Be a Supporter!
TemporalParadox
TemporalParadox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Clear notifications? 2012-11-15 03:32:06 Reply

Is there any way to clear notifications that I've seen? I don't mind so much the dropdown list from the top bar, since that's usually hidden, but I'd like to not keep seeing somebody's update that I already watched two weeks ago sitting at the top of the front page.

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to Clear notifications? 2012-11-15 08:50:32 Reply

You mean the "Latest from your favourites" pod?

You can drag it down below other pods if you want, so you won't see it anymore unless you scroll down. There's no way to remove it or clear it though (as far as I know).

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
TemporalParadox
TemporalParadox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to Clear notifications? 2012-11-16 15:25:46 Reply

Well, I like having it up there in case something new gets posted. I guess the best solution is to favorite more people so I'm not staring at Wonders of the Universe 4 for months.

liljim
liljim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Clear notifications? 2012-11-16 18:27:34 Reply

At 11/16/12 03:25 PM, TemporalParadox wrote: Well, I like having it up there in case something new gets posted.

I agree with what you're saying. I've written an enhancement ticket for it in our internal management system, so we'll see what happens.

Quick question - when you want a notification gone, do you want it gone from the * that you click on the menu bar, the front page pod, both and do you ever want to see the notification again after you've deleted it?

I guess the best solution is to favorite more people so I'm not staring at Wonders of the Universe 4 for months.

You should probably do that anyway... I'm guilty of not adding enough people whose work I really do love to my favourites and I often miss what they've posted for a while.

ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Clear notifications? 2012-11-16 21:01:14 Reply

This topic came up "elsewhere" just a couple of days ago... it would be nice to be able to x out the one's we've checked and don't want/need in the list anymore ...or see more in case we're following lots of people, aren't able to check it for a while and/or someone pulls a sucho! lol

I never look at the front page pod thingy... I just check the star drop down (pretty much every time I log in), but it would make sense to have the options in both places.

thanks, ejr! lol

Clear notifications?

Sheizenhammer
Sheizenