New Topic Respond to this Topic
CalamityCB
CalamityCB
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Animator
Next gen Xbox rumour 2012-11-20 15:41:24 Reply

Apparently there is a rumor that the recently closing Xbox World magazine (more gaming magazines closing? coincidence?) will be revealing the next-gen Xbox in its pen-ultimate issue. In this rumor it is speculating that the console will boast 8gb ram, a quad core processor (similar to a average gaming PC) and blu-ray. The chances that this rumor is un-true is very high but who knows,what do you think to this newgrounders?

example article links: http://www.itproportal.com/2012/11/20/microsoft-xbox-720-new -spec-leak-and-rumour-roundup/
http://www.autoomobile.com/news/xbox-720-specs-rumors-pics/1 008092/

boop

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Next gen Xbox rumour 2012-11-20 16:29:19 Reply

I have my doubts that they will fully reveal the console in this magazine. That is what they will do at E3 next year, but they may give us some reliable specs which is enough to hold me over. The rumors make it sound respectable, and I would be content if the console was six times as powerful as the current 360 like some sources claim.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Next gen Xbox rumour 2012-11-20 16:37:20 Reply

I generally disregard rumours for the most part. Some turn out to be true, most don't. It's better to wait on some solid information before you start getting excited about the next generation of consoles. Still, I can't see them being too far away, especially now that the WiiU has been released.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to Next gen Xbox rumour 2012-11-20 18:06:56 Reply

A rumour is a rumour. We shall wait for confirmed information.

TheSporkLord
TheSporkLord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Next gen Xbox rumour 2012-11-20 18:22:52 Reply

I imagine the new console is really just going to be a chip they implant in your heart and brain, so Microsoft can literally suck the life out of you.

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner
GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature
scoutthesoldier
scoutthesoldier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Next gen Xbox rumour 2012-11-20 20:23:05 Reply

I heard the 8 GB RAM part is just part of the developer's kit and the retail version will have 4 GB, still double the RAM of the new Wii U.

That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Next gen Xbox rumour 2012-11-20 22:45:13 Reply

I doubt that Microsoft will release any major details about the new Xbox in a magazine that's shutting down, and especially before next year's E3. As of now, I don't see them releasing any juicy info about the console in general beyond the specs themselves, and even that can be changed at any time. Simply put, all we can do is wait and see.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Next gen Xbox rumour 2012-11-20 23:02:00 Reply

At 11/20/12 04:37 PM, Dean wrote: Still, I can't see them being too far away, especially now that the WiiU has been released.

The rumour about the Wii u having screens built into the controller was true, and that sounded ridiculous. This sounds believable.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Next gen Xbox rumour 2012-11-21 00:13:05 Reply

Thats very very impressive for a console. Lets hope the rumour is true.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Next gen Xbox rumour 2012-11-21 06:14:34 Reply

At 11/20/12 11:02 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: The rumour about the Wii u having screens built into the controller was true, and that sounded ridiculous. This sounds believable.

That doesn't mean that all rumours should be treated as fact, does it?

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Next gen Xbox rumour 2012-11-21 11:44:58 Reply

At 11/20/12 08:23 PM, scoutthesoldier wrote: I heard the 8 GB RAM part is just part of the developer's kit and the retail version will have 4 GB, still double the RAM of the new Wii U.

It doesn't matter because high amounts a RAM don't have that great of an effect on your graphic performance and it nearly all comes from the GPU. Most high end gaming computers don't need more than 4GB of RAM.

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Next gen Xbox rumour 2012-11-21 20:42:36 Reply

At 11/21/12 06:14 AM, Dean wrote:
At 11/20/12 11:02 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: The rumour about the Wii u having screens built into the controller was true, and that sounded ridiculous. This sounds believable.
That doesn't mean that all rumours should be treated as fact, does it?

Very true, but this sounds more plausible than the usual "10 times more powerful than the PS3" crap we always hear.

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Next gen Xbox rumour 2012-11-22 01:17:52 Reply

Rumor? Next gen consoles are pretty much confirmed the moment their devkits were confirmed. A 2014 release is pretty much expected at this point. Both Sony and microsoft are suppose to say something at 2012's E3.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Next gen Xbox rumour 2012-11-22 01:38:49 Reply

Consoles are the superior way to play games.

The very first video game ever was a console.

TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
Mr-Anderson
Mr-Anderson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Next gen Xbox rumour 2012-11-23 00:24:36 Reply

They're going to push it as an "all-in-one" (except for video games) package and remind you that "YOU ARE THE CONTROLLER" with a Kinect 2 either bundled with the console or bundled in a premium package. No thanks.

Sony's done for if they repeat what they did with the PS3: "Five hundred ninety-nine US dollars" and subsequent "no gaems". I don't even think they can afford even a small misstep. I say this because Sony, as a whole, ain't doin' too hot right now. At all.

Nintendo should hope that they get decent third party support and stop releasing "New Super Mario Bros." rehashes. If I hear another "BAH BAH" I swear I'll rant about it in a forum post no one will read. Don't make me do it.

Nintendo's in a pretty interesting predicament, though. They've sort of kind of started the next generation of gaming; with a new console(s) hitting next year - specifications leaps and bounds ahead of WiiU's - they'll need to rely on the age old quote, "Gameplay is more important than graphics". And even then, these consoles will obviously have vastly superior innards, so graphics aren't the only concern. I worry that games will once again be scaled down to be played on a WiiU like what was done with the Wii.

I understand the sacrifice in fidelity and other such things Nintendo had to take with the WiiU. If they had gone all the way, it wouldn't be affordable.

Giantbomb, duder! Steamy.
Hotel Dusk, Ace Attorney, and Metal Gear Solid. I'm set.

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Next gen Xbox rumour 2012-11-23 00:44:03 Reply

At 11/23/12 12:35 AM, Travis wrote: I doubt the next xbox uses bluray. seriously they dont want to pay royalties to sony and the 8 other companies that own Bluray technology.

Sony solely owns blue ray, all they'd have to do is sign a contract with them that sais Microsoft gets to use blueray in the new Xbox 360 model, and Microsoft compensates for the royalties

However, seeing that Sony and Microsoft have a good little rivalry going, I doubt that'll happen

TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
OwnageGiy221
OwnageGiy221
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Next gen Xbox rumour 2012-11-25 23:42:24 Reply

I can't wait to see the look on the Nintendo fanboys' faces when they realize that the PS4 and Nextbox's technical specs kick the Wii U's teeth in. I think the next generation of gaming will be a repeat of this one's.

Mr-Anderson
Mr-Anderson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Next gen Xbox rumour 2012-11-26 03:16:36 Reply

At 11/25/12 11:42 PM, OwnageGiy221 wrote: I can't wait to see the look on the Nintendo fanboys' faces when they realize that the PS4 and Nextbox's technical specs kick the Wii U's teeth in. I think the next generation of gaming will be a repeat of this one's.

We've known since E3 that the Wii U isn't a powerhouse.

I'm glad Nintendo's doing their own thing; think about how bland gaming would be if Nintendo just decided to be a "me too!"competitor.

Giantbomb, duder! Steamy.
Hotel Dusk, Ace Attorney, and Metal Gear Solid. I'm set.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Next gen Xbox rumour 2012-11-26 08:27:36 Reply

At 11/23/12 12:35 AM, Travis wrote: I doubt the next xbox uses bluray. seriously they dont want to pay royalties to sony and the 8 other companies that own Bluray technology.

They either HAVE to do that, abandon disc all together, or come up with their own kind of disc. The DVDs can't hold many games now and they must use multiple disc.

BBS Signature
dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Next gen Xbox rumour 2012-11-26 16:45:54 Reply

At 11/22/12 01:38 AM, Xenomit wrote: Consoles are the superior way to play games.

The very first video game ever was a console.

What difference does that make? I'm mainly a console gamer but I don't see how consoles are superior.

DVD Collection and Game Collection
Steam: GallifreyanTimeDog
Really need to change this rubbish username.

BBS Signature
Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Next gen Xbox rumour 2012-11-28 18:10:40 Reply

Who knows guys, they might even do away with the the disc tray. Imagine that!

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Pixar9000
Pixar9000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to Next gen Xbox rumour 2012-11-29 07:40:15 Reply

I Do Believe The Rumor And One Thing That Is The Weirdest Looking Console I Have Seen In My Life.(Seriously It Looks Like A Fuc*ing Metal Tin)

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Programmer
Response to Next gen Xbox rumour 2012-11-29 08:22:29 Reply

give it a year or two before a new Xbox Console. let them suck the remaining for the 360 then go to a new console.

kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Next gen Xbox rumour 2012-11-30 12:18:48 Reply

if they actually want to make things good, the next x-box gen should be a pc

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.