New Topic Respond to this Topic
MysteriousRyan
MysteriousRyan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Just a Collaboration Idea... 2012-11-17 14:19:52 Reply

now me and a friend have been discussing new collaboration ideas... now I can't use this stuff to save my life but i thought it was a cool idea for us to discuss ideas.

our idea is simple but i would say HARD to pull off.

What our idea is that if we start to make a Storyboard that we want the story to be about and separate it into x amount of times for how many people we want to join in on this.

the plan is simple. make a single segment (No loading or going back to menu to select a different collaboration) but one whole story but made with different art styles that the member uses. example, you could have Egoraptor with his famous art style, but for the next scene you could use Harry Patridge with his unique art style and so forth. but the only major flaw is sharing the RAW data with the main user rather then m

tohoscope
tohoscope
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to Just a Collaboration Idea... 2012-11-17 15:47:19 Reply

Or have one short storyboard and ask animators to animate it in their own style. Seeing the same scene animated by different people.

Jomillex
Jomillex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Animator
Response to Just a Collaboration Idea... 2012-11-17 15:53:22 Reply

At 11/17/12 03:47 PM, tohoscope wrote: Or have one short storyboard and ask animators to animate it in their own style. Seeing the same scene animated by different people.

That would be boring as shit to watch.

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature
tohoscope
tohoscope
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to Just a Collaboration Idea... 2012-11-17 17:20:04 Reply

At 11/17/12 03:53 PM, Jomillex wrote:
At 11/17/12 03:47 PM, tohoscope wrote: Or have one short storyboard and ask animators to animate it in their own style. Seeing the same scene animated by different people.

Really? Why? Care to explain?

KaDoYuu
KaDoYuu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Animator
Response to Just a Collaboration Idea... 2012-11-17 21:00:55 Reply

At 11/17/12 05:20 PM, tohoscope wrote:

I think he means the "Seeing the same scene" part. I'd probably find it moderately entertaining, at most. Seeing the different styles is a good idea, but by the 3rd animation, it would get pretty predictable.

"Trolls are people who long ago gave up the will to live worthwhile lives, and now dedicate themselves to tormenting others, in attempts to drag victims down to their level."

MysteriousRyan
MysteriousRyan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Just a Collaboration Idea... 2012-11-17 22:56:27 Reply

At 11/17/12 09:00 PM, KaDoYuu wrote:
At 11/17/12 05:20 PM, tohoscope wrote:
I think he means the "Seeing the same scene" part. I'd probably find it moderately entertaining, at most. Seeing the different styles is a good idea, but by the 3rd animation, it would get pretty predictable.

i'm not talking about the same scene. think of a anime. from start to finish. it's all one art style. but what if every 10 seconds or so the art style changes to a different person. this is what my idea is. everyone collaberating together to make one long animation.

KaDoYuu
KaDoYuu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Animator
Response to Just a Collaboration Idea... 2012-11-17 23:23:18 Reply

At 11/17/12 10:56 PM, MysteriousRyan wrote:
i'm not talking about the same scene. think of a anime. from start to finish. it's all one art style. but what if every 10 seconds or so the art style changes to a different person. this is what my idea is. everyone collaberating together to make one long animation.

Ah! I know where you're coming from. 1 common storyboard; many styles...

many styles... many styles..

"Trolls are people who long ago gave up the will to live worthwhile lives, and now dedicate themselves to tormenting others, in attempts to drag victims down to their level."

tohoscope
tohoscope
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to Just a Collaboration Idea... 2012-11-18 13:26:56 Reply

Here's a project that does exactly what you're talking about.

Night of the Living Dead Re-animated

Instead of working from a storyboard they took a public domain movie and divided up the scenes.

Jomillex
Jomillex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Animator
Response to Just a Collaboration Idea... 2012-11-18 17:37:53 Reply

• 3-Day Flash Pass
    3-Day Flash Pass by Emrox

Nine artists come together to make an animation in 72 hours!

Score
    4.16 / 5.00
    Type
    Movie
    Popularity
    Rated
    Ages 13+

or this..

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature