Be a Supporter!
Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to Math Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 04:26 PM Reply

At 11/20/12 09:04 PM, Cordyceps wrote: I completed my grade 11 and 12 math in less than 4 weeks.

No, math is not difficult. You are a retard.

And you're a douche bag. A banned douche bag.

Join the Newgrounds Battlefield 3 Platoon (for PC)! DON'T ASK WHAT YOUR GAME CAN DO FOR YOU, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR, UH, NEWGROUNDS! ON BATTLEFIELD 3. eh...

JoSilver
JoSilver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Math Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 05:36 PM Reply

Math is not as hard as people think it too be. Currently I am taking Calculus 2, Yes it's bullshit hard but it all makes sense.

In order to understand math you need to understand more and more basic concepts. For instance your first example may look completely daunting at first.

x + (x + 1) + (x + 2) + (x + 3) + (x + 4) + (x + 5) + (x + 6 ) = 7x + 21

but it's actually very simple.

x + x = 2x because, if x = 2,
(2) + (2) = 2(2)
2 + 2 = 4 or 4 = 4

there for the equation above can be rewritten as

x+x+x+x+x+x+x+1+2+3+4+5+6 = 7x + 21

1+2+3+4+5+6 = 21

and there are 7 x's so these 7 x's combine to 7x same as
x+x+x = 3x
and
x+x+x+x = 4x

There for 7x + 21 = 7x + 21

just brush up on simpler concepts and to be honest a great study resource is Youtube. There are plenty of videos about all different subject in math there. Don't listen to anyone who says you don't need math... you do need math, all of it. It's up to decide when you want to stop learning because you can never stop learning new things.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Math Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 05:43 PM Reply

Math was always my worst subject, but I never had problems with stuff like that. Wait until you get into college level math and that is where stuff really starts to pick up. Just study hard and remember the basics and you will be fine. Worst comes to worst then you just hire a tutor.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to Math Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 06:14 PM Reply

At 11/21/12 02:04 PM, Dean wrote: There is a sort of math equivalent of dyslexia called dyscalculia. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Bullshit excuse that some kid came up with to avoid doing the work.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature
HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to Math Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 06:28 PM Reply

At 11/21/12 06:16 PM, Scary wrote:
At 11/21/12 06:14 PM, jjjkuk wrote: Bullshit excuse that some kid came up with to avoid doing the work.
is that what you tell kids with dyslexia?

jesus...

Did I say dyslexia?

BBS Signature
HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to Math Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 06:36 PM Reply

At 11/21/12 06:30 PM, Scary wrote:
At 11/21/12 06:28 PM, jjjkuk wrote: Did I say dyslexia?
then why are you treating the mathematical equivalent differently?

i always tried in math class because my teacher was the head master (the principal) of the school. i did every homework and i worked my arse off revising for the final exams to even scrape a pass. i'm not lazy, i just sucked at maths for the most part.

Because it's the same thing as Tourette's - specifically, the kind where people yell out obscenities. It's fake. They're either stupid or have a short attention span. I wasn't that good in maths, either, but I didn't claim to be incapable; I just didn't give a fuck.

BBS Signature
HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to Math Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 06:47 PM Reply

At 11/21/12 06:41 PM, Scary wrote:
At 11/21/12 06:36 PM, jjjkuk wrote: Because it's the same thing as Tourette's - specifically, the kind where people yell out obscenities. It's fake. They're either stupid or have a short attention span.
ok now you're trolling

i very much want to believe you're trolling at this point in time

the much worse alternative is that you're a 19 year old with these genuine beliefs

Wait to come up with a counter-argument. Oh, looking me up, huh? Let's see. What's much worse is that you're one of today's young(er) twats that not only believes this piss, but also listens to emo music - the most confused, pathetic person and music type made. How's that?

BBS Signature
HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to Math Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 06:49 PM Reply

At 11/21/12 06:47 PM, jjjkuk wrote: Wait to come up with

*way, dammit.

BBS Signature
HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to Math Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 06:59 PM Reply

At 11/21/12 06:52 PM, Scary wrote: except your subjective opinion of genuine mental disorders does not magic away the science and research of the conditions, does it

Show me and I'll consider it.

do you only think people with tourettes are just doing it for a laugh? blablablabla

Did you read what I wrote about Tourette's?

oh and don't even pretend you know what emotive hardcore is, or sounds like. blablablablabla

I'm not talking about the music. I'm talking about the people. The in-grown, immature twats that don't grow out of their phase past the age of 14.

