New Topic Respond to this Topic
CaptainCornhole
CaptainCornhole
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
The Solution to radical Islam Nov. 17th, 2012 @ 02:06 PM Reply

It is quite simple really. All we have to do is make violent videos games that cater to a Muslim audience. Like in Battlefield and Call of Duty you always play the heroic saintly white Americans who arrive to save the day from the Russians/Iranians. Instead of having radicals shoot up people in real life we can get them addicted to video games, where they take out their frustrations out on and can shoot up NPCs. And we don't have to worry about them trying it in real life cause they will be too addicted trying to rank up, or get some prestige or the next unlock.

leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Solution to radical Islam Nov. 17th, 2012 @ 04:29 PM Reply

At 11/17/12 02:06 PM, CaptainCornhole wrote: It is quite simple really. All we have to do is make violent videos games that cater to a Muslim audience. Like in Battlefield and Call of Duty you always play the heroic saintly white Americans who arrive to save the day from the Russians/Iranians. Instead of having radicals shoot up people in real life we can get them addicted to video games, where they take out their frustrations out on and can shoot up NPCs. And we don't have to worry about them trying it in real life cause they will be too addicted trying to rank up, or get some prestige or the next unlock.

STFU with you ass pump all American Rhetoric/Propaganda as it's getting fucking old and nobody finds it funny anymore. Also get into reality man USA is not reality it is the the USA/americans plugged into the Video game matrix and you are kidding yourself if you think otherwise. Heck even the American Military has a propaganda recruiting tool violent video game that cater to an american audience video game called Americas Army 3 so just stop your trolling as nobody likes American Fascists but American Fascists.

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to The Solution to radical Islam Nov. 17th, 2012 @ 05:58 PM Reply

The majority of the foot soldiers aren't in places where video games would work. I'd be surprised if they had power at all.

LordJaric
LordJaric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Solution to radical Islam Nov. 17th, 2012 @ 06:03 PM Reply

radicalism, in any form, will never end.

Common sense isn't so common anymore
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"
Fanfiction Page

CaptainCornhole
CaptainCornhole
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Solution to radical Islam Nov. 17th, 2012 @ 08:02 PM Reply

At 11/17/12 04:29 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: STFU with you ass pump all American Rhetoric/Propaganda as it's getting fucking old and nobody finds it funny anymore...

Do you ever stop to listen to yourself? Please reread my original post again, hopefully you will find what I'm getting at.

Rome-forger
Rome-forger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Solution to radical Islam Jan. 31st, 2013 @ 11:57 AM Reply

To get ride of the religious extremism there would have to be a change in culture, a change in who was in power, and a great loss in power in for there religion. Note this does not mean to get ride of there religion, just that you get ride of Theocracy.

You see Islam wasn't always like the way it is now. During the Middle ages they were actually a very forward thinking people. They had great astronomists, mathematicians, and many other great scientists and inventors. They were the ones that created algebra and named many of our stars. But then religious extremists took over and all that ended. That's because religious extremism hates science because science causes people to question and think about things. Which is the last thing religious extremists want. They just want people to believe and mindlessly follow them.

At the same time that all this was happening religious extremist were losing a lot of there power in Europe for Christianity. They had to start allowing more research then they did before and this started the Renaissance.

Now I want to make this clear I am not attacking religion itself. I'm attacking religious extremism and Theocracy itself inpurticular. Religion does not need to be in power of the government. My suggestion is to follow your own religion and leave every one else alone.

Jmayer20
Jmayer20
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Solution to radical Islam Jan. 31st, 2013 @ 12:32 PM Reply

The exact time period that Rome-forger was referring to was between 800 AD to 1100 AD. Here is a video talking more about about this time period in Islam and how it ended. The video itself is on youtube which a lot of you may bitch about that not being credible but the video was originally created by Neil deGrasse Tyson who is a very Credible source and he is in the video itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIMifWU5ucU

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to The Solution to radical Islam Jan. 31st, 2013 @ 12:58 PM Reply

easy bomb mecca.

mecca lecca hi mecca hiney ho go BOOM!

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to The Solution to radical Islam Jan. 31st, 2013 @ 01:11 PM Reply

At 1/31/13 12:58 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: easy bomb mecca.

Nope. That is merely a way to turn reglar Islam into something as angry and exponentially more dangerous than the current radical Islam.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to The Solution to radical Islam Jan. 31st, 2013 @ 01:13 PM Reply

At 1/31/13 01:11 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 1/31/13 12:58 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: easy bomb mecca.

Nope. That is merely a way to turn reglar Islam into something as angry and exponentially more dangerous than the current radical Islam.

it was a joke (pee-wee herman) but that would also turn many reform and moderate muslims to turn to extremism also, just swelling there numbers.

Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Solution to radical Islam Jan. 31st, 2013 @ 02:47 PM Reply

well, we could just eliminate all of the muslims. but that would take forever and would end up killing a lot of people who don't need killing.

