BBS Signature
Th-e
Th-e
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Cartoon Charactes You'd Pound 2013-05-02 21:11:52 Reply

To those wanting to pound Spongebob, see the Flatts example.
To those against Kevin from EEnE...he wasn't that much of a jerk, save for one episode, SKIPPER!

Personally, I would pound Adam Lion and Jake from My Gym Partner's a Monkey.

Feel no mercy for me. It will only cause you to suffer as well.

Kanon
Kanon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Cartoon Charactes You'd Pound 2013-05-02 21:28:01 Reply

Not really a cartoon for say, but considering the animation style, I'd say close enough.

Navi.

Cartoon Charactes You'd Pound

PSN: Tysonizer, Best Thread of 2012.

BBS Signature
argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Cartoon Charactes You'd Pound 2013-05-02 21:49:31 Reply

At 5/2/13 02:01 PM, Mimilop wrote: STALKER Pound her face in!

Huh I never watched Total Drama despite the fact I know it's on cartoon Network ,She goes by the Name of Sierra seems pretty cute, most fan girls tend to behave like that I believe...

Dr-Worm
Dr-Worm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Movie Buff
Response to Cartoon Charactes You'd Pound 2013-05-02 21:50:16 Reply

At 5/2/13 08:57 PM, orangebomb wrote: Asuka Langley Soryu, {Asuka from Rebuild I can tolerate} and the rest of the cast of Neon Genesis Evangelion for that matter. Good God, these guys seem to be more concerned with petty bullshit issues than the friendly neighborhood Angels who only wants to fuck up the world.

Yeah, I think only Lost compares in terms of constant tragic backstory one-upmanship and ubiquitous daddy issues. On the other hand, I've never quite understood why people seem to so adamantly hate Shinji and Asuka. They aren't particularly pleasant characters, but they're complex and three-dimensional. They are a much more honest depiction of how actual kids might act when thrust into the larger-than-life high-stakes scenarios all these action shows center around. Even if people don't like them, they can still empathize with them and appreciate the show's brutal honesty, right?

Frankly, they all deserve what was coming to them in End of Evangelion for having their heads up their ass. At least in the Rebuild series, they're somewhat more tolerable, and a little more understandable, which isn't saying very much.

I've still only watched the first Rebuild movie, which stays pretty close to the original series, so I'll reserve judgment. The third one apparently just came out and the first impressions I've heard are that it's really weird in a bad way, full of plot holes and overall kind of shitty. Pretty disappointing, since I liked the first movie and heard good things about the second one, plus you know better than anyone how much of my time on the BBS is spent gargling Kazuya Tsurumaki's balls.

I'll still end up watching it, but man, that seems like a real wasted opportunity there.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: If... (Anderson, 1968, UK) | Letterboxd | Last.fm

BBS Signature
Cosmic
Cosmic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to Cartoon Charactes You'd Pound 2013-05-02 22:06:15 Reply

Edguardo from Eddsworld.

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Cartoon Charactes You'd Pound 2013-05-02 22:30:56 Reply

At 5/2/13 09:50 PM, Dr-Worm wrote:
At 5/2/13 08:57 PM, orangebomb wrote:
Yeah, I think only Lost compares in terms of constant tragic backstory one-upmanship and ubiquitous daddy issues. On the other hand, I've never quite understood why people seem to so adamantly hate Shinji and Asuka. They aren't particularly pleasant characters, but they're complex and three-dimensional.

I don't think anyone would doubt that they're complex, but at the same time, if NERV knew that they were this fucked up, then they would've easily found someone else to pilot the EVAs, but where's the fun in that? Never mind they seem to go at each other for the most petty of reasons, and most {if not all} of the adults do fuck-all about it, it makes me wonder did all the child therapists die in the Second Impact or what?

If nothing else, I do get a feeling of schadenfreude every time I watch Evangelion.

They are a much more honest depiction of how actual kids might act when thrust into the larger-than-life high-stakes scenarios all these action shows center around. Even if people don't like them, they can still empathize with them and appreciate the show's brutal honesty, right?

You'd think so. As I said before, the adults of the series just seem to have their heads up their ass for not noticing Shinji's and Asuka's problems in the first place, but this is Evangelion we're talking about here. In this world, sanity and logic gives way to fear, doubt, and Gendo's insane vision of Instrumentality, and a spiteful view on his son and people in general, go figure. Plus, I would've thought that a 14 year old kid would love to smash shit up piloting a giant machine while being a hero.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Dr-Worm
Dr-Worm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Movie Buff
Response to Cartoon Charactes You'd Pound 2013-05-02 23:27:07 Reply

At 5/2/13 10:30 PM, orangebomb wrote: I don't think anyone would doubt that they're complex, but at the same time, if NERV knew that they were this fucked up, then they would've easily found someone else to pilot the EVAs, but where's the fun in that?

I think they justify that in the story by virtue of how little time and room for error NERV has. Asuka is a prodigy and Shinji has whatever weird supernatural connection thing he's got going on with his EVA, so even with all their baggage NERV can't afford to use anyone else. I mean, in the first episode they were about to dump a barely conscious Rei into an entry plug, that probably speaks to how desperate they are.

Plus I think piloting the EVAs itself is a stressful thing that exacerbates their mental issues, especially once the Angels' attacks start to get all trippy and mind-rapey.

it makes me wonder did all the child therapists die in the Second Impact or what?

Ha, yeah it seems like it. It does seem like a weirdly obvious oversight that there's no kind of psychological support staff, but at the same time Japan has never exactly been the most receptive country towards dealing with mental health issues.

You'd think so. As I said before, the adults of the series just seem to have their heads up their ass for not noticing Shinji's and Asuka's problems in the first place

Well, to her credit Misato does notice them and tries her best to support them, but at the end of the day she's just not mature enough to adequately be the parental figure they need, not to mention she's got plenty of issues of her own.

but this is Evangelion we're talking about here. In this world, sanity and logic gives way to fear, doubt, and Gendo's insane vision of Instrumentality, and a spiteful view on his son and people in general, go figure.

He just might be the worst father in television history, which is really saying something in a medium that for some reason loves to fixate on terrible fathers.

Plus, I would've thought that a 14 year old kid would love to smash shit up piloting a giant machine while being a hero.

Yeah, that's what makes Evangelion so brilliant and well-regarded, it's a brutal deconstruction of that whole supergenre of adventure stories. Poor Shinji gets to live out every adolescent boy's fantasy (world-saving hero! Giant robots! No parents no rules! Hot chicks!) and it turns out to be totally miserable.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: If... (Anderson, 1968, UK) | Letterboxd | Last.fm

BBS Signature
BurningJesus
BurningJesus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to Cartoon Charactes You'd Pound 2013-05-02 23:38:42 Reply

Marceline and Princess Bubblegum from adventure time.

ZeldaFreak701
ZeldaFreak701
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Cartoon Charactes You'd Pound 2013-05-02 23:56:47 Reply

At 11/23/12 03:42 PM, SmartyPants wrote:
At 11/23/12 03:26 PM, Frenzy wrote: I would pound Kevin from Ed Edd N' Eddy.
I would go with Sarah instead. She was way more annoying

Her and the Kanker sisters. They were such annoying cunts.

PSN ID: Zeldafreak701 | Gamertag: Zeldafreak701 | 3DS friend code: 0301-9780-8157
You shouldn't have done that....
Sig by BlueHippo <3

BBS Signature