BBS Signature
Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Musician
Response to Math Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 07:00 PM Reply

At 11/21/12 06:59 PM, jjjkuk wrote: I'm not talking about the music. I'm talking about the people. The in-grown, immature twats that don't grow out of their phase past the age of 14.

lol you have a megadeth sig and you're talking about growing up

letterboxd|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Musician
Response to Math Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 07:16 PM Reply

At 11/21/12 07:13 PM, Scary wrote: makes awful gaming videos of youtube filming a fucking television with a shaky hand cam and never saying anything funny ever and mumbling in the voice of the greasing sit-alone canteen metalhead

goddamn, that's brutal

he's done

letterboxd|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
notYert
notYert
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Melancholy
Response to Math Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 07:23 PM Reply

haha i love you so much scary

jjjkuk you are so fucking DUMB

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Math Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 07:26 PM Reply

At 11/21/12 02:07 PM, Scary wrote:
At 11/21/12 02:04 PM, Dean wrote: There is a sort of math equivalent of dyslexia called dyscalculia. Maybe that has something to do with it?
oh shit son kinda sounds like me

Yeah, I have a few of those symptoms.

Mostly this one, this is a LOT like me:

Difficulty with conceptualizing time and judging the passing of time. May be chronically late or early

But I cannot diagnose myself. It was an interesting read nonetheless.

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Math Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 09:27 PM Reply

Um that's super basic algebra. It's not even difficult. I don't bother proving things that's fucking obvious, so that I don't look like other retards on here.

A lot of math types are truly retarded, such as topology. It's barely useful at all beside fucking with your brain. I could do the same with combinatoric or probability and I feel more enjoyable. I think the three types of maths I enjoy so far are calculus, geometry and probability.

What comes around goes around...

BBS Signature
HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to Math Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 10:45 PM Reply

At 11/21/12 07:13 PM, Scary wrote: see how dumb you look? wow

Holy shit, you are the biggest fucking illiterate moron since Yert. I said SPECIFICALLY the kind that makes people yell swear words: shit, fuck, cunt, etc. How the fuck is a disorder supposed to make someone yell out just those words as opposed to any word or random noise?

90s emotive hardcore

I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about that idiotic fad that arose a decade or so ago.

At 11/21/12 07:23 PM, notYert wrote: haha i love you so much scary

jjjkuk you are so fucking DUMB

Are you going to give me a reason why, or just keep calling me stupid like the 5-year-old that you are?

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Math Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 11:44 PM Reply

Holy shit, you are the biggest fucking illiterate moron since Yert. I said SPECIFICALLY the kind that makes people yell swear words: shit, fuck, cunt, etc. How the fuck is a disorder supposed to make someone yell out just those words as opposed to any word or random noise?

This might answer your question:

"The exact mechanism affecting the inherited vulnerability to Tourette's has not been established, and the precise etiology is unknown. Tics are believed to result from dysfunction in cortical and subcortical regions, the thalamus, basal ganglia and frontal cortex. Neuroanatomic models implicate failures in circuits connecting the brain's cortex and subcortex,[22] and imaging techniques implicate the basal ganglia and frontal cortex."

Even the most righteous, logically sound individuals are subject to poor reasoning skills and deluded mindsets.

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Math Nov. 22nd, 2012 @ 12:07 AM Reply

The problem that most people have with math is that it operates entirely of logic. There is now way to bullshit your way not understanding a concept and there is no room for creativity to save you. You memorize or understand the steps or concepts or you fail. That is why most people despise mathematics.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to Math Nov. 22nd, 2012 @ 12:16 AM Reply

At 11/21/12 11:44 PM, 4761 wrote: This might answer your question:

Mostly terminology, but it helps my point.

BBS Signature
notYert
notYert
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Melancholy
Response to Math Nov. 22nd, 2012 @ 01:37 AM Reply

At 11/21/12 10:45 PM, jjjkuk wrote: Are you going to give me a reason why, or just keep calling me stupid like the 5-year-old that you are?

haha, just shut up. yes, i'm just going to keep calling you stupid, because you are so stupid and ignorant i'm not even going to waste my time trying to explain how stupid you are

besides, scary has pretty much already done an excellent job itt of showing you how stupid you are, i shouldn't have to do it also. that would just be redundant

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Math Nov. 22nd, 2012 @ 01:43 AM Reply

Math fucking SUCKS. I hate it >:(

I didnt pass algebra until my senior year in high school! Math sucks so much ass theres a word for people that cant understand it!

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to Math Nov. 22nd, 2012 @ 02:48 AM Reply

At 11/22/12 01:37 AM, notYert wrote: haha, just shut up. yes, i'm just going to keep calling you stupid, because you are so stupid and ignorant i'm not even going to waste my time trying to explain how stupid you are

besides, scary has pretty much already done an excellent job itt of showing you how stupid you are, i shouldn't have to do it also. that would just be redundant

So in other words, you can't come up with a reason and you're a pretentious idiot.

