Be a Supporter!

Boycott Papa Johns

  • 3,440 Views
  • 151 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Boycott Papa Johns Nov. 16th, 2012 @ 07:49 PM Reply

At 11/16/12 07:42 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
At 11/16/12 07:10 PM, TheRipper00 wrote:
So in conclusion, He is charging more, and NOT paying more.
Wow.

The biggest problem is Papa Johns does not even offer full tim employment so as to be considered a real job with real benefits packages. The real issue here is that it's the unskilled workers fault for choosing to work such shit jobs in where the employee gets exploited for max profit to the share holders and CEOs and not taken care of even the basics essentials of life for services rendered.


BBS Signature
Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to Boycott Papa Johns Nov. 17th, 2012 @ 01:02 AM Reply

At 11/16/12 07:42 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
At 11/16/12 07:10 PM, TheRipper00 wrote:
So in conclusion, He is charging more, and NOT paying more.
Wow.

He IS charging more and not paying more, and if you can't see that, then you are simply blinded by Fox News ideology. I have seen you post, and it seems like you are unable to take individual situations without being completely partisan about the whole thing.

Papa Johns is using Obamacare as a smokescreen to charge more, and become richer, because he knows that the hillbillies who make up the base of your party will buy MORE of his pizza at a HIGHER price BECAUSE he is taking this false stand. That IS good business, but it's being a lousy person. Dude already has a golf course in his backyard and a revolving garage JUST FOR HIS LIMOS. Seriously...


no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
SmilezRoyale
SmilezRoyale
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Boycott Papa Johns Nov. 17th, 2012 @ 02:36 PM Reply

At 11/17/12 01:02 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
At 11/16/12 07:42 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
At 11/16/12 07:10 PM, TheRipper00 wrote:
So in conclusion, He is charging more, and NOT paying more.
Wow.
He IS charging more and not paying more, and if you can't see that, then you are simply blinded by Fox News ideology. I have seen you post, and it seems like you are unable to take individual situations without being completely partisan about the whole thing.

Papa Johns is using Obamacare as a smokescreen to charge more, and become richer,

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/15/papa-johns-obamacar e-ians-pizza_n_2133050.html

Quoting from the Huffpo article.

However, in the case of Papa John's, a portion of its employees are already paid at minimum wage, Gruber pointed out. "So you canâEUTMt reduce wages for those employees, and the firm may have to increase prices a little bit,âEU he said.

Of course I'm somewhat embarrassed since that wasn't the particular reason I gave, and I hadn't thought of it much myself.

There are some dumb things said in the article also but I'm only doing it to provide you with a non-fox-news-source [Sources should not matter per say, there are empirical observations and economic analysis, analysis is something we can do for ourselves] which contests your claim for the reasons behind the price increases.

It seems more likely, as the article suggests, that the price increases are more a political statement than an excuse to raise money. [More likely doesn't mean it's the reason, just that as a reason it is more likely] since, as they said, the price increases will be small.


On a moving train there are no centrists, only radicals and reactionaries.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Boycott Papa Johns Nov. 17th, 2012 @ 09:25 PM Reply

At 11/17/12 01:02 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote: He IS charging more and not paying more, and if you can't see that, then you are simply blinded by Fox News ideology. I have seen you post, and it seems like you are unable to take individual situations without being completely partisan about the whole thing.

Math = Fox News logic. Christ. Talk about partisan.

Dude already has a golf course in his backyard and a revolving garage JUST FOR HIS LIMOS. Seriously...

Oh no! Success! Money! Run!

leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Boycott Papa Johns Nov. 17th, 2012 @ 10:46 PM Reply

At 11/17/12 09:25 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
Oh no! Success! Money! Run!

Overzealous greed is a different thing than success. I find it sad how many people think they are one and the same.


BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Boycott Papa Johns Nov. 18th, 2012 @ 12:33 AM Reply

At 11/17/12 10:46 PM, leanlifter1 wrote:
Overzealous greed is a different thing than success. I find it sad how many people think they are one and the same.

1) Greed quit literally runs the world and always has. If not for greed, we would not have air travel. We would not have cars. No cell phones, no facebook, no internet, no computers. No grocery stores, no gas stations, hell you might not even be born. Greed is good

2) Where are these "non-greedy" people you seem to think exist? And does their non-greed benefit anyone but themselves?

leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Boycott Papa Johns Nov. 18th, 2012 @ 12:39 AM Reply

At 11/18/12 12:33 AM, LemonCrush wrote:
At 11/17/12 10:46 PM, leanlifter1 wrote:
Overzealous greed is a different thing than success. I find it sad how many people think they are one and the same.
1) Greed quit literally runs the world and always has. If not for greed, we would not have air travel. We would not have cars. No cell phones, no facebook, no internet, no computers. No grocery stores, no gas stations, hell you might not even be born. Greed is good

You ideologies are clouded by your ego.

2) Where are these "non-greedy" people you seem to think exist? And does their non-greed benefit anyone but themselves?

I am non greedy I gave up $10,000 a month paychecks to go for a simplified lifestyle and live a better stress free life on far less income. I take in about $1600 a month currently and only have to work if and when I want to.


BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Boycott Papa Johns Nov. 18th, 2012 @ 01:26 AM Reply

At 11/18/12 12:39 AM, leanlifter1 wrote:
You ideologies are clouded by your ego.

I have no ego. Everytihng I said was true. Why did Henry Ford modernize the auto industry? Was it out of the goodness of his heart? Or was it because he wanted money? When Bill Gates created Windows, did he do it for charity, or was it because he wanted money? When Howard Hughes created the modern airline industry, did he do it because he was a good guy, or did he do it because he wanted money?

I am non greedy I gave up $10,000 a month paychecks to go for a simplified lifestyle and live a better stress free life on far less income. I take in about $1600 a month currently and only have to work if and when I want to.

Why work at all? You aren't greedy right? So shouldn't you donate all your income to charity? Hell, why do you even have a job? Do you work for your boss, or sell/make things because you want to? Or do you do it because you expect/want to get paid? Work for free, do you?

psycho-squirrel
psycho-squirrel
  • Member since: Apr. 30, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Boycott Papa Johns Nov. 20th, 2012 @ 01:53 AM Reply

I am eating some papa johns right now actually. But that is kind of fucked up. But their pizzas are good.


BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Boycott Papa Johns Nov. 20th, 2012 @ 10:48 AM Reply

At 11/20/12 01:53 AM, psycho-squirrel wrote: I am eating some papa johns right now actually. But that is kind of fucked up. But their pizzas are good.

You, sir, need to get around more.

leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Boycott Papa Johns Nov. 20th, 2012 @ 11:18 AM Reply

At 11/20/12 10:48 AM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 11/20/12 01:53 AM, psycho-squirrel wrote: I am eating some papa johns right now actually. But that is kind of fucked up. But their pizzas are good.
You, sir, need to get around more.

So do most people as Olive Garden and Red lobster are doing the same shenanigans as Papa Johns and probably there are allot more for that matter. Also why should Canadians have to pay for Americans ?


BBS Signature
poxpower
poxpower
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Boycott Papa Johns Nov. 20th, 2012 @ 11:26 AM Reply

At 11/18/12 12:33 AM, LemonCrush wrote:
At 11/17/12 10:46 PM, leanlifter1 wrote:
Overzealous greed is a different thing than success. I find it sad how many people think they are one and the same.
1) Greed quit literally runs the world and always has. If not for greed, we would not have air travel. We would not have cars. No cell phones, no facebook, no internet, no computers. No grocery stores, no gas stations, hell you might not even be born. Greed is good

Actually that's probably somewhat of a misconception.

When left to their own devices, people are extremely creative and WANT to make things sometimes for popularity, curiosity or simple pleasure.
Many scientific advances have happened through a private citizen's ingenuity.

There was also a study done in which they tried to motivate people to come up with solutions to problems using money vs no money. People did worse when there was a direct financial incentive for them to solve a problem.

Excess greed is bad. It has no foresight. A greedy human will seek to get everything he can from something in as short a time as possible and this leads to fast depletion of resource, whatever that resource may be. Sometimes when people get TOO greedy they also take excess risk and just crash and burn.

Some greed and drive are good and necessary but it's not true that the world really runs on greed. If you asked more people what's important to them, I doubt they'd say "I MUST ACQUIRE ALL. ALL MUST BE MINE! FOR ALL TIME!'.

