New Topic Respond to this Topic
HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Wanting to have kids Nov. 19th, 2012 @ 06:16 PM Reply

I've noticed my opinion of wanting to have kids change over the years. I recall in elementary school that I think I wanted to adopt one. I don't remember why or if that's what I said, but I'm over it. For the next decade or so, my thought was "absolutely not". As any responsible parent would know, as soon as you have offspring, your life is more or less over; it is now centred completely around raising the thing. Even after it's an adult and is supporting itself, it'll always be on your mind 'til the day you die. Recently, however, I've been thinking that if I have a kid, fine, but I would rather it be a girl. No, you twat, get your head out of your ass. I'm not really sure of a reason why; perhaps I just want to raise a proper lady. Anyway, I've been thinking about it more and more and I would actually like to have one - just one. Any more wold be a nuisance. At the moment I'm thinking I won't actively try to get one, but if it happens, cool. I'll see if my opinion changes. It's probably just a thought that occurs in everyone as they grow up. Being living creatures, it's the one thing we're meant to do.

What about you kids? I know some of the older BBSers have kids and, since they haven't said anything about disowning them, I assume they're fine with it.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Wanting to have kids Nov. 19th, 2012 @ 06:19 PM Reply

I always thought the exact same thing apart from the adoption and not having one parts.

Jeffyx
Jeffyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to Wanting to have kids Nov. 19th, 2012 @ 06:21 PM Reply

I think one day I want to have kids. Not until I'm ATLEAST 30, that's the minimum age for me.

"Life is a bitch, so learn how to fuck it" | Become my NG fan! | #teamsuckdick

BBS Signature
BasedBubbus
BasedBubbus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Wanting to have kids Nov. 19th, 2012 @ 06:22 PM Reply

i kinda want to have a girl too, sometime soon, i dont know why
i just want a beautiful mixed race daughter

I'm a single father and a multimillionaire.

BBS Signature
HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Wanting to have kids Nov. 19th, 2012 @ 06:32 PM Reply

Age-wise, it should be at least from 25. One must is that I should be secure in my income and location. I wouldn't want a kid because I want to live my life and be active. If I'm going to be a musician, I'll be constantly traveling, so it would be really difficult to be a parent with that.

BBS Signature
yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Artist
Response to Wanting to have kids Nov. 19th, 2012 @ 06:36 PM Reply

I would rather have aids than a child

HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Wanting to have kids Nov. 19th, 2012 @ 06:41 PM Reply

At 11/19/12 06:32 PM, jjjkuk wrote: Age-wise, it should be at least from 25.

Scratch that. Maybe 28+ or something.

BBS Signature
DigitalStrip
DigitalStrip
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Movie Buff
Response to Wanting to have kids Nov. 19th, 2012 @ 06:45 PM Reply

At 11/19/12 06:41 PM, jjjkuk wrote:
At 11/19/12 06:32 PM, jjjkuk wrote: Age-wise, it should be at least from 25.
Scratch that. Maybe 28+ or something.

I want to have kids at at least 25 or later no earlier

BostonJax
BostonJax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Audiophile
Response to Wanting to have kids Nov. 19th, 2012 @ 06:47 PM Reply

I'm 29, no kids for me... or plans to have any in the near future either.

BBS Signature
DigitalStrip
DigitalStrip
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Movie Buff
Response to Wanting to have kids Nov. 19th, 2012 @ 06:50 PM Reply

At 11/19/12 06:47 PM, BostonJax wrote: I'm 29, no kids for me... or plans to have any in the near future either.

I will have no nefews?

D-Nightmare
D-Nightmare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to Wanting to have kids Nov. 19th, 2012 @ 06:52 PM Reply

By the time I get married at around 26, I should be secured in a teaching career with the someone that I'm sure would be worth spending a lifetime with. Life's between that, or considering a vocation that would give me the chance to teach anyway.

I am not a poet, and I do not intend to be.
I just wanted to post so you do not forget me.

BBS Signature
GoryBlizzard
GoryBlizzard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 55
Blank Slate
Response to Wanting to have kids Nov. 19th, 2012 @ 07:10 PM Reply

I was a kid myself the last time I thought having kids would be a good idea.

I work my ass off just to provide for myself and to stay living in NYC. Having kids to deal with every single day, and the drama that comes along with it, would make my life exponentially harder whether I advance in my profession or not. As such, I already made my decision a long time ago: no fucking kids. In the event of an accidental pregnancy, I will push for a prompt abortion, because there's no acceptable alternative. Whoever I end up in a long-term relationship with should be on the same wavelength as I am, and I already have a pretty good idea as to who it's going to be anyway.

