00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mariobros22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Could God of War 4 happen?

1,301 Views | 16 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Could God of War 4 happen? 2012-11-19 00:55:02

I saw the GoW 3 ending, I know, Kratos kills himself...or it seems. Obviously video game developers have pulled these kind of things together in the past.

How could it work? Who would the villain/s be?

Throw any speculations that may be treated as fact in the future.

I know, God of War Ascension is coming out early next year. Guess what? Not a sequel. That is a prequel so it won't be God of War 4 by any stretch of the imagination. God of War .5, maybe.

Response to Could God of War 4 happen? 2012-11-20 15:07:49

I don't know, maybe. If it is made, people will buy it. The series got them a lot of money, and money talks big time. So, business wise, it is possible that God of War 4 comes out. The same with the idea of Infamous 3 coming out or any other sequel to a game series that will come out.

Response to Could God of War 4 happen? 2012-11-20 15:38:13

Well then they have to let Kratos go if they want to make a fourth sequel. Sure it wouldn't be the same without him, but Kratos no longer have any reason nor motivation for going murderous rampages.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Could God of War 4 happen? 2012-11-20 16:31:43

Well, I remember a couple ideas for the ending, one in particular was Kratos going on to fight the Norse Pantheon.

Course, I'd think it'll probably involve a different protagonist though.

Response to Could God of War 4 happen? 2012-11-20 19:11:43

At 11/20/12 04:31 PM, Runekn wrote: Well, I remember a couple ideas for the ending, one in particular was Kratos going on to fight the Norse Pantheon.

so like... a viking named Ulfric or something?

Response to Could God of War 4 happen? 2012-12-03 04:57:41

God Of War:Ascension comes out next year. I'm sure a 4th will come out.

Response to Could God of War 4 happen? 2012-12-03 11:02:48

I've talked about this with some friends and we all agreed that as far as the ending goes, yes GoW 4 can and will be made. It looks like Kratos kills himself but then boom, camera shows that his body is gone meaning he either crawled away, dug his own grave, then buried himself or he's alive. But as someone already said in this thread they'd have to create a new protagonist. The whole point of the series (as I've understood it) is for Kratos to get revenge of Aires which he did, become the God of War which he did, get revenge on Zeus and all the other Greek Gods for fucking him which he did. He killed them all, the only thing he wanted up until that point. What else does he have left to do?

"On rainy days, I just sit there and make deals with the devil. The fun never ends..."

BBS Signature

Response to Could God of War 4 happen? 2012-12-03 22:42:59

If it actually does continue which is kinda unlikely due to the end of the plot, it will probably be used for milking money. When we're not expecting a prequel its usually for money causes than actually trying to put huge quality into the game. So really I hope GOW 4 does not happen.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Could God of War 4 happen? 2012-12-03 23:08:22

At 11/20/12 03:38 PM, Mismo wrote: Well then they have to let Kratos go if they want to make a fourth sequel. Sure it wouldn't be the same without him, but Kratos no longer have any reason nor motivation for going murderous rampages.

If they continued the series without Kratos people probably won't even buy the game. Some people just wanna buy a GOW game because the main character killing and destroying stuff in his path. People would probably still buy it because its a new GOW game but some of the fans would probably be really disappointed because of the first character not being in the new title.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Could God of War 4 happen? 2012-12-04 21:52:47

At 11/20/12 04:31 PM, Runekn wrote: Well, I remember a couple ideas for the ending, one in particular was Kratos going on to fight the Norse Pantheon.

The idea of splitting into different mythos was David Jaffe's (Director of the first GoW), but I hope they don't use it. With all due respect to Jaffe, that idea was pretty bad in the first place. A different protagonist would mean a totally different game, personally, I'd like to see them make a Hercules game.

If another sequel was to be made, it would be -as others stated- solely to milk money from fans. Even Ascension (which I'm buying O_O) was an excuse to make money, they even added multiplayer just to make it sell more.

I don't see how the story can continue with all antagonists dead, and possibly Kratos himself.

"If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first."

Response to Could God of War 4 happen? 2012-12-05 03:02:32

At 11/20/12 07:11 PM, Freaki-boy92 wrote:

so like... a viking named Ulfric or something?

Haha, clever.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Could God of War 4 happen? 2012-12-18 19:02:44

At 12/3/12 11:02 AM, AntiHero wrote: What else does he have left to do?

That's the kicker.

What if...what if it was a different pantheon of gods, like the Egyptians or Norse gods? It would have to be gods we are all familiar with.

Would people buy a God of War that isn't in a Greek setting, though?

Response to Could God of War 4 happen? 2012-12-18 19:59:36

They're probably using Ascension as a test to see if enough people will still buy God of War, if it sells well then yeah we can probably see God of War 4 being made in the future.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Could God of War 4 happen? 2012-12-18 20:20:15

At 12/18/12 08:16 PM, RacistBassist wrote:
At 12/18/12 08:11 PM, RacistBassist wrote: Kratos fighting the Norse Pantheon. Death hasn't stopped him before. Roman. Babylonian. Etc.
Plot justification? Hel recruits Kratos for Ragnarok.

Would they really need a good justification? Most people suspend their belief in reality, anyways.

I don't believe that a new pantheon means a new antagonist. No where in GoW was it mentioned that the Greek gods were the only ones.

Response to Could God of War 4 happen? 2012-12-18 20:29:05

Kratos has died before. Remember that.

"I've got a motivation problem so my standard break from life is getting longer"

BBS Signature

Response to Could God of War 4 happen? 2012-12-18 21:28:15

Assuming he doesn't actually die, he might go against Athena.

Unless the game has been actually confirmed by Santa Monica Studios, it's just a stupid rumour made to get traffic. I'm pretty sure the IV turned into Ascension.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Could God of War 4 happen? 2012-12-19 23:27:10

Story wise there is absolutely no way that a sequel could arise that takes place after God of War 3 as it would make absolutely no sense and have nothing worthy of a story at all.

So yes I could see God of War 4 coming. As it isn't like the rest of the series ever gave a shit about the story, or anyone playing for that matter. Just add in more pointless violence and god killing with whichever ones are still alive and people will buy it.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature