New Topic Respond to this Topic
Rabbidking
Rabbidking
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
What's Your Take On Indie Bundles? 2012-11-18 00:06:32 Reply

I just recently learned about the Humble Bundle. For those who don't know, it's a special deal where you can get independently developed/published games by paying anything you want for them. However, some extra games and other goodies can also be unlocked if you donate an amount that is above the current average price. The games in the bundles vary wildly, but I've heard of ones that have given away some pretty epic games, including Psychonauts, Braid, and Bastion.

Anyway, I donated around $6.50 for the 11 games in the Humble Bundle for Android 4 promotion, and I got Machinarium Superbrothers: Sword and Sorcery EP, Avadon: the Black Fortress, and more.

So, what do you think about these deals? Have you ever bought a bundle? Drop your thoughts below. Also, if you're feeling like buying a bundle, here's the link to the Humble Bundle's web site:

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Nothing short of seven flavors of awesome sauce... with some extra-violence glaze on the side!

unconsidered
unconsidered
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to What's Your Take On Indie Bundles? 2012-11-18 01:38:40 Reply

I think this is a good idea. The games themselves are fantastic, and the dev's have the flexablility to allow people to create their own price, which makes it appealing to just about everyone. Not to mention the free stuff you get from the purchase, it's almost like they are rewarding you for buying their bundle. So I say good on them.

Ketzelkab
Ketzelkab
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to What's Your Take On Indie Bundles? 2012-11-18 01:47:13 Reply

You almost sound like an advertisement lol. I bought the previous two bundles and they were well worth it to me because I didn't own any of the games besides Braid, and I thought it was a great cheap way to buy them.

I think most peoples' problem with the bundles is that they offer great games that a lot of people already payed full price for, like the last bundle I believe had Amnesia, Braid, Bastion, and Psychonauts. So I can see why some people don't like them.

I also like the DRM-free aspect though, and getting FLAC OSTs is always good.

Twitter | Soundcloud | Follow me?
Let's stalk each other on the interwebs!

dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to What's Your Take On Indie Bundles? 2012-11-18 09:38:16 Reply

I bought the Humble Indie Bundle V since all of the games were great games that I really wanted. One of the best gaming deals I've ever come across.

DVD Collection and Game Collection
Steam: GallifreyanTimeDog
Really need to change this rubbish username.

BBS Signature
Rabbidking
Rabbidking
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to What's Your Take On Indie Bundles? 2012-11-18 18:51:53 Reply

At 11/18/12 01:47 AM, Ketzelkab wrote: You almost sound like an advertisement lol.

My bad. I was just a wee bit excited about buying a bundle for the first time. Although, people have been telling me that I would make a good announcer for stuff...

Nothing short of seven flavors of awesome sauce... with some extra-violence glaze on the side!

sayomgwtf
sayomgwtf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to What's Your Take On Indie Bundles? 2012-11-18 19:01:47 Reply

Never heard of this before, seems interesting tho :)