I say we try the video game idea. might not work on the jihadist bastards already waging holy war, but it would stifle the new generation.

then again, they would send undercover jihadists to america to learn how to make game and then make jihadi video games about muslims killing infidels and we would be back to square 1.

I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to The Solution to radical Islam Jan. 31st, 2013 @ 02:50 PM Reply

At 11/17/12 02:06 PM, CaptainCornhole wrote: And we don't have to worry about them trying it in real life cause they will be too addicted trying to rank up, or get some prestige or the next unlock.

;;;;
Great idea, love it actually
...tell them if they can get to a certain really really difficult rank they will get 73 virgins instead of 72 ~;)

ANd when/if they get to 73, a promise of twins if they can reach the next rank ....& THE BEST PART OF ALL , they can't collect til their dead & even thought there's no way the game creators can pay them in the after life, they'll never be able to complain !
And the lack of complaints can be a selling point ~:)

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

svenisgod
svenisgod
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Solution to radical Islam Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 12:11 AM Reply

I have a simple solution to radical Islam.
Apologise.
Radical Islam in its current form didn't exist before the american empire. The American empire has pushed its influence throughout the world and killed millions in doing so. The reason why radical islam is so powerful is becausd when the Americans bomb another set of civilians the Arabs will go to the only set of people who have any power to act revenge on those who killed their family.
Radical Islam.
They have the weapons the money and the man power. They also offer a family that some young men crave.
If Americans can retreat from their imperialism and apologise for all the killings of innocents and start to try to fix the problems they have cause instead of trying to expand their influence perhaps everyone won't hate them. Perhaps if they spent less on military and more on their people like they did before America would be a country the west looked up to not down upon.
If America stopped being assholes to everyone then perhaps people would like them more but until then you have only yourself to blame.

Also stop defending Israel ffs. They just retracted their embassador to the human rights council in Geneva. How do you defend a country like that as if they are the victims.
They felt the holocaust before so they thought they would do it to another race...

derp derp derp derp derp

Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Solution to radical Islam Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 07:14 AM Reply

At 2/2/13 12:11 AM, svenisgod wrote: I have a simple solution to radical Islam.
Apologise.

that would simply embolden the jihadists. you start apologizing and they'll shout "the infidel pigs lost the will to fight!" and will use it as a tool to recruit more extremists.

Radical Islam in its current form didn't exist before the american empire.

lies.

The American empire has pushed its influence throughout the world and killed millions in doing so. The reason why radical islam is so powerful is becausd when the Americans bomb another set of civilians the Arabs will go to the only set of people who have any power to act revenge on those who killed their family.

Radical Islam has existed for as long as Islam has. They may have had a golden age at one point, but even then, the systematic repression of everything and everyone non islamic was still there. There have been tolerant (sometimes VERY tolerant) Muslim leaders, but the systematic repression was the rule and not the exception. it's even demanded by their prophet that anyone non muslim is to be tolerated only if they're subjugated and submissive to the muslims.

Radical Islam.
They have the weapons the money and the man power. They also offer a family that some young men crave.
If Americans can retreat from their imperialism and apologise for all the killings of innocents and start to try to fix the problems they have cause instead of trying to expand their influence perhaps everyone won't hate them.

you're naivette is disturbing. Jihadists don't care if you apologize, they want to subjugate the world and enforce sharia on everyone and death to those who resist.

Perhaps if they spent less on military and more on their people like they did before America would be a country the west looked up to not down upon.
If America stopped being assholes to everyone then perhaps people would like them more but until then you have only yourself to blame.

that's one hell of a fantasy you got there.

Also stop defending Israel ffs. They just retracted their embassador to the human rights council in Geneva. How do you defend a country like that as if they are the victims.
They felt the holocaust before so they thought they would do it to another race...

Maybe if the muslims would stop the daily attacks on Israel using cowardly tactics like firing rockets from hospitals, this wouldn't be a problem. If your neighbor was throwing rocks at your house on a daily basis and the police said, "We don't give a shit, deal with it yourself" what would you do? just sit there and put up with it? IF your kid was in the yard and the a rock hit him/her, then what? you gonna just put up with it? After all, your neighbor is angry you moved in next door on a piece of property he wanted for himself. It's your own fault he's throwing rocks at your house.

Also, if Israel wanted to commit a holocaust against palestine, they could easily render the entire territory lifeless within days.

stop being blind and ignorant, it doesn't make you intelligent, it makes you foolish.

poxpower
poxpower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to The Solution to radical Islam Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 08:46 AM Reply

Yeah that's worked so well for school shootings too.
erg

BBS Signature
svenisgod
svenisgod
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Solution to radical Islam Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 09:28 AM Reply

At 2/2/13 07:14 AM, Korriken wrote: that would simply embolden the jihadists. you start apologizing and they'll shout "the infidel pigs lost the will to fight!" and will use it as a tool to recruit more extremists.