Other forces such as acceptance, security, comfort, irrationality and self-fulfillment play a very large role in deciding how people will run their lives and what they will be willing to sacrifice to have XYZ thing.

Greedy people do mostly run the world but we don't have to sit here and glorify their excess. If you're rich and you've made it, congratulations, but none of us have to sit here while you stockpile money and goods and give nothing back to the society that has elevated you. You're still part of us, if we say you owe us, you do. If you don't like it then feel free to give back your riches and start over somewhere else.

Boycotts are great but in the short term they only hurt the little guys the most. Still, the message would be sent and other companies would take heed. Unfortunately, the ownder of Papa John's will never have to answer for his doucheness because he's a mega millionaire and he's set for all eternity. Oh well.


BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Boycott Papa Johns Nov. 20th, 2012 @ 11:55 AM Reply

At 11/20/12 11:26 AM, poxpower wrote:
At 11/18/12 12:33 AM, LemonCrush wrote:
At 11/17/12 10:46 PM, leanlifter1 wrote:
Overzealous greed is a different thing than success. I find it sad how many people think they are one and the same.
1) Greed quit literally runs the world and always has. If not for greed, we would not have air travel. We would not have cars. No cell phones, no facebook, no internet, no computers. No grocery stores, no gas stations, hell you might not even be born. Greed is good
Actually that's probably somewhat of a misconception.

Agreed and will add that saying that it's somewhat of a misconception was to lenient.


When left to their own devices, people are extremely creative and WANT to make things sometimes for popularity, curiosity or simple pleasure.

Very true as I have created music and out of greed and personal gain or even recognition but just purely out of the joy of creating something unique and creative. I feel sorry for the people whom have never known what altruism means.

Many scientific advances have happened through a private citizen's ingenuity.

Most in fact have although brilliant people like Einstein were and often are used by greedy and oppressive forces of the powers that be.


There was also a study done in which they tried to motivate people to come up with solutions to problems using money vs no money. People did worse when there was a direct financial incentive for them to solve a problem.

Just to play devils advocate and out of fairness please cite the information in which you have based theses claims. Also I am not saying I do not believe you just that we need to be fair.


Excess greed is bad. It has no foresight. A greedy human will seek to get everything he can from something in as short a time as possible and this leads to fast depletion of resource, whatever that resource may be. Sometimes when people get TOO greedy they also take excess risk and just crash and burn.

True and also smart people whom are greedy understand that in order to sustain anything you must learn to work with others or learn to work alone. Greed is never a good thing just like crack is never a good thing though it ight feel good temporarily.


Some greed and drive are good and necessary but it's not true that the world really runs on greed. If you asked more people what's important to them, I doubt they'd say "I MUST ACQUIRE ALL. ALL MUST BE MINE! FOR ALL TIME!'.

I would beg to different that greed and drive are separate things all together. If my drive comes from altruistic self sufficiency with respect to the one unifying thing that sustains us all "Mother nature" does that make me greedy I think not.


Other forces such as acceptance, security, comfort, irrationality and self-fulfillment play a very large role in deciding how people will run their lives and what they will be willing to sacrifice to have XYZ thing.

true


Greedy people do mostly run the world but we don't have to sit here and glorify their excess. If you're rich and you've made it, congratulations, but none of us have to sit here while you stockpile money and goods and give nothing back to the society that has elevated you. You're still part of us, if we say you owe us, you do. If you don't like it then feel free to give back your riches and start over somewhere else.

I agree with this statement.


Boycotts are great but in the short term they only hurt the little guys the most. Still, the message would be sent and other companies would take heed. Unfortunately, the ownder of Papa John's will never have to answer for his doucheness because he's a mega millionaire and he's set for all eternity. Oh well.

Papa Johns is a typical case in point in a much larger issue. Lets not lose sight of the big picture here and just agree that Papa johns can fuck off on the horse he road in on along with his greedy minded cancers on society.


BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Boycott Papa Johns Nov. 20th, 2012 @ 02:40 PM Reply

At 11/20/12 11:18 AM, leanlifter1 wrote: So do most people as Olive Garden and Red lobster are doing the same shenanigans as Papa Johns and probably there are allot more for that matter. Also why should Canadians have to pay for Americans ?

