New Topic Respond to this Topic
Rabbidking
Rabbidking
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Steam Autumn Sale: I Love & Hate It Nov. 24th, 2012 @ 06:29 PM Reply

So, Steam's been having their annual Autumn sale over the past few days. Now, this isn't really big news. But, seeing as I'm a relatively new Steam user, I figured I'd check it out.

Since then, Steam has grabbed me with its coal-powered talons. Buying bundles of amazing games at insanely low prices... I sincerely think Steam's fucking with me. Taunting me, getting me to spend my hard-earned moneys on their wares. It's been working. I think I'm coming out on the losing end, but my friends have told me that I will eventually be the winner. Both in terms of getting neat games, and not spending nearly as much on stuff very soon.

So, what are your thoughts on any of Steam's sales? How much do you usually plop down, or have you bought anything from any recent sales? Any thoughts on the sales are welcome.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to bankrupt myself.

Nothing short of seven flavors of awesome sauce... with some extra-violence glaze on the side!

GrizzlyOne
GrizzlyOne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to Steam Autumn Sale: I Love & Hate It Nov. 24th, 2012 @ 06:37 PM Reply

I have about 10 games on steam for under 40$, they're good ones too.

So, no, I don't think I'm getting jipped.

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Steam Autumn Sale: I Love & Hate It Nov. 24th, 2012 @ 06:38 PM Reply

I'm currently downloading £97.42 worth of Sims 3 DLC

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Steam Autumn Sale: I Love & Hate It Nov. 24th, 2012 @ 06:56 PM Reply

Thats how they get you. Thats their jig. Its good that you get these games at a low price, but the fact they are so cheap makes you think 'I cant pass this up' next thing you know your missing $100 from you god damn bank account. (me)

And trying to figure out where you went wrong. It was the part where you bought a bunch of little things that led to one big thing. Still I got portal 2, cavestory +, gifted 1 game, and.....etc. etc.....

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Steam Autumn Sale: I Love & Hate It Nov. 24th, 2012 @ 07:20 PM Reply

I'd been planning to pick up Hotline Miami once I'd finished the stuff I was currently playing, and it went on sale today, so I'm all for it.

I used to be much worse and would buy fucking everything, but I think I own basically everything I would ever actually buy already, so I don't drop much cash in them any more.

PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
Mr-Anderson
Mr-Anderson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Steam Autumn Sale: I Love & Hate It Nov. 24th, 2012 @ 07:44 PM Reply

At 11/24/12 07:20 PM, TheMaster wrote: I'd been planning to pick up Hotline Miami once I'd finished the stuff I was currently playing, and it went on sale today, so I'm all for it.

I used to be much worse and would buy fucking everything, but I think I own basically everything I would ever actually buy already, so I don't drop much cash in them any more.

Picked up Hotline Miami today, as well!

It is grotesque, with jammin' beats and oozing with style.

Plan on picking up Botanicula (adorable looking game), Hero Academy, Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes (if it goes down any more), Unmechanical, Resonance, Puzzle Agent, Costume Quest (played on Xbox 360; one of my favorites), and perhaps Call of Duty 4 if that also drops in price. Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine is totally in mind, too. Can't forget about Magical Drop V, though I hear it's pretty broken right now. Eek. I'm only interested in such a title because I liked the previous iterations on Neo Geo.

Hopefully no one finds it off-putting that I provided links. Just trying to provide reference.

Giantbomb, duder! Steamy.
Hotel Dusk, Ace Attorney, and Metal Gear Solid. I'm set.

mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Steam Autumn Sale: I Love & Hate It Nov. 24th, 2012 @ 08:27 PM Reply

The only games that I'm interested in are Mark of the Ninja and the Walking Dead, but they will be on sale again during Christmas.

Xbox live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
X1SephX
X1SephX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Gamer
Response to Steam Autumn Sale: I Love & Hate It Nov. 24th, 2012 @ 08:56 PM Reply

Same here, except I've had a steam account since the release of CS:S but only very recently I've build my new PC. And damn its like the picture below. I've laughed before at the jokes about steam's sales but man they have so many deals like sweet21 said " the fact they are so cheap makes you think 'I cant pass this up' next thing you know your missing $100 from you god damn bank account. (me)" . One thing that's good on this sale is that I can catch up on my PC library of games I haven't played since last time. So I still got a good laugh at myself but for now I... I just want it to stop, I can't stop buying, haha.

Steam Autumn Sale: I Love & Hate It

If you're a HARDCORE FAN prepare to be always disappointed.