True. That would happen. but the way to win over hearts and minds is not by bombing the fuck out of civilians with drones (did you hear about the last round of drone strikes in pakistan? yeah. i think it was 63 civilians dead? yeah i wonder why people go to the cause of jihad)

Radical Islam has existed for as long as Islam has. They may have had a golden age at one point, but even then, the systematic repression of everything and everyone non islamic was still there. There have been tolerant (sometimes VERY tolerant) Muslim leaders, but the systematic repression was the rule and not the exception. it's even demanded by their prophet that anyone non muslim is to be tolerated only if they're subjugated and submissive to the muslims.

Oh dont get me wrong i know that radical elements have existed forever. just like they do in christian sects. or hindu sects or the state of israel.
Dont tell me that the bible doesn't tell people that non-believers are pieces of shit just like the koran does or the... fuck whats it called the kabba or something? the jewish text? the jewish text is riddled with it.
Every religion does this shit. every religion says non-believers suck. This does not mean that moderates do not exist or are not the majority.
There have been hugely tolerant leaders as you have said. the islamic world flourished for hundreds of years under tolerant leaders and it was europe that was the backward shithole.
saying that radical islam has always been a facet of islam is saying that bread has always been part of a hamburger.
there will always be radical elements but over the last few decades america has given rise to the islamic extremism that we see.

you're naivette is disturbing. Jihadists don't care if you apologize, they want to subjugate the world and enforce sharia on everyone and death to those who resist.

You paint Salafi's as if they are the majority. This is not a black and white thing. there are plenty of tolerant forward thinking muslims. If you help them realise that America wants to atone for its checkered past then you stem the flow of new recruits.
You will never change the minds of the hardliners. i know that. You can however change the minds of those that could swing either way.

that's one hell of a fantasy you got there.

mmm. it is a wonderful fantasy. i wish it could be true but because americas pride will be hurt if they do they never will
ah well a man can dream.

Maybe if the muslims would stop the daily attacks on Israel using cowardly tactics like firing rockets from hospitals, this wouldn't be a problem. If your neighbor was throwing rocks at your house on a daily basis and the police said, "We don't give a shit, deal with it yourself" what would you do? just sit there and put up with it? IF your kid was in the yard and the a rock hit him/her, then what? you gonna just put up with it? After all, your neighbor is angry you moved in next door on a piece of property he wanted for himself. It's your own fault he's throwing rocks at your house.

Israel plopped itself down in the middle east because western nations said it could. it took land from those already there. the initial anger that palestine had over that could have subsided if Israel treated the native populace with respect and equality.
Israel never did that. it started its apartheid regime immediately. It subjugated the populace and took their land and keep taking their land. Palestinians have no rights. They are killed with impunity Israel uses white phosphorous on the palestinians it goes to war with gaza every election cycle.
Israel shows palestinians no mercy and you expect that the palestinians shouldn't fight back?
Where do you get these stories of Palestinians fighting from hospitals? american media? israeli media?
You say that the neighbours are angry you moved into a land they wanted for themself.
I would want to live in my own house. if someone moved in an started squating on my land i would expect him to leave. If he wouldn't leave i would expect him to think of me as equal considering it was my land beforehand.

Also, if Israel wanted to commit a holocaust against palestine, they could easily render the entire territory lifeless within days.

stop being blind and ignorant, it doesn't make you intelligent, it makes you foolish.

Good insult bro. does wonders for your argument.

Ok genocide was over-zealous. They would much rather treat arabs like second-class citizens and systematically push them out of their land. Its much easier that way. That way all they get is sanctions from countries instead of outright war.

derp derp derp derp derp

Jmayer20
Jmayer20
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Solution to radical Islam Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 02:17 PM Reply

Apologise.
Radical Islam in its current form didn't exist before the american empire. The American empire has pushed its influence throughout the world and killed millions in doing so. The reason why radical islam is so powerful is becausd when the Americans bomb another set of civilians the Arabs will go to the only set of people who have any power to act revenge on those who killed their family.

Well that is complete and utter BULL SHIT! You know when I was talking about Islam back when they were more forward thinking and advancing between 800 AD to 1100 AD, It ended because of radical Islam and radical Islam has thrived and remained in control ever since. In case your to stupid to realize this happened LONG before the United Stats of America even existed. So that is why I say your claim that the "American Empire" as you call it, is the cause of radical Islam is complete BULL SHIT!

Finally why do people like you like to portray the United States as being the bad guys? The world is not as simple as Americans are the bad guys and cause every thing bad in the world to happen. Even if we did every thing you say there would still be radical Muslims out there. Just look at what is happening in Mali. If we were to listen to people like you then we would believe that every thing bad that is and has ever happened is Americas fault. Why did Hitler have the death camps, Americans. Why did Stalin kill so many of his own people, Americans. Why was Hitler and Stalin born, Americans. Why did Genghis khan kill so many people, Americans. Why did every war and disaster happen natural or other wise, Americans. So as you can see I am fed up with this America is pure evil bull shit. Yes our country has done bad things in the past but don't give me this shit about it being the cause for everything bad in the world and it being the worst country in the world for the world in more complicated then that.