'Cause you're feeding the fire within me...
Twitter | NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011

BBS Signature
HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Wanting to have kids Nov. 19th, 2012 @ 10:36 PM Reply

Speaking of abortion, I don't think I would bring myself to suggest/approve of it. If the honey gets prego too early (which I doubt), I would prefer to still have it. I'm not some "pro-life" Neanderthal, but I just don't like offing a child due to me not wanting it.

BBS Signature
satanbrain
satanbrain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to Wanting to have kids Nov. 19th, 2012 @ 10:37 PM Reply

Caring for another being?A wWaste of my time and resources.

(הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים אָמַר קֹהֶלֶת, הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים הַכֹּל הָבֶל. דּוֹר הֹלֵךְ וְדוֹר בָּא, וְהָאָרֶץ לְעוֹלָם עֹמָדֶת. (קהלת א ג, ה

BBS Signature
beardkiller
beardkiller
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Wanting to have kids Nov. 19th, 2012 @ 10:39 PM Reply

Kids are awesome,i know i was one

Hi

BBS Signature
JBK
JBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Wanting to have kids Nov. 19th, 2012 @ 10:43 PM Reply

When I was a kid I didn't even think about that. I just wished I had a little brother so I wasnt the youngest. When I got a little older I started keeping all my old toys to give to my future child. Now I want to give them all to my nephews.

"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox
"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those pants are just adorable"-Gagsy
Last.fm

BBS Signature
HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Wanting to have kids Nov. 19th, 2012 @ 10:47 PM Reply

At 11/19/12 10:43 PM, JBK wrote: When I was a kid I didn't even think about that. I just wished I had a little brother so I wasnt the youngest. When I got a little older I started keeping all my old toys to give to my future child. Now I want to give them all to my nephews.

I wanted a little brother to play video games with. Three years ago, I got one. Too late for that shit.

BBS Signature
Jeff-Teh-Great
Jeff-Teh-Great
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Movie Buff
Response to Wanting to have kids Nov. 19th, 2012 @ 10:52 PM Reply

I never understood the appeal of having kids. I think most people have children for the wrong reasons.

froggerfreak
froggerfreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Programmer
Response to Wanting to have kids Nov. 19th, 2012 @ 10:59 PM Reply

I want to have as many kids as possible and I refuse to take responsibility for any of them.

Valar Morghulis []

BBS Signature
JBK
JBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Wanting to have kids Nov. 19th, 2012 @ 11:00 PM Reply

At 11/19/12 10:47 PM, jjjkuk wrote:
At 11/19/12 10:43 PM, JBK wrote: When I was a kid I didn't even think about that. I just wished I had a little brother so I wasnt the youngest.
I wanted a little brother to play video games with. Three years ago, I got one. Too late for that shit.

Thats how I felt when my nephew was born.

"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox
"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those pants are just adorable"-Gagsy
Last.fm

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Wanting to have kids Nov. 20th, 2012 @ 12:56 PM Reply

At 11/19/12 06:52 PM, D-Nightmare wrote: By the time I get married at around 26, I should be secured in a teaching career with the someone that I'm sure would be worth spending a lifetime with. Life's between that, or considering a vocation that would give me the chance to teach anyway.

Ha, I have a follower! I recently got married at the age of 26, and am a full time teacher in a local secondary school. I also own my own home.

So all in all children is the next step in my life. Saying that I still feel a little young (30 is about right for me), but my wife is a few years older and both of her sisters have had children in the last 2 years. Before then we both felt we didn't want children, but she has completely swung the other way now, and I am slowly coming around to the idea.

Its such a massive decision that will affect the rest of our lives. We are comfortable currently financially, but having a child will challenge that, as well as our desire to travel and see the world. I also don't particularly like young children, hence teaching teenagers. The idea of having one in my home doesn't exactly get me excited, but I would love to have a son or daughter to show the world to. Just only when they are old enough to take it all in :D.

Solution- ditch the baby on the wife, take over when he/she/it hits double figures.

So maybe...

