quantity of the submissions are both taken in consideration. (If you win this award, you cannot win the raffle prize.)
* To receive any prize money you must have an active paypal account.
For further information check the RMN Music Pack Event
I hope I didn't break any forum rules or offend anyone by this advertisement, as the purpose of this event is to serve the greater good of the Game making community as whole!
800mph / Happy
Sounds interesting. I've made two remixes for an rpgamer contest several years ago. About seven or eight years ago I guess. I will check it out, and see if I have time to make some music for you.
Ow wait. you're from rpgmaker, not rpgamer. my bad. Anyway I like rpgs, I make music, and I'd want my music in other people's rpgs I'll check it out.
There's 5 weeks left anymore everyone!
And not to forget Voters' Choice award that will be handed out the best composer after the release of the music pack!
There's over $180 worth of prizes in total, so be sure to check out the event if you haven't done so yet: http://rpgmaker.net/.../rmn_music_pack