Fim
Fim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Audiophile
Response to The Solution to radical Islam Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 02:55 PM Reply

I think the answer needs to grow organically from muslim moderates in their own countries, I don't see any solution implemented from the west, or western influenced politics working. The same way that people in England have set up EAF and anti-racism groups to oppose pickets by the EDF whenever they do a demonstration.

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to The Solution to radical Islam Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 03:42 PM Reply

At 2/2/13 02:55 PM, Fim wrote: The same way that people in England have set up EAF and anti-racism groups to oppose pickets by the EDF whenever they do a demonstration.

You can't drown out a true extremist. Unlike what we would consider extremists in our own developed countries, true extremists will always take it one step further, to the point where the only way to match them (let alone drown them out) is to become them.

Putting the pressure on the moderates to drown out the extremists in such circumstances is asking more than anyone can give. All it ends up doing is creating animosity toward the moderates, when they agree with everything you dislike about the extremists. Few things are better at fomenting extremism than undeserved animosity.

Fim
Fim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Audiophile
Response to The Solution to radical Islam Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 03:54 PM Reply

At 2/2/13 03:42 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 2/2/13 02:55 PM, Fim wrote: The same way that people in England have set up EAF and anti-racism groups to oppose pickets by the EDF whenever they do a demonstration.
You can't drown out a true extremist. Unlike what we would consider extremists in our own developed countries, true extremists will always take it one step further, to the point where the only way to match them (let alone drown them out) is to become them.

True, but if societal norms feircy oppose or ostracise people with those extreme views then less people will be likely to go over to that side. The main problem with radical islam is that it can be preached in such a way that it fits in with the islamic faith, moderate islams need to find a way to tackle this in their own culture because it is a fundamental stem of terrorism.

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Solution to radical Islam Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 04:15 PM Reply

At 2/2/13 12:11 AM, svenisgod wrote: Radical Islam in its current form didn't exist before the american empire.

Hmm. I suppose you aren't familiar with the Crusades? Or Saladin? Or the little chunk of land they've been fighting over since damn near the beginning of time?

They were fucking shit up long before the New World was even discovered

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Solution to radical Islam Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 04:16 PM Reply

At 2/2/13 04:15 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
At 2/2/13 12:11 AM, svenisgod wrote: Radical Islam in its current form didn't exist before the american empire.
Hmm. I suppose you aren't familiar with the Crusades? Or Saladin? Or the little chunk of land they've been fighting over since damn near the beginning of time?

Also, let's not forget the fucking Ottoman Empire

science-is-fun
science-is-fun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Solution to radical Islam Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 04:43 PM Reply

You think no one has thought of that before? Their dictators are already trying to distract them with cinema, religion, sport etcetera...

svenisgod
svenisgod
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Solution to radical Islam Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 04:53 PM Reply

At 2/2/13 02:17 PM, Jmayer20 wrote:
Apologise.
Well that is complete and utter BULL SHIT! You know when I was talking about Islam back when they were more forward thinking and advancing between 800 AD to 1100 AD, It ended because of radical Islam and radical Islam has thrived and remained in control ever since. In case your to stupid to realize this happened LONG before the United Stats of America even existed. So that is why I say your claim that the "American Empire" as you call it, is the cause of radical Islam is complete BULL SHIT!

Finally why do people like you like to portray the United States as being the bad guys? The world is not as simple as Americans are the bad guys and cause every thing bad in the world to happen. Even if we did every thing you say there would still be radical Muslims out there. Just look at what is happening in Mali. If we were to listen to people like you then we would believe that every thing bad that is and has ever happened is Americas fault. Why did Hitler have the death camps, Americans. Why did Stalin kill so many of his own people, Americans. Why was Hitler and Stalin born, Americans. Why did Genghis khan kill so many people, Americans. Why did every war and disaster happen natural or other wise, Americans. So as you can see I am fed up with this America is pure evil bull shit. Yes our country has done bad things in the past but don't give me this shit about it being the cause for everything bad in the world and it being the worst country in the world for the world in more complicated then that.

Those are some good words youve put in my mouth. i didn't, however, say any of them.
America is pure evil but dont get me wrong most other powerful states are. i'm not saying that america is any worse than say russia or china or iran but i'm not saying they are any better.
What exactly is happening in Mali? i would sincerely like to hear your version of events.

Look i'm not saying radical islam are the good guys but when it comes to radicalism it doesn't just get popular for no reason. people run to radicalism as a response to great outside threats.