Ketzelkab
Ketzelkab
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Steam Autumn Sale: I Love & Hate It Nov. 25th, 2012 @ 05:44 AM Reply

I absolutely love Steam sales because It's the only time I buy games anymore. I game pretty much exclusively on PC anyway and I don't mind waiting a few months for big releases to get them at huge discounts. Also, since I'm a sucker for old games I pretty much always have something to play with the numerous choices of old games at like $2.50 each.

tl;dr: Christmas came prematurely for me.

Twitter | Soundcloud | Follow me?
Let's stalk each other on the interwebs!

Murray
Murray
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Steam Autumn Sale: I Love & Hate It Nov. 25th, 2012 @ 09:19 AM Reply

Even if I was still buying Steam games, I'd much rather wait until the Christmas sale which is where more would be going on. At least with having Steam going against me in every way means I can spare my wallet from buying games I'll never play.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Steam Autumn Sale: I Love & Hate It Nov. 25th, 2012 @ 12:21 PM Reply

I usually enjoy their sales, pity that I don't have much spare money atm so won't buy stuff though.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Steam Autumn Sale: I Love & Hate It Nov. 25th, 2012 @ 12:43 PM Reply

I try to stick to buying only a few games so that I actually get to play them before the next sale. I don't want to have hundreds of games that I never even play.

Anyway, this sale I got Half Life 2 Episode 1 and 2 (loved Half Life 2), Fable: The Lost Chapters and Botanicula. I was thinking about getting Skryim too, but I'll hold that off until the Christmas sale.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Steam Autumn Sale: I Love & Hate It Nov. 25th, 2012 @ 01:07 PM Reply

If I didn't already have Dishonored I would be buying the shit out of it at $30.

Odyssic
Odyssic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Gamer
Response to Steam Autumn Sale: I Love & Hate It Nov. 25th, 2012 @ 03:52 PM Reply

I'm so fucking sick, Steam is having these and I'm almost out of money, when I saw Sonic Generations today, a game I want a lot, I had to finally say no.

This sale I have got:

Skyrim: £7.99

Gamefly has a better deal

Sleeping Dogs: £14.99
Crysis: £2.99
Hotline Miami: £3.49
Borderlands 2: £14.99

Total: £44.45

dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Steam Autumn Sale: I Love & Hate It Nov. 25th, 2012 @ 04:13 PM Reply

This sale I bought The Sims 3 for £14.99, Star Wars Battlefront II for £3.24 and The Basement Collection for £1.49 (wasn't sure about this but all of a sudden it seemed like an amazing idea and I only had £1.55 left in my Steam wallet so I thought fuck it, quite looking forward to playing it).

DVD Collection and Game Collection
Steam: GallifreyanTimeDog
Really need to change this rubbish username.

BBS Signature
Sword-of-Kings
Sword-of-Kings
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Steam Autumn Sale: I Love & Hate It Nov. 25th, 2012 @ 06:36 PM Reply

I just bought the Civilization IV Complete Edition. When I look at my library, the game and expansion packs show up twice. Only one of the two has the install button at the top.

Does this go away once I install the games, or does it stay there forever?

Steam Autumn Sale: I Love & Hate It

Mr-Anderson
Mr-Anderson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Steam Autumn Sale: I Love & Hate It Nov. 25th, 2012 @ 06:39 PM Reply

At 11/25/12 06:36 PM, Sword-of-Kings wrote: I just bought the Civilization IV Complete Edition. When I look at my library, the game and expansion packs show up twice. Only one of the two has the install button at the top.

Does this go away once I install the games, or does it stay there forever?

I think the duplicates are the Mac versions. I suggest creating a custom category and shoving that stuff in there, then hiding the category. Unfortunately, there's no option to just rid of them.

Giantbomb, duder! Steamy.
Hotel Dusk, Ace Attorney, and Metal Gear Solid. I'm set.

Ronald-McDonald-LoL
Ronald-McDonald-LoL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Steam Autumn Sale: I Love & Hate It Nov. 25th, 2012 @ 08:50 PM Reply

I spent my fair share at the Summer Sale, so this time around I havent got as much need to buy things... but I've still dipped into the savings. I have entire series of games I bought on Steam that I haven't even started up yet.

Dora Revolution | Descent Club | EGB | Sig by byteslinger. Click for my Twitch channel.

BBS Signature
Klik
Klik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to Steam Autumn Sale: I Love & Hate It Nov. 25th, 2012 @ 09:17 PM Reply

Was able to hold back and only buy the walking dead, good job Klik, I'm proud of you. I have to say though after playing through in basically 2 days it would easily be up there for my game of the year.