New Topic Respond to this Topic
4urentertainment
4urentertainment
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Artists for literature? Nov. 15th, 2012 @ 04:55 AM Reply

I don't generally venture into the art forum, but here I am!

So in an effort to try to tie together the various corners and communities of Newgrounds, I thought it would be a fun idea to see if any artists were interested in taking a look at the writing forum and perhaps, should they feel inspired, to draw something.

Winners of the halloween writing contest have just been announced, and I really enjoyed reading this story, which came in 5th place, which is a mindblowing story about birds, that I think would be awesome if something were drawn from it.

In the past we've had voice actors reading the top stories as a prize, and I really think these prizes are a lot more meaningful and awesome than a cash prize, and really convey the spirit of Newgrounds and collaboration.

So I just thought I'd throw that idea out there. It's extremely rewarding for a writer to see his story come to life in any way, and if an artist is looking for something to draw but is lacking ideas or inspiration, then everybody wins!

Let me know what you guys think of this. Heck, it could be something like the movie jam where writers would write a short premise and animators would animate it, except in art.

Hopefully once the writing forum gains more traction there'll be a wider variety of stories to choose from, and once the literature portal comes, maybe you'll be able to link art with a story submission (I remember Tom talking a while ago about linking articles with game submissions to encourage developers to write post-portems about their projects, but that's another story).

KaDoYuu
KaDoYuu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Animator
Response to Artists for literature? Nov. 15th, 2012 @ 05:21 AM Reply

This sounds like an excellent idea and I fully endorse it. Collaboration is very good for the entire creative community and I commend you for creating this topic. I get a feeling that this will go well. At the moment, I'm having difficulty prioritizing the projects already laid before me (so I apologize in advance for the lack of an immediate contribution), but I don't have any doubt in my mind that there will be more-than-eager artists who will want 'in' on a project like this. Buenos suertas!

"Trolls are people who long ago gave up the will to live worthwhile lives, and now dedicate themselves to tormenting others, in attempts to drag victims down to their level."