So because you have an extensive knowledge of the islamic world you could perhaps tell me how the current regime in Iran came into power? (i'll give you a hint. it was a response to american imperialism)

You say that america isn't responsible at all for radical islam. OK cool. thats your standpoint, now defend it. All you did was call it bullshit and left it at that. You must know how many innocent civilians american soldiers have killed over the years and how american influence is all over the middle east. explain to me how this wars the american empire has started all over the middle east doesn't give jihadists all the ammo they need to convince young impressionable and angry muslim men to join the cause of jihad?
You cant just call me names and expect thats an argument.

derp derp derp derp derp

svenisgod
svenisgod
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Solution to radical Islam Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 04:59 PM Reply

At 2/2/13 04:15 PM, LemonCrush wrote:

They were fucking shit up long before the New World was even discovered

Sorry about the double post but i didnt see this.

What exactly are you saying?
I am familiar with the crusades. Where christians decided they wanted the holy land their bible talked about but was actually inhabited by someone else so they took it in a series of bloody and ultimately futile wars ending thousands of lives to steal something that wasn't theirs?
Yeah i recall hearing about it but i dont see how muslims were at fault. they were the defenders not the attackers....

again there seems to be a problem with you guys. you expect that if you start a war that people wont fight back and get pissy and self-righteous when they do....

derp derp derp derp derp

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Solution to radical Islam Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 05:47 PM Reply

At 2/2/13 04:59 PM, svenisgod wrote: Yeah i recall hearing about it but i dont see how muslims were at fault. they were the defenders not the attackers....

Well, no, you see the Crusades were a response to Muslim aggression into Europe.

The first Crusade was in 1096...

Prior to that Muslims had invaded (and conquered parts of) Europe. In the early 700's they had conquered Spain, and were working their way into France. In the 800's they began persecution of Christians and Jews, destroying churches and temples. In fact, Jews and Christians were required to wear certain clothes in public, so they could be identified. And this isn't even counting the disgusting things they did to Jews and Christians in Jerusalem.

Yes, the Crusades were a long, long time coming for them. And then of course you have all the fucked up shit they did after the first Crusade like Antioch in the 1200's.

MY view is this. The middle east, muslim, jew, christian, or whatever, is just a really fucked up place. It has been constant violence there since the beginning. And this is known throughout history. They're fucking brutal. Even Genghis Khan, one of the greatest conquerors and military strategists ever know, avoided it. Middle eastern culture is stuck in the savagery of the stone age. While the rest of the world has advanced in human rights, society, and technology, they have not. The middle east is a pit.

Now, for those who are unsure of my beliefs, the above may sound like I just want the whole ME turned into a parking lot. But this is not the case. I think we should just let them be. Fighting a war with them will not help anything. They are fucked beyond belief, and always have been, there's no point at all in entangling yourself in that mess. And what's worse is, you have idiots like Bush and Obama who think killing them will stop it. But all that does is poke the hornet's nest. I say we get the fuck out of there, and just let them kill each other if that's what they want.

Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Solution to radical Islam Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 06:27 PM Reply

At 2/2/13 09:28 AM, svenisgod wrote:
True. That would happen. but the way to win over hearts and minds is not by bombing the fuck out of civilians with drones (did you hear about the last round of drone strikes in pakistan? yeah. i think it was 63 civilians dead? yeah i wonder why people go to the cause of jihad)

you don't win the hearts and minds of people who want to impose sharia on the world. that's like trying to convince Jesse Jackson to shut up. it's not going to happen.

Oh dont get me wrong i know that radical elements have existed forever. just like they do in christian sects. or hindu sects or the state of israel.

You gotta stop taking everything you're told at face value. Does Israel do some questionable things? of course. they're no worse than any other nation, though. If anything Israel is very restrained, given they've put up with rocket attacks on an almost daily basis for years and doesn't forcefully put a permanent stop to the attacks. How hard do you think it would be for Israel to turn 10 miles of Palestine into a barren wasteland, devoid of any large buildings? Given the abilities of their military, it would not be that hard to level a few cities entirely. between bombing runs, bulldozers and mortars, turning a city into a wasteland wouldn't be too hard.

Dont tell me that the bible doesn't tell people that non-believers are pieces of shit just like the koran does or the... fuck whats it called the kabba or something? the jewish text? the jewish text is riddled with it.

You don't even know what the Torah is? jeez, how little DO you know? At least study up on what you're talking about before you go talking.

Also, you shouldn't comment on what you don't know about. Given you've never read the Torah, and I doubt the Bible and Koran, and yet you know what it says. Was there war in the Torah/Bible? yes. Was there a lot of killing? of course. Was there a lot of things we'd consider questionable if not outright sickening? naturally. however, you have to realize that the holy books served a lot of different purposes. It's more than just "what god told people to write" it was a book on laws, customs, songs, poetry, wisdom and loaded with metaphors and legends (many of which are rather unlikely). Funny thing is, there are a LOT of things in the Torah, things the Jews knew that people didn't understand or know until much, much later. for instance, not eating fish without find and scales. most of them are scavengers and tend to eat decomposing flesh and carry diseases. Also, it's now widely known that eating things like pork can be horrible for your health and end up with a number of parasites and diseases if you eat under cooked pork.

Every religion does this shit. every religion says non-believers suck. This does not mean that moderates do not exist or are not the majority.

