New Topic Respond to this Topic
Kinjo-Goldbar
Kinjo-Goldbar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Composer for Visual Novel Wanted 2012-11-20 05:34:32 Reply

Would anyone be interested in composing an opening theme song for my team's upcoming visual novel? We don't really have anyone on our team with much musical talent so I've come here to search for someone who might want to help us out.

More information on the game itself here: http://detectivebutler.weebly.com/index.html

Currently all the graphics are getting redone. I wouldn't mind getting the songs redone either but I'm at least content with the songs I have -- I'm more concerned about obtaining a theme song to use for an opening video. (By chance anyone reading this would also want to help out in making the video, please tell me).

Oh, and the theme song would ideally be jazz/swing/noir style, to fit the whole "detective" theme. Thanks.

MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Composer for Visual Novel Wanted 2012-11-20 07:25:11 Reply

I'm guessing this isn't a paid job since it's not mentioned...?

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out! Veteran REAPER user.

BBS Signature
deadlyfishes
deadlyfishes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Composer for Visual Novel Wanted 2012-11-20 11:54:22 Reply

At 11/20/12 05:34 AM, Kinjo-Goldbar wrote: Would anyone be interested in composing an opening theme song for my team's upcoming visual novel? We don't really have anyone on our team with much musical talent so I've come here to search for someone who might want to help us out.

More information on the game itself here: http://detectivebutler.weebly.com/index.html

Currently all the graphics are getting redone. I wouldn't mind getting the songs redone either but I'm at least content with the songs I have -- I'm more concerned about obtaining a theme song to use for an opening video. (By chance anyone reading this would also want to help out in making the video, please tell me).

Oh, and the theme song would ideally be jazz/swing/noir style, to fit the whole "detective" theme. Thanks.

Got a lot of stuff here on my website: http://www.matthewpablo.com

I'm very familiar with jazz noir detective style, but I don't have any samples at the moment, I'd be happy to help out.
Check out the website though and see if you would like to work together!

<Professional Composer> <AudioJungle Reviewer>
OFFICIAL MUSIC SITE!
Check out something I did for NATA 2013! Hikarian's winning NATA 2013 Entry

BBS Signature
Kinjo-Goldbar
Kinjo-Goldbar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Composer for Visual Novel Wanted 2012-11-20 16:40:42 Reply

At 11/20/12 07:25 AM, MetalRenard wrote: I'm guessing this isn't a paid job since it's not mentioned...?

Oh, good point. Forgot to talk about that.

I'm assuming different composers will have different prices. I hardly have much of a budget so the cost is actually an important factor to me. But I am willing to pay, as long as it's affordable.

DrFunkMonkey
DrFunkMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Composer for Visual Novel Wanted 2012-11-23 18:55:51 Reply

I'd be up for that! don't have too much to show you atm, only what I have submitted on NG and this but have always wanted to give noir/jazz a go, heck i'll do it for free if I have to.

sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to Composer for Visual Novel Wanted 2012-11-23 20:09:44 Reply

At 11/20/12 05:34 AM, Kinjo-Goldbar wrote: Oh, and the theme song would ideally be jazz/swing/noir style, to fit the whole "detective" theme. Thanks.

Well, quite an oldie, but seems to fit perfect to your description:

• Detective Jazz Loop 1
    Detective Jazz Loop 1 by sorohanro

A short jazz track in suiting detective stories.

Score
    4.14 / 5.00
    Type
    Loop
    Genre
    Jazz
    Popularity

It's old and has been on NG (and other sites) for quite a while, so this one is free for online novels and non-commercial stuff :)

JosephAS1
JosephAS1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Composer for Visual Novel Wanted 2012-11-25 11:33:25 Reply

I could give it a shot!

Plinkydinkydonk

JayKayR1
JayKayR1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Composer for Visual Novel Wanted 2013-01-21 22:48:14 Reply

Hello. My name is Jose Miguel Santiago. I am currently looking for a position, anywhere in the video game industry as a music composer. I have been composing music for about 4 years now, and the genres that I compose is techno(any kind of techno), and orchestrated music. I am proficient in using ProTools, Ableton, and FL Studio.

Please reply back, and thank you for reading this message.

Jose Santiago

Youtube Channel for compositions:
http://www.youtube.com/user/JayKayR1?feature=mhee

Demo Reel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWLh2gUncWc

DaveMeister34
DaveMeister34
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Composer for Visual Novel Wanted 2013-01-22 08:15:04 Reply

Good Morning. My name is David Obaniyi. I'm a passionate composer as well as an orchestrator. I was wondering if I could apply my services to write music in any style for your needs.

Here are some samples of my works:
http://www.soundclick.com/ bands/default.cfm?bandID= 1273590

My emails are obaniyi.david@yahoo.com and davidobaniyi@gmail.com in case you want to get in contact with me.

Thank you very much for your time and hope to hear from you soon.

Rhoder
Rhoder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Composer for Visual Novel Wanted 2013-01-22 09:24:35 Reply

This thread is old..
I doubt the OP is reading this now