New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheLulzyArtist
TheLulzyArtist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Lord Lulzy's Art Thread 2012-11-16 13:41:21 Reply

I have decided to create an art thread mainly so I don't have to make a thread each time I want a critique and everything will be in one place. I also have a bad habit of deleting/trashing practice instead of keeping it for later reference, so hopefully I'll post somethings here that I can use for later. In this thread I will post sketches, works in progress, things that I would like to have critiqued and other art related stuff.

Feel free to comment, critique and leave suggestions. I value your feedback as long as it's useful.

"In Lulz We Trust"

BBS Signature
TheLulzyArtist
TheLulzyArtist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Lord Lulzy's Art Thread 2012-11-16 13:50:00 Reply

A completed piece. This was created while exploring outside my comfort zone. A distorted image of Mitt Romney because he is a wrapped man with broken logic.

Tools: Pencils ranging from 8B to 4H, erasers.
Canvas Size: 18" x 24"
Time spent: unknown

I wont be submitting this to the portal because the image is too big to scan and I don't have a high quality camera, if it's not presentable I most likely wont show it.

Lord Lulzy's Art Thread

"In Lulz We Trust"

BBS Signature
TheLulzyArtist
TheLulzyArtist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Lord Lulzy's Art Thread 2012-11-16 13:58:52 Reply

Trying something new, I will have a colored background but it will be done in such away that it doesn't take away from the feather.

Tools: Micron Art Pens 01, 03 & 05, oil pastels will be used for the background.
Canvas Size: 18" x 24"
Time spent: WIP

Lord Lulzy's Art Thread

"In Lulz We Trust"

BBS Signature
TheLulzyArtist
TheLulzyArtist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Lord Lulzy's Art Thread 2012-11-16 14:08:55 Reply

Here I made a composition change because the 1st one was just terrible. I will add pipes and twist bars to the rubble. I'm also aware in the better composition I made her legs too short, will lengthen them. If you have any suggestion please feel free to leave a comment. This is based off of Madoka Magica.

Tools: Photoshop CS6 & Wacom Tablet Bamboo
Canvas Size: 5760px X
Time spent: WIP

Lord Lulzy's Art Thread

"In Lulz We Trust"

BBS Signature
Mownkey
Mownkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Lord Lulzy's Art Thread 2012-11-16 14:09:36 Reply

Umm?

TheLulzyArtist
TheLulzyArtist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Lord Lulzy's Art Thread 2012-11-16 14:12:40 Reply

At 11/16/12 02:09 PM, Mownkey wrote: Umm?

I'm aware of those old threads and I don't plan on bumping them because they are irrelevant now, but this thread will contain all future critiques I ask for along with WIPs and sketches.

"In Lulz We Trust"

BBS Signature
Mownkey
Mownkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Lord Lulzy's Art Thread 2012-11-16 14:17:39 Reply

At 11/16/12 02:12 PM, TheLulzyArtist wrote: I'm aware of those old threads and I don't plan on bumping them because they are irrelevant now, but this thread will contain all future critiques I ask for along with WIPs and sketches.

Why irrelevant? You just make one thread and then stick all your art to it. Even if the thread is very old, you have the right to bump it with a new art piece.

TheLulzyArtist
TheLulzyArtist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Lord Lulzy's Art Thread 2012-11-16 14:25:05 Reply

At 11/16/12 02:17 PM, Mownkey wrote:
At 11/16/12 02:12 PM, TheLulzyArtist wrote: I'm aware of those old threads and I don't plan on bumping them because they are irrelevant now, but this thread will contain all future critiques I ask for along with WIPs and sketches.
Why irrelevant? You just make one thread and then stick all your art to it. Even if the thread is very old, you have the right to bump it with a new art piece.

Well I guess it's too late to do that now, I plan to stick all my art to this one and this one only.

"In Lulz We Trust"

BBS Signature