ALL of them? let's see you back up that statement with some evidence.

There have been hugely tolerant leaders as you have said. the islamic world flourished for hundreds of years under tolerant leaders and it was europe that was the backward shithole.

well if you mean the Ottoman Empire, it's not exactly what I would call a "tolerant" time, given the non muslim communities were often heavily taxed and were forced to give up children to serve as slaves in the ottoman army. Golden Age of Islam? definitely. Golden Age of Tolerance? HELL NO! Non muslims were the lowest of the low, cattle to be used for milk (taxes) and livestock production (children) many communities had to give up 20% of more of their male children, who were forced into Islam and were slaves to their muslim masters. Many of them could and did reach rather high ranks in the government, but they were still slaves, in the end. when they died, whatever wealth they accumulated went to the Sultan and their children started over at the bottom of the ladder. Most slaves, however, were used in the military. Of course, it was a clever system. take children from a young age, make them your obedient servants, and train them for whatever task you want them to handle, be it scholarly, or military.

They were suppressed in many of the same ways they are today. want to rise up in the world? hell no, you're not a muslim! They were allowed to exist in their own part of town, do as they do, but were not free to, say, settle in a muslim part of town.

there will always be radical elements but over the last few decades america has given rise to the islamic extremism that we see.

last few Decades? like I said before, don't take everything you're told to believe at face value. Islamic Extremism has been around WELL before world war 2. Islam usually puts up with non muslims who are subjugated and are little more than slaves. Islam does NOT tolerate any non muslim who claims to be an equal. Muslims put up with Christians and Jews because they were subjugated and subjugated people have their uses, like going jobs not suitable for their muslim masters.

You paint Salafi's as if they are the majority. This is not a black and white thing. there are plenty of tolerant forward thinking muslims. If you help them realise that America wants to atone for its checkered past then you stem the flow of new recruits.

Perhaps, but Jihadists, which are the problem, want you and me dead or enslaved. they don't care if you apologize or try to make amends. the only amends they want is for us to bow to them and accept their rule.

mmm. it is a wonderful fantasy. i wish it could be true but because americas pride will be hurt if they do they never will
ah well a man can dream.

it won't happen because Islam says that you can't accept non muslims as equals. they don't want us as their equals, they want us kneeling before them.

Israel plopped itself down in the middle east because western nations said it could. it took land from those already there. the initial anger that palestine had over that could have subsided if Israel treated the native populace with respect and equality.
Israel never did that. it started its apartheid regime immediately. It subjugated the populace and took their land and keep taking their land. Palestinians have no rights. They are killed with impunity

Funny, I haven't heard of Palestinians being indiscriminately slaughtered in the streets of Israel. Do show me a link of this heinous carnage.

it goes to war with gaza every election cycle.

you mean the SAME Gaza strip that's been launching rockets at Israel?

Israel shows palestinians no mercy and you expect that the palestinians shouldn't fight back?

you mean the lack of mercy they show by not rolling in tanks and bulldozers to create a large enough buffer zone of rubble to put Israel safely out of reach of rockets?

Where do you get these stories of Palestinians fighting from hospitals? american media? israeli media?

Where did you get YOUR information? al Jazeera? Jihad.com?

I would want to live in my own house.

bullshit.

Ok genocide was over-zealous.

over zealous? no. it was ignorant and blind. it's what you've been fed. it's what you've been led to believe. Now that you've put it out there and have seen just how bad the argument was, you try to backpedal on it.

Have you ever wondered what they hope to achieve by using rocket attacks? Think about it. it doesn't kill very many people and it eventually gets a targeted response from Israel. the rocket attacks are a recruitment tool. they launch rockets in, then play victim when Israel strikes back. that way it riles up the ignorant masses into joining jihadist organizations. If Israel attacks, it's a recruitment tool showing "israelis massacring innocents!" if they don't strike back "Israel is weak, it's time for conquest in the name of Allah!" and it a recruiting tool

now, before writing some teleprompted response you got from some website, think for a moment on this question, "What good are the rocket attacks?" the answer is obvious. they don't do much. it's not fighting back as it's horribly ineffective. firing rockets into israel won't deter the israeli military from acting. so, why?

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to The Solution to radical Islam Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 07:56 PM Reply

At 11/17/12 02:06 PM, CaptainCornhole wrote: It is quite simple really. All we have to do is make violent videos games that cater to a Muslim audience. Like in Battlefield and Call of Duty you always play the heroic saintly white Americans who arrive to save the day from the Russians/Iranians.

You do realize that the main protagonist of Call of Duty is a British S.A.S agent named Captain Price, right?, never mind that you also play as various other nations as well in those games, but that's not the point. The point is that making violent video games to a Muslim audience isn't going to be any different than the 99% of people who play violent video games in the first place.

Unless you're making a joke, this is just not going to work. Especially when the Muslims love to have a bitchfit with said games in the first place, which makes this all a work futile.

Instead of having radicals shoot up people in real life we can get them addicted to video games, where they take out their frustrations out on and can shoot up NPCs. And we don't have to worry about them trying it in real life cause they will be too addicted trying to rank up, or get some prestige or the next unlock.

2 problems with that argument:

1. They already do this in real life already, against either foreign armies or each other all the time. Why give them controllers to game systems that they won't use or even have, when they can act out all that stuff in the game in real life? I would think that there would be more pride and honor in killing a real terrorist than one in a video game.

2. The fallacy that they would be addicted to video games, and then they would stop shooting each other in real life is absolutely laughable. While we're at it, why not give them horror movies to scare themselves straight from radicalism?

Radical Islam will never go away, especially when the environment around them is rife with tyranny, discrimination and religious hate, in which they feed off of. Also considering that the majority of them are backwards thinking and even act like barbarians instead of civilized people, you just know that radicalism in the Middle East is the norm and will never change.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Warforger
Warforger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Solution to radical Islam Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 09:24 PM Reply

At 2/2/13 06:27 PM, Korriken wrote: you don't win the hearts and minds of people who want to impose sharia on the world. that's like trying to convince Jesse Jackson to shut up. it's not going to happen.

I haven't heard of a sizeable group of people who have called for that only a few radical clerics. Not even Al-Qaeda has called for this, that alone should say books about how insane it is.

At 2/2/13 06:27 PM, Korriken wrote: ALL of them? let's see you back up that statement with some evidence.

Not every religion is like that, but every major religion has its radicals who discriminate against other religions. Even Buddhism and Hinduism (for reference look up Sri Lanka and the Rakhine state of Myanmar).

well if you mean the Ottoman Empire, it's not exactly what I would call a "tolerant" time, given the non muslim communities were often heavily taxed and were forced to give up children to serve as slaves in the ottoman army.

Not exactly. I think slavery is a bit harsh of a term to describe the system of the Mamluks, it's more or less indoctrination, think of say the Allegory of the Cave from Plato's republic. This is because these "slaves" were trusted with governorships (Muhammed Ali was after all an ethnic Albanian born in Macedonia), they also became scientists, engineers etc. many parents willingly gave their children to this system so that they may have a better life. But they weren't chosen because they were Christian, they were more or less chosen because they were outsiders, people who had no previous allegiance to anyone other than the Sultan in the area they were governing. So was it slavery? In strict terms yes, was it Chattel Slavery (the slavery we think of, you know the African slaves) no it wasn't. The Ottomans also gave alot of wiggle room for local religions allowing local churches to operate (since they knew that they wouldn't control the area for long if they didn't) but gave a Muslim bias nonetheless. Now towards the end of their European empire they did become savage, but their European subjects responded with equal savagery against the Turkish settlers. They weren't perfect but they weren't exactly the oppressive monsters you're trying to paint them as.

Golden Age of Islam? definitely. Golden Age of Tolerance? HELL NO! Non muslims were the lowest of the low, cattle to be used for milk (taxes) and livestock production (children) many communities had to give up 20% of more of their male children, who were forced into Islam and were slaves to their muslim masters. Many of them could and did reach rather high ranks in the government, but they were still slaves, in the end. when they died, whatever wealth they accumulated went to the Sultan and their children started over at the bottom of the ladder. Most slaves, however, were used in the military. Of course, it was a clever system. take children from a young age, make them your obedient servants, and train them for whatever task you want them to handle, be it scholarly, or military.

I don't think the Golden Age of Islam extended to the Ottoman Empire, so I'm not sure how true this was.

They were suppressed in many of the same ways they are today. want to rise up in the world? hell no, you're not a muslim! They were allowed to exist in their own part of town, do as they do, but were not free to, say, settle in a muslim part of town.

This isn't true for all Muslims. Lebanon used to have various religious groups living amongst each other (the conflict that ended up going into Civil War was because the government was based on an ethnic proportion that became outdated).

last few Decades? like I said before, don't take everything you're told to believe at face value. Islamic Extremism has been around WELL before world war 2.

It's technically always existed to an extent, but the modern form of Islamic Extremism didn't emerge until Nasser especially with the writings of Qutb who inspired most of the philosophical basis for modern Islamic extremism. On top of this Islamic Extremists built up their support by opposing the Socialist Dictators (Nasser, Hussein, Assad etc.) and their oppression.

Islam usually puts up with non muslims who are subjugated and are little more than slaves. Islam does NOT tolerate any non muslim who claims to be an equal. Muslims put up with Christians and Jews because they were subjugated and subjugated people have their uses, like going jobs not suitable for their muslim masters.

I'd call bullshit on that. Muslims are like any other group, they don't follow such a strict interpretation universally. If that were true then India would not have elected a Muslim President.

Perhaps, but Jihadists, which are the problem, want you and me dead or enslaved. they don't care if you apologize or try to make amends. the only amends they want is for us to bow to them and accept their rule.