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Math Nov. 22nd, 2012 @ 04:32 AM Reply

I do year 10 maths and I'm in the lowest class there is. Its not so much that I'm bad at maths than it is me being lazy and not very maths orientated. I'm better at subjects like english and history.

There is a lot of support in my class at least. I can drop maths in my final year of highschool and I've chosen not to do a second semester of maths next year and only do the one compulsory semester.

So yeah maths isn't a strong point of mine at all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

mothballs
mothballs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to Math Nov. 22nd, 2012 @ 10:22 AM Reply

At 11/22/12 01:43 AM, sweet21 wrote: Math fucking SUCKS. I hate it >:(

I didnt pass algebra until my senior year in high school! Math sucks so much ass theres a word for people that cant understand it!

That's because you suck at it. You'd realize how awesome it is to be good at math if you were.

Emma
Emma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to Math Nov. 22nd, 2012 @ 01:10 PM Reply

At 11/20/12 08:28 PM, Luke wrote: x + (x + 1) + (x + 2) + (x + 3) + (x + 4) + (x + 5) + (x + 6 ) = 7x + 21

I wish my senior year math class was this easy.

BBS Signature
InsertFunnyUserName
InsertFunnyUserName
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to Math Nov. 22nd, 2012 @ 02:13 PM Reply

At 11/20/12 08:53 PM, Luke wrote: I don't know how you guys can figure any of this stuff out.

I've always been good with math but this semester, I had your same problem except with physics. This is the process I've learn from that struggle:

We break it down into things that we know.

$foo = "x + (x + 1) + (x + 2) + (x + 3) + (x + 4) + (x + 5) + (x + 6 ) = 7x + 21";

(Not sure if I formatted that code right. Never used this feature before.) The first step is to categorize the problem. What type of math is it? I see that it's an equation with a single variable so I categorize it as single-variable algebra. Next, I think about all the things I know about equations in single variable algebra:
- I can add terms with the same variable. So if I add x to 2x, you get 3x just like adding 1 to 2 gives you 3.
- Preforming operations in algebra follows the order of PEMDAS: Parenthesis, exponents, multiplication, division, addition, and subtraction
- Addition is commutative, which means it can be done in any order. A+B=B+A
- When a set a parenthesis isn't being multiplied, divided, and taken to an exponent by something, you can treat the parenthesis as if they're not there. so A+(B+C)=A+B+C

Now that I have in mind all of these things, I can utilize them one by one to work away at the problem (I won't solve it here because other people have already done that). If you apply one rule at a time, you find that bit by bit, a complicated problem starts to look simpler. If you're unsure of what to do, don't try to focus on the broad scheme. Just figure out where in the ballpark you are, and utilize relevant facts to identify what one thing is that you can do. Are there like terms to add? Are there parenthesis to distribute? If you have a fraction, can you reduce it? Things like that. And after you've done that one thing, look for another thing just like how when you're doing a jigsaw puzzle, you only put in place one piece at a time.

The hardest part is memorizing not just all the rules but also how they're used, and that just takes practice. The more you do problems, the more you'll get a feel for what rules each situation calls for.

At 11/22/12 01:05 PM, Scary wrote:
At 11/21/12 10:45 PM, jjjkuk wrote:

fight fight fight

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature
steph2568
steph2568
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Math Nov. 22nd, 2012 @ 02:55 PM Reply

What? Math is the easiest subject ever.

<3

BBS Signature
HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to Math Nov. 22nd, 2012 @ 03:09 PM Reply

At 11/22/12 01:05 PM, Scary wrote: it also occurs in deaf people with Tourettes who swear via sign language, something most people don't understand and isn't noticeable so they're obviously not doing it for attention / reaction

Yea, I'm done here.

BBS Signature
EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to Math Nov. 22nd, 2012 @ 03:12 PM Reply

At 11/22/12 03:09 PM, jjjkuk wrote:
At 11/22/12 01:05 PM, Scary wrote: it also occurs in deaf people with Tourettes who swear via sign language, something most people don't understand and isn't noticeable so they're obviously not doing it for attention / reaction
Yea, I'm done here.

Down and out.

Scary wins.

Portal, Chat & BBS Moderator

BBS Signature
notYert
notYert
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Melancholy
Response to Math Nov. 22nd, 2012 @ 04:12 PM Reply

At 11/22/12 03:09 PM, jjjkuk wrote: Yea, I'm done here.

hopefully you mean done posting forever

BBS Signature
HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to Math Nov. 22nd, 2012 @ 04:51 PM Reply

At 11/22/12 04:12 PM, notYert wrote:
At 11/22/12 03:09 PM, jjjkuk wrote: Yea, I'm done here.
hopefully you mean done posting forever

Just for that, I'll be posting every day from now on.

BBS Signature