Be a Supporter!
simon
simon
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2000
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Gamer
Response to The Hobbit Nov. 25th, 2012 @ 05:31 PM Reply

At 11/21/12 04:38 PM, Provoke wrote: I heard most of the original cast will be returning, don't know how that would work considering they aren't in the book.

There are 3 parts to the film and the third part of the film isn't Hobbit related. It's the junction between The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, I believe their were a couple of books written that explain what it'll be about.


ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Playstation ID: SCParry || Steam ID: GNS_SimpLe
3DS Friend Code: 2878-9581-7218 || Nintendo ID: SCParry

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Hobbit Nov. 25th, 2012 @ 05:37 PM Reply

At 11/25/12 01:15 PM, Darthdenim wrote: I like how they made one of the dwarves a hot guy so the women have something to get moist over.

I was wondering why that one guy looked normal while all of the others looked like something out of Snow White. Oh well, still excited beyond belief that this movie is coming out. Me and my buddy Tank are surely going out opening night.


For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2003
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Writer
Response to The Hobbit Nov. 25th, 2012 @ 05:39 PM Reply

At 11/25/12 05:31 PM, simon wrote:
At 11/21/12 04:38 PM, Provoke wrote: I heard most of the original cast will be returning, don't know how that would work considering they aren't in the book.
There are 3 parts to the film and the third part of the film isn't Hobbit related. It's the junction between The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, I believe their were a couple of books written that explain what it'll be about.

...

No.

The only "junction" betweem LOTR and The Hobbit is shortly after the ring was destroyed, when Gandalf takes Merry, Pippin, Sam, Frodo and Gimli with him and tells them about Bilbo's adventures.

Whatever happens in between the Hobbit and LOTR in the Shire is... 50 years of Hobbitness. Aka eating, drinking, gardening and blabbering.

The first movie will most likely cover Gandalf's discovery of Thorin's father in Sauron's dungeon, the beggining of the journey all the way up to Beorn.

The second movie will most likely be the tale of the company's way through the forest, while Gandalf has his own adventures in the north, facing who knows what dangers with Saruman, Elrond, Cirdan and Galadriel (the White Council). Also maybe Radagast. Meanwhile the dwarves will escape Mirkwood through the river, get to Dale, get to Smaug, meet Smaug.

The third movie should be mostly about the battle of the 5 armies (I believe it was 5), conclusion, and then useless hints that reveal stuff that happens in LOTR, such as Saruman's betrayal, Legolas' thirst for adventure and so on.

Loki
Loki
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2003
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Writer
Response to The Hobbit Nov. 25th, 2012 @ 05:45 PM Reply

Again, my last post is composed of assumptions; but logical assumptions. There was no way they could fit this all in two movies - they would've lasted a minimum of 4 hours each. So three 2h30 movies was probably the best they could do. The way I described it is how I would've cut it if I was the director / scenarist.

Also, I can't wait to see the battle in the third movie. Goblins and wolves vs bears vs elves vs men vs dwarves vs Dragon. Woot.

Mumbo
Mumbo
  • Member since: Dec. 22, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Artist
Response to The Hobbit Nov. 25th, 2012 @ 05:49 PM Reply

At 11/21/12 05:18 PM, MrPercie wrote:
At 11/21/12 04:51 PM, Xenomit wrote: Yes, I know, I was just saying that I would also like to know where frodo and gandalf went
where the fuck did they go anyway?

The undying land I believe. Basically they just sit around and have peaceful lives until they want to die.

Not good movie stuff.


|XBL Gamertag: ShadowboltRD | Bronies before Hoenies| YenMuffin made my sig

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Hobbit Nov. 25th, 2012 @ 06:38 PM Reply

At 11/25/12 05:49 PM, Mumbo wrote:
The undying land I believe. Basically they just sit around and have peaceful lives until they want to die.

A paradise full of elves that may have medicine to heal Frodo and Bilbo from what the Ring had done to them as well as Frodo's wound from the Nazgul blade. The ending to the series is kind of sad seeing how Frodo's life was ruined by the Ring.


For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2003
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Writer
Response to The Hobbit Nov. 25th, 2012 @ 10:25 PM Reply

At 11/25/12 05:49 PM, Mumbo wrote:
At 11/21/12 05:18 PM, MrPercie wrote:
At 11/21/12 04:51 PM, Xenomit wrote: Yes, I know, I was just saying that I would also like to know where frodo and gandalf went
where the fuck did they go anyway?
The undying land I believe. Basically they just sit around and have peaceful lives until they want to die.

Not good movie stuff.

It's called Valinor. It's where the "gods" live.

Also, they can't die there. Even if they do they go to Mandos' caverns and blah blah.