Again the Jihadists don't want a global empire, if you for example read Bin Laden's messages to the West you can see how their goals are skewed into a overarching scheme. All Bin Laden called for was a withdrawal of Western forces in the Middle East and the creation of an Islamic state in the Middle East, he didn't call for a worldwide Islamic empire.

it won't happen because Islam says that you can't accept non muslims as equals. they don't want us as their equals, they want us kneeling before them.

So does Christianity and Judaism. That doesn't mean Christians and Jews don't accept other people as equals.

Funny, I haven't heard of Palestinians being indiscriminately slaughtered in the streets of Israel. Do show me a link of this heinous carnage.

During the 1948 war that was actually more or less true, there were stories of British troops filling up Bus's with Arabs and then detonating those bus's. But Israel back then is alot different than the current Israel, Israel was created out of Terrorism and genocide true in 1948 and during the Ancient Kingdom.

Have you ever wondered what they hope to achieve by using rocket attacks? Think about it. it doesn't kill very many people and it eventually gets a targeted response from Israel. the rocket attacks are a recruitment tool. they launch rockets in, then play victim when Israel strikes back. that way it riles up the ignorant masses into joining jihadist organizations. If Israel attacks, it's a recruitment tool showing "israelis massacring innocents!" if they don't strike back "Israel is weak, it's time for conquest in the name of Allah!" and it a recruiting tool

Yah they haven't shown any sign of even trying to justify it. They openly say all they want to do is get rid of the Jews and people are surprised Israel cares so much about it.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.
" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature
Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Solution to radical Islam Feb. 2nd, 2013 @ 11:13 PM Reply

At 2/2/13 09:24 PM, Warforger wrote:
I haven't heard of a sizeable group of people who have called for that only a few radical clerics. Not even Al-Qaeda has called for this, that alone should say books about how insane it is.

true, it is just a few radical clerics. but, then you got all of their followers to deal with.

At 2/2/13 06:27 PM, Korriken wrote:
Not every religion is like that, but every major religion has its radicals who discriminate against other religions. Even Buddhism and Hinduism (for reference look up Sri Lanka and the Rakhine state of Myanmar).

yes, I'm aware of it, and I find radical Buddhism to be rather ironic.

This isn't true for all Muslims. Lebanon used to have various religious groups living amongst each other (the conflict that ended up going into Civil War was because the government was based on an ethnic proportion that became outdated).

last few Decades? like I said before, don't take everything you're told to believe at face value. Islamic Extremism has been around WELL before world war 2.
It's technically always existed to an extent, but the modern form of Islamic Extremism didn't emerge until Nasser especially with the writings of Qutb who inspired most of the philosophical basis for modern Islamic extremism. On top of this Islamic Extremists built up their support by opposing the Socialist Dictators (Nasser, Hussein, Assad etc.) and their oppression.
I'd call bullshit on that. Muslims are like any other group, they don't follow such a strict interpretation universally. If that were true then India would not have elected a Muslim President.

Perhaps, but India isn't strictly a muslim country either. Do you think a non muslim leader would be tolerated in a country that is primarily muslim? not likely. but that's the difference between a secular nation like India and a country like Egypt which has a constitution basically stating that the nation's religion is Islam. Can you imagine the chaos that would ensue if a Coptic Christian was somehow elected Prime Minister of Egypt? there would be rioting in the streets.

Again the Jihadists don't want a global empire, if you for example read Bin Laden's messages to the West you can see how their goals are skewed into a overarching scheme. All Bin Laden called for was a withdrawal of Western forces in the Middle East and the creation of an Islamic state in the Middle East, he didn't call for a worldwide Islamic empire.

groups like al Qaeda need conflict. they have to have conflict or else the group falls apart. after the destruction of Israel and the domination of Islam of the entire middle east, then what? They need a new target to direct their jihadists at. In my opinion, their next target would probably be Spain.

So does Christianity and Judaism. That doesn't mean Christians and Jews don't accept other people as equals.

I find that Christians are some of the least pious people I know. also, where does it say that christians shouldn't accept others as equals?

During the 1948 war that was actually more or less true, there were stories of British troops filling up Bus's with Arabs and then detonating those bus's. But Israel back then is alot different than the current Israel, Israel was created out of Terrorism and genocide true in 1948 and during the Ancient Kingdom.

yeah that's pretty fucked up. but that was also over 60 years ago.

Yah they haven't shown any sign of even trying to justify it. They openly say all they want to do is get rid of the Jews and people are surprised Israel cares so much about it.

point I was trying to make is, Palestine is taunting and harassing Israel, provoking them to attack. when they do attack, which is what they WANT to happen, they play the victim by dragging out the dead bodies. About the only way Israel is going to put a stop to this permanently would be to do what the muslims have been accusing them of this whole time. some wanton carnage and flatten the entirety of the Gaza Strip and remove everyone from it. sometimes, you really do have to punch the big mouth asshole in the jaw hard enough to knock him on his ass to get him to leave you alone.