New Topic Respond to this Topic
steelside
steelside
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Audiophile
Question about Uploading Files Nov. 15th, 2012 @ 01:23 PM Reply

On the Audio Portal I have a song that is already uploaded but i want to upload a different file that is the same song without the annoying 20 second silence that was accidently appended to the track at the end.

When i go to Edit, it lets me upload a new .mp3 and play it back but when i click submit to publish the audio is still the version with th 20 second silence at the end.

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Question about Uploading Files Nov. 15th, 2012 @ 01:45 PM Reply

Clear your cache (if you don't know how, google it).

That happens because your internet cache, which is basically a little space allocated to storing temporary files like pictures and audio files and whatnot from sites you visit so that they can load more quickly after the first visit, doesn't recognise that the audio file changed.

If it did, it would've newly downloaded the audio file without the seconds of silence, but since it didn't recognise the change, it just loads up the old audio file with the silence that was stored back when you first uploaded the submission. Clearing your cache means that the cache will need to download the audio file again, whether it's the new one or the one with the silence.

If that doesn't work, then something went wrong in the uploading process.

Review Request Club | PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS I BEG YOU | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for any Audio Portal-related help.

BBS Signature