Buy the Newgrounds Writing Anthology
Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
saqwert
saqwert
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Wanting to have kids Nov. 20th, 2012 @ 03:27 PM Reply

I never want a kid ever. Maybe at one point I'll adopt a 17 year old so in 3 months I could kick him out, but he'd carry on the family name. He'd have to give me money too once he becomes a big hollywood man
None of that little kid bullshit no thanks
I'll just pull out

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Wanting to have kids Nov. 20th, 2012 @ 04:22 PM Reply

It could be that we think way differently about it in 10 years from now, but at the moment me and my girlfriend feel like we never want to have kids.

We're both still in uni, struggling to get our careers off the ground, so time and money would be big issues for the coming couple of years. Secondly, it indeed looks to me like once you have kids at least the next 20 years of your life are pretty much determined. Doings fun things like travelling and making trips to places seems to become a lot more difficult. Also, out on the street or in the supermarket I always see these parents with kids that do nothing but whine and cry and scream for attention all the time, which doesn't help my desire to have kids either.

I'm sure they bring a lot of joy and satisfaction too, but right now the downsides heavily seem to outweigh the upsides for me.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 9 June 2014)

BBS Signature
Samuraikyo
Samuraikyo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Filmmaker
Response to Wanting to have kids Nov. 20th, 2012 @ 04:27 PM Reply

24 years old here. I've always wanted a kid ever since I was 17. I really want a son. I'm not really sure why but I definitely want to have kids. While I want to have a son more than anything in the world, I want to have a daughter too. I only get one life and I want the whole living experience so I want both a son and a daughter just to be like..HEY...that's my son...and look, that's my daighter. I plan to have kids maybe in my later twenties but not too much later. I don't want to be old for my kids. So yes, I definitely want kids.

...And maybe also get like a bird or something

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Wanting to have kids Nov. 20th, 2012 @ 04:30 PM Reply

For a long while I have been against the thought of having kids of my own because they are just too much work and while they are rewarding they dominate their parents lives too much. Maybe when I am older and married I will change my mind.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
NeutralObjections
NeutralObjections
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Voice Actor
Response to Wanting to have kids Nov. 20th, 2012 @ 04:31 PM Reply

I plan to have a child.

I mean if it doesn't happen, whatever, but I'd like to put a creature of my own flesh and blood on this Earth and teach him/her what I know.

And hopefully, he/she will make a the world a better place with his/her values.

NeutralObjections
NeutralObjections
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Voice Actor
Response to Wanting to have kids Nov. 20th, 2012 @ 04:33 PM Reply

At 11/19/12 06:36 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: I would rather have aids than a child

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a while ago you stated you preferred large breasts over a nice ass because large breasts produce more milk for offspring.

HollowedPumkinz
HollowedPumkinz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Wanting to have kids Nov. 20th, 2012 @ 04:40 PM Reply

I've always wanted a child as soon as reasonably possible, maybe 24? I don't know, my girlfriend/fiancee at that time would have to want the child as well. Being Mexican and all, I've always adored having a large family, I'd like to have many children perhaps 3 or 4. And, perhaps life won't be too glamorous money wise, but I'd have more happiness than all the single rich unsettled men in the world. There's just some things money will never be able to buy. I find these feelings especially amplified in the winter time when family is emphasized in the media and by the Holidays. I've always wanted to have that feeling of being the head of a large family at Christmas time, watching presents be unwrapped and small children be stunned at cheap old toys. (Hehe, its not till their older that they actually realize what quality presents are anyways) And then I would promptly be able to say fuck the rest of this world, my whole world is only this.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature
Nor
Nor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Reader
Response to Wanting to have kids Nov. 20th, 2012 @ 04:43 PM Reply

When I was younger, maybe in elementary, I wanted to have as many kids as I could imagine. (Probably around 12-15)
Now when I think about this I think it to be ridiculous. I wouldn't be able to do anything for myself or my wife with all those kids.
When I got a little older I still wanted a lot of kids...Now I don't know, but if I have one kid, I would want to have another, because he will be pretty lonely with out one. I couldn't imagine not having my brother with me when I was growing up.
I have to say this thread make me think. I guess my answer on how many kids I would have (If I have any at all) would be two...
I'm not sure right now, like you said my view will probably change later in time.

いないいないばあ

BBS Signature
HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Wanting to have kids Nov. 20th, 2012 @ 04:47 PM Reply

At 11/20/12 04:33 PM, NeutralObjections wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but a while ago you stated you preferred large breasts over a nice ass because large breasts produce more milk for offspring.

Well, just because he doesn't want children, doesn't mean he can't acknowledge the fact that large breasts are more useful.

in several ways

BBS Signature