New Topic Respond to this Topic
ConnyNordlund
ConnyNordlund
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Want to make a cool game? Nov. 23rd, 2012 @ 05:08 PM Reply

That is honestly it, but let's expand on this :)

WHO THE HELL AM I? WHY AM I EVEN HERE!?
I do design:
www.connyart.com

I'm here to see if there's anyone else who wants to gather up with me and just make something really cool. We will make this TOGETHER. Meaning we all have a say in what goes but we have trust in each other's area of expertise. For an example: The animator guy could tell the code guy what could be cool, but the animator guy wouldn't tell the code guy what to code and how to code, vise verse.

WHAT?
I'd love to create a simple and fun game. I do design and would need a team to help me with the rest.

I'm thinking something in style of Alien Hominid/Castle Crashers. 2d sidescroller/platformer with one hero, some enemies and a boss (or bosses, depending on how it goes). No stupid storylines, just awesome gameplay. My only personal requirement is that the project stays within my language of design so I can have some fun as well :)

WHY?
Why not?
I assume most of you want to do this for a living, right? Most of you might not even have something going at the moment, I don't! So I thought "hey, why the hell not.. I could use some more experience and something to put in the portfolio". If we end up being super handsome and awesome, it might end up being bigger than anticipated but that's not the goal. The goal is just do something we all find cool.

Are you thinking the same?

WHO'S NEEDED?
It's extremely important that you're easy and fun to work with. We don't want people who will tell others HOW to do their work. That being said, we do want people who are able to be honest and give pointers and are able to receive them. You also need to be dedicated and be willing to talk to the other people in the team if you need something.

Ideas > Whole team!

Design/Graphics > Conny Nordlund - www.connyart.com
I will be able to do all the concepts and in-game artwork. All characters/monsters, gui, backgrounds, whatever else.

Code > You?
If you're on NG you've probably played the games I mentioned, would you be able to pull something like that off? Yes? Good!
I'm seeing you as the mechanic and the engine in this team. You need to be able to tell the creatives what you need. There must be a little director inside of you who can help the rest of the team and tell us what you require.

Animator> You?
You need to be able to make smooth and fluid frame by frame animation. If you include tweens within this frame by frame, I don't really care. As long as it looks good! I do have some experience when it comes to animation so I will be able to work with you.
It's very important that I click well with you because we will work closely. Go through my website and see if the work resonates with you. You must be able feel like you can relate to my design language and be to work with my designs.

Music/Sound > You?
We will probably need you later on in the process so I will probably make a thread about it in the future. But we will need someone who's able to look at the project and see what music/sound that would go with it.

INTERESTED?
PM me and include some of your past work. I need to know you're able to pull off your tasks.

I'm looking forward to hear from some people! I hope everyone who joins are able to chat it up on skype later so we can brainstorm together.

- Conny Nordlund
www.connyart.com

ConnyNordlund
ConnyNordlund
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Want to make a cool game? Nov. 23rd, 2012 @ 05:24 PM Reply

If you prefer to email me:conny.art@hotmail.com

DaddieJay
DaddieJay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Want to make a cool game? Nov. 23rd, 2012 @ 07:02 PM Reply

I replied on your Facebook post. Please let me know if my coding skills can be of any use =P

ConnyNordlund
ConnyNordlund
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Want to make a cool game? Nov. 23rd, 2012 @ 07:21 PM Reply

At 11/23/12 07:02 PM, DaddieJay wrote: I replied on your Facebook post. Please let me know if my coding skills can be of any use =P

Awesome!

ConnyNordlund
ConnyNordlund
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Want to make a cool game? Nov. 23rd, 2012 @ 07:33 PM Reply

WE HAVE OUR PROGRAMMER!
DaddieJay!

I know DaddieJay from before, he has an engine we can built upon so that's awesome! The engine is already a 2d platformer and will work awesomely to this project! The animations will have to be in FBF since the engine runs sprite/fbf sheets.

So all we need now is an animator comfortable enough with my designs to take up the task of making us some fbf-sheets! Once we have our animator we can start brainstorming together as to what we want to make.

ColonelMagus
ColonelMagus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Voice Actor
Response to Want to make a cool game? Nov. 23rd, 2012 @ 07:41 PM Reply

At 11/23/12 07:33 PM, ConnyNordlund wrote: WE HAVE OUR PROGRAMMER!
DaddieJay!

So all we need now is an animator comfortable enough with my designs to take up the task of making us some fbf-sheets! Once we have our animator we can start brainstorming together as to what we want to make.

Awesome!
Hope that works out well, and I'm excited to see how this turns out!

sniperfolk
sniperfolk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Want to make a cool game? Nov. 23rd, 2012 @ 08:19 PM Reply

Inbox

RiverK
RiverK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Voice Actor
Response to Want to make a cool game? Nov. 23rd, 2012 @ 09:55 PM Reply

Voice?

|
V

PeteG
PeteG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to Want to make a cool game? Nov. 23rd, 2012 @ 11:44 PM Reply

If you need voice-work done I'd love to work with you!

Here's my demo and resume: https://www.box.com/s/lmvhpdzg5cqi212oursz

ConnyNordlund
ConnyNordlund
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Want to make a cool game? Nov. 24th, 2012 @ 10:14 AM Reply

WE'VE GOT OUR ANIMATOR
sniperfolk

Sent me some nice fbf sheets! Going to be fun to work with you.

As for you who ask for voice actors, there is no plan on making this scripted. But we might use voice actor later on, don't know yet.

ConnyNordlund
ConnyNordlund
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Want to make a cool game? Nov. 25th, 2012 @ 02:59 PM Reply

MUSIC
Please keep in mind that music comes later as well as sound.
We do have a person in mind for the music already but we will still need a sound effects person on the team.
I won't be needing music and sound at the moment but I will be making another thread for it later when it's needed.

Alphaman
Alphaman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Animator
Response to Want to make a cool game? Nov. 25th, 2012 @ 03:21 PM Reply

I can be a writer who can make the game idea and write the scripts...

Signature done by Vee!!!

BBS Signature
a0puncfan
a0puncfan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to Want to make a cool game? Nov. 26th, 2012 @ 09:35 PM Reply

if you ever need a voice actor i'm here!

Gamer, voice actor, nice guy. Demo Reel