What are you talking about? I was commenting on how he though Papa Johns pizzas were good. He needs to get out more, cause if he thinks those pizzas are good enough to shell out $15 plus on he sure as hell has not tried the competition, or better yet, a local joint.

As for Canadians paying for Americans, welcome to globalization. You do realize that when you buy goods you often are subsidizing the purchases made by other countries' customers. Whether it be to cover a tariff, shipping, varying prices of goods, a terrible distrubotrship system, you're likely paying more to offset for it. Hell, you probably already pay for other customers within your own country. You think those people in Prince George pay a premium on the Boston Pizza (why the hell is there no Boston Pizza in America?) because they chose to live in butt fuck nowhere? Nope. You pay a fraction of a cent to a few cents more per pie to cover to transportation costs.

TNT
TNT
  • Member since: Jul. 20, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to Boycott Papa Johns Nov. 20th, 2012 @ 05:29 PM Reply

At 11/20/12 02:40 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 11/20/12 11:18 AM, leanlifter1 wrote: So do most people as Olive Garden and Red lobster are doing the same shenanigans as Papa Johns and probably there are allot more for that matter. Also why should Canadians have to pay for Americans ?
What are you talking about? I was commenting on how he though Papa Johns pizzas were good. He needs to get out more, cause if he thinks those pizzas are good enough to shell out $15 plus on he sure as hell has not tried the competition, or better yet, a local joint.

But what if he had been out more, tried many other local and national pizza joints, but still prefer Papa Johns over everyone else? How can you assume someone only had pizza from Papa Johns just from "their pizza is good"? I've been to several different places, and I think Papa Johns is alright, but someone might have a different opinion about it. Why do you really care about what he thinks about Papa Johns in the first place?


Google+: Link Facebook: Link Steam ID: echoes83 (Tyler from Texas)
An example of a jinx thread...

BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Boycott Papa Johns Nov. 20th, 2012 @ 06:45 PM Reply

At 11/20/12 02:40 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 11/20/12 11:18 AM, leanlifter1 wrote: So do most people as Olive Garden and Red lobster are doing the same shenanigans as Papa Johns and probably there are allot more for that matter. Also why should Canadians have to pay for Americans ?
What are you talking about? I was commenting on how he though Papa Johns pizzas were good. He needs to get out more, cause if he thinks those pizzas are good enough to shell out $15 plus on he sure as hell has not tried the competition, or better yet, a local joint.

Wow I literally did not think your post could have been that simple. No wonder I have a hard time understanding you guy's as I am over analyzing simple LOL.


As for Canadians paying for Americans, welcome to globalization.

It's not globalization it's called greed and the US are feeling the effects as there economy becomes even more unstable and debt rises as there dollar fails even more.

You do realize that when you buy goods you often are subsidizing the purchases made by other countries' customers. Whether it be to cover a tariff, shipping, varying prices of goods, a terrible distrubotrship system, you're likely paying more to offset for it. Hell, you probably already pay for other customers within your own country. You think those people in Prince George pay a premium on the Boston Pizza (why the hell is there no Boston Pizza in America?) because they chose to live in butt fuck nowhere? Nope. You pay a fraction of a cent to a few cents more per pie to cover to transportation costs.

WTF there is Boston pizza in america and WTF does buttfuck nowhere have to do with BPs as BPs is in every major City and some smaller towns/city's. I am sick of paying for fat lazy US citizens therefore I have boycotted almost everything that the US stands for so no dollars from me.


BBS Signature
Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to Boycott Papa Johns Nov. 20th, 2012 @ 08:18 PM Reply

At 11/18/12 01:26 AM, LemonCrush wrote: I have no ego. Everytihng I said was true.

Umm... according to this statement, you are the definition of ego.

You can't defeat my argument with a straw man saying I'm against business or success. LOL that entire distinction between innovation for its own sake and for the sake of profit is completely irrelevant to this discussion. I myself am a businessman. How the hell do you think I have the time to waste here arguing with you? It's because I work for myself, BRUH.

