New Topic Respond to this Topic
Ononymous
Ononymous
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Official: Transexualism Is A Mental Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 11:54 AM Reply

illness. According to the WHO anyway. http://www.advocate.com/politics/transgender/2012/10/23/miss -universe-canada-contestant-wants-who-stop-stigmatizing-tran s.

Do YOU think that people who are transgendered are suffering from emotional and behavioral issues?

TjStiches
TjStiches
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Official: Transexualism Is A Mental Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 11:57 AM Reply

i'm a dolphin stuck in a man's body.

Boss
Boss
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Official: Transexualism Is A Mental Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 12:44 PM Reply

At 11/21/12 11:57 AM, TjStiches wrote: i'm a dolphin stuck in a man's body.

i KNOW these feelin dudes

I'm an instigator

BBS Signature
Skaren
Skaren
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Artist
Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Official: Transexualism Is A Mental Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 12:54 PM Reply

At 11/21/12 11:57 AM, TjStiches wrote: i'm a dolphin stuck in a man's body.

I'm a man stuck in a dolphin's body.

got caught in the blow hole
MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Official: Transexualism Is A Mental Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 12:58 PM Reply

their not mental, they just want to have a penis AND a vagina and some tits

who wouldnt want all that sha-bang?

BBS Signature
Ganon-Dorf
Ganon-Dorf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Melancholy
Response to Official: Transexualism Is A Mental Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 12:59 PM Reply

Chris-Tran you say?

BBS Signature
AutisticSpaceCrab
AutisticSpaceCrab
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Official: Transexualism Is A Mental Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 01:01 PM Reply

I'd think so. I'ts crazy talk. It's like me acting like a dog cause i felt i should be one.

PimpNFresh
PimpNFresh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to Official: Transexualism Is A Mental Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 01:01 PM Reply

At 11/21/12 12:58 PM, MrPercie wrote: their not mental, they just want to have a penis AND a vagina and some tits

who wouldnt want all that sha-bang?

Man if I had all that, I would never leave the house

"I don't got nothin'... but I'll give what I got"
-The Nightwatchman

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Official: Transexualism Is A Mental Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 03:17 PM Reply

At 11/21/12 12:59 PM, Ganon-Dorf wrote: Chris-Tran you say?

Calvin Tran, you say?

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Artist
Response to Official: Transexualism Is A Mental Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 03:30 PM Reply

At 11/21/12 11:54 AM, Ononymous wrote: Do YOU think that people who are transgendered are suffering from emotional and behavioral issues?

I honestly couldn't care less what some organisation thinks about transgendered/transexual people, so long as the trans community keeps being fabulous.

Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to Official: Transexualism Is A Mental Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 03:34 PM Reply

WHO puts any old shit as a mental health problem.

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
SuperSampleStar
SuperSampleStar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Gamer
Response to Official: Transexualism Is A Mental Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 04:24 PM Reply

You know, back in the 1950's they considered homosexuality as a mental illness too... and for some reason compared them to pedophiles/child molesters.

The whole "treating trassexuals badly" shtick will eventually die down and they will be considered equals just like everyone else

BBS Signature
Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to Official: Transexualism Is A Mental Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 04:25 PM Reply

At 11/21/12 04:24 PM, SuperSampleStar wrote: You know, back in the 1950's

That point doesn't really cut it, seeing as what people got away with then is totally different to now.

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Official: Transexualism Is A Mental Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 04:29 PM Reply

Not every tranny thinks their in the wrong body, some are just straight up a dude that wants to be a chick

Not everything is a mind game

TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
EagleGuard
EagleGuard
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Official: Transexualism Is A Mental Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 04:41 PM Reply

At 11/21/12 11:54 AM, Ononymous wrote: illness. According to the WHO anyway. http://www.advocate.com/politics/transgender/2012/10/23/miss -universe-canada-contestant-wants-who-stop-stigmatizing-tran s.

Do YOU think that people who are transgendered are suffering from emotional and behavioral issues?

Psychologists usually don't refer to things like these as 'illnesses', but rather as 'disorders'. In this case that would be Gender Identity Disorder, or GID for short. If you're really into it, you can check out the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV-TR) for more information. Also, it's only an "issue" if the people themselves suffer from it.

By the way, this is hardly 'news', GID has been a registered disorder for quite some time now. Oh yes, and your source is by no means official :)

BBS Signature
Phobotech
Phobotech
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Animator
Response to Official: Transexualism Is A Mental Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 04:43 PM Reply

I'd be stunned if most people nowadays aren't mentally ill in some way or intensity. Who cares? People are people and it takes all kinds, let 'em do what they want.

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature
NeutralObjections
NeutralObjections
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Voice Actor
Response to Official: Transexualism Is A Mental Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 04:53 PM Reply

At 11/21/12 04:29 PM, Xenomit wrote: Not every tranny thinks their in the wrong body, some are just straight up a dude that wants to be a chick

Some men just want to dress like a lady.

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Official: Transexualism Is A Mental Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 04:56 PM Reply

At 11/21/12 04:53 PM, NeutralObjections wrote:
At 11/21/12 04:29 PM, Xenomit wrote: Not every tranny thinks their in the wrong body, some are just straight up a dude that wants to be a chick

Some men just want to dress like a lady.

I have a crossdressing fuck buddy

TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
RPGCrazyCritic
RPGCrazyCritic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Official: Transexualism Is A Mental Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 05:04 PM Reply

I'm absolutely fine with this.

A lot of people have pictures for their signatures. But that's stupid. I'm not going to do that. That is so 2008. Not even kidding. Jeez, you guys are stoopid.

LDAF
LDAF
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Official: Transexualism Is A Mental Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 05:09 PM Reply

Definitely. Anyone who needed to do a study on this to figure that out needs a little mental check-up of their own...of course, this has probably been said a million times.

Are you MAN enough to click this?!

BBS Signature
TheSporkLord
TheSporkLord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Official: Transexualism Is A Mental Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 05:20 PM Reply

And if by mental illness they mean " resulting from the culmination of percieved life experiences " then I agree.

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner
GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Official: Transexualism Is A Mental Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 05:24 PM Reply

At 11/21/12 04:53 PM, NeutralObjections wrote: Some men just want to dress like a lady.

Apparently, some of them are straight. Ed Wood was one case.

and Brendan...

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Official: Transexualism Is A Mental Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 08:00 PM Reply

Let's petition science!

That's basically all I got from that article.

All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
the-goatman
the-goatman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Official: Transexualism Is A Mental Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 08:24 PM Reply

No, eating someone else's skin is a mental illness.

BenwaHakubi
BenwaHakubi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Official: Transexualism Is A Mental Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 08:25 PM Reply

I don't think it is a mental illness. I think it is a physical problem, like a birth defect.

NeutralObjections
NeutralObjections
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Voice Actor
Response to Official: Transexualism Is A Mental Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 08:38 PM Reply

At 11/21/12 08:25 PM, BenwaHakubi wrote: I don't think it is a mental illness. I think it is a physical problem, like a birth defect.

I would say that's entirely wrong. ._.

TheLukeinator
TheLukeinator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Animator
Response to Official: Transexualism Is A Mental Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 09:08 PM Reply

As long as it isn't hurting anyone (Or at least, a substantial amount of people with no possibility of the harm being avoided,) then I really couldn't care less.

"Don't worry honey, I won't fall asleep on the toilet." - Elvis Presley

wreckr
wreckr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to Official: Transexualism Is A Mental Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 09:12 PM Reply

I mean isn't that kind of obvious? They are a male or a female and believe they should be the opposite.

BBS Signature
Ganon-Dorf
Ganon-Dorf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Melancholy
Response to Official: Transexualism Is A Mental Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 09:21 PM Reply

I give you, the end boss of the internet, Christian Weston Chandler, transexual mode.

Official: Transexualism Is A Mental

BBS Signature