What is relevant is that the math hasn't even come through yet on how much more Papa John's will have to pay, if they have to pay more. Obamacare is going to broaden the base of the insured. This will ideally lower the prices of health care, so if you're planning on coming with that free stuff Bill O'Reilly argument, just stop it right there. People have to pay to get health care and they get fined if they don't get it. This broadens the base and nothing is free, in fact.

Even if they do have to pay more, making it a public issue is politicizing it, which is completely detrimental to everything this country is about right now. Face it, Lemonhead, the GOP is a dying breed of old white people like you. The country is becoming browner, more liberal and NICER. We don't want free stuff any more than you corporate welfare bailout crybabies and losers do.

Boycott Papa John's.


no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Boycott Papa Johns Nov. 20th, 2012 @ 10:30 PM Reply

At 11/20/12 05:29 PM, TNT wrote:
At 11/20/12 02:40 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 11/20/12 11:18 AM, leanlifter1 wrote:
But what if he had been out more, tried many other local and national pizza joints, but still prefer Papa Johns over everyone else?

Psycho-Squirrel never explained his reasoning beyond "their pizza is good". It could be as simple as he likes Papa John's pizza, {bad taste in pizza IMO.} or he's against the Obamacare ideal, that eating Papa John's pizza is a way to stick it to the man. Going by Occam's razor here, I would assume that the former {simple answer} would be correct, but I can't say for sure.

I really don't what good a boycott of Papa John's will do at the end of the day, considering that they are sponsors of the NFL and a good number of stadiums and arenas have their logo plastered everywhere, which tends to net them a lot of money. With all that said, the simplest thing I can say about this is, if you don't like PJ's for their pizza or their politics, then don't eat there, simple as that.


Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Boycott Papa Johns Nov. 20th, 2012 @ 10:34 PM Reply

At 11/20/12 10:30 PM, orangebomb wrote:
At 11/20/12 05:29 PM, TNT wrote:
At 11/20/12 02:40 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 11/20/12 11:18 AM, leanlifter1 wrote:
I really don't know what good a boycott of Papa John's will do at the end of the day,

Whoops, missed a word in there,


Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Boycott Papa Johns Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 12:45 AM Reply

At 11/20/12 11:57 PM, Austerity wrote: Why don't all you retarded liberals go back to reddit, you all make me sick.

In the market for astroglide? Cause apparently you like getting assfucked. Metaphorically, of course.

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to Boycott Papa Johns Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 06:58 AM Reply

At 11/20/12 11:57 PM, Austerity wrote: Why don't all you retarded liberals go back to reddit, you all make me sick.

There's too many of us to fit there. LMAO
Why don't all you conservatives go back to Tupelo, Missississississississippi?


no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Boycott Papa Johns Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 07:08 AM Reply

At 11/21/12 06:58 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
At 11/20/12 11:57 PM, Austerity wrote: Why don't all you retarded liberals go back to reddit, you all make me sick.
There's too many of us to fit there. LMAO
Why don't all you conservatives go back to Tupelo, Missississississississippi?

Americans can't even get along on the home front and yet they think they can police the world LOL what a joke.


BBS Signature
Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to Boycott Papa Johns Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 08:36 AM Reply

At 11/21/12 07:08 AM, leanlifter1 wrote:
At 11/21/12 06:58 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
At 11/20/12 11:57 PM, Austerity wrote: Why don't all you retarded liberals go back to reddit, you all make me sick.
There's too many of us to fit there. LMAO
Why don't all you conservatives go back to Tupelo, Missississississississippi?
Americans can't even get along on the home front and yet they think they can police the world LOL what a joke.

I don't think anything. You act like I'm personally sending troops into Afganistan or something.


no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Boycott Papa Johns Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 08:47 AM Reply

At 11/21/12 08:36 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
At 11/21/12 07:08 AM, leanlifter1 wrote:
At 11/21/12 06:58 AM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
At 11/20/12 11:57 PM, Austerity wrote: Why don't all you retarded liberals go back to reddit, you all make me sick.
There's too many of us to fit there. LMAO
Why don't all you conservatives go back to Tupelo, Missississississississippi?
Americans can't even get along on the home front and yet they think they can police the world LOL what a joke.
I don't think anything. You act like I'm personally sending troops into Afganistan or something.

If Americans can't get along in there own country how will they fix other parts of the world. Clearly they kill more people innocent people than they fix and there home front is a joke is all I am saying. Was not personally attacking you once again just pointing out the fallacies and inconsistencies on how America loves to paint sinking ships instead of actually fixing the problems at the core.


BBS Signature
poxpower
poxpower
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Boycott Papa Johns Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 10:14 AM Reply

At 11/20/12 11:55 AM, leanlifter1 wrote:
Just to play devils advocate and out of fairness please cite the information in which you have based theses claims. Also I am not saying I do not believe you just that we need to be fair.

Ok just to be fair, monetary incentives do work on people but only for shitty non-creative type tasks like flipping burgers or selling insurance policies over the phone.
http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20100603/0311539672.shtml

One famous case is Google who just lets their employees create whatever they want X hours a week in their spare time, as long as it's related to the business. They get more good ideas doing that than they would if they paid them trillions to "come up with stuff".

This is another (out of dozens) reason why ridiculous multimillion dollar salaries are completely unjustifiable. Goldman-Sach won't run better if you pay the CEO 10 million more. Shit it would run as well if you had a competent dude run it for free in his spare time if that was his passion.
But these assholes ( like Papa John here ) take out giant sums of money from their companies. That's the definition of greed in my opinion. Creating a company just so exploit it and the people working in it.

Most of these people kill their golden-egg laying goose by shackling their employee's creativity and sucking up the money.

They have it backwards. They pay TOO MUCH for the creative positions, which is useless, and they pay too little for the low-end jobs who actually do respond to money. Your upper management won't manage better on a 20 million salary than on 200k, I'd wager.


BBS Signature
Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to Boycott Papa Johns Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 08:19 PM Reply

At 11/21/12 08:47 AM, leanlifter1 wrote:
If Americans can't get along in there own country how will they fix other parts of the world. Clearly they kill more people innocent people than they fix and there home front is a joke is all I am saying. Was not personally attacking you once again just pointing out the fallacies and inconsistencies on how America loves to paint sinking ships instead of actually fixing the problems at the core.

Americans are much too heterogenous to ever all get along. If you are from a smaller country, you have an easier time of that because your population is smaller, on a smaller land mass, and therefore you will naturally have more shared experiences, which will give you a closer knit society. America is full of literally everyone, every culture. There's no way you can ask the 400 million people in America to behave like the 10 million in Greenland or something.

That being said, BOYCOTT PAPA JOHNS.


no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Boycott Papa Johns Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 08:26 PM Reply

At 11/21/12 08:19 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
At 11/21/12 08:47 AM, leanlifter1 wrote:
If Americans can't get along in there own country how will they fix other parts of the world. Clearly they kill more people innocent people than they fix and there home front is a joke is all I am saying. Was not personally attacking you once again just pointing out the fallacies and inconsistencies on how America loves to paint sinking ships instead of actually fixing the problems at the core.
Americans are much too heterogenous to ever all get along. If you are from a smaller country, you have an easier time of that because your population is smaller, on a smaller land mass, and therefore you will naturally have more shared experiences, which will give you a closer knit society. America is full of literally everyone, every culture. There's no way you can ask the 400 million people in America to behave like the 10 million in Greenland or something.

Then like a good parent you make it law under the household/country to play nice !
Oh and if as you say "heterogenous" means arrogant, Greedy, ignorant, and just plane rude than I agree.


BBS Signature
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Boycott Papa Johns Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 08:38 PM Reply

Why would I boycott a company that hates the Nazi Democrat Party as much as I do?


I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

Warforger
Warforger
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Boycott Papa Johns Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 09:18 PM Reply

At 11/21/12 08:38 PM, TheKlown wrote: Why would I boycott a company that hates the Nazi Democrat Party as much as I do?

Because he's threatening to fire workers because a Democrat gets elected?


"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.
" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Boycott Papa Johns Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 09:24 PM Reply

At 11/21/12 09:18 PM, Warforger wrote:
At 11/21/12 08:38 PM, TheKlown wrote: Why would I boycott a company that hates the Nazi Democrat Party as much as I do?
Because he's threatening to fire workers because a Democrat gets elected?

Tell Democrats to stop taxing his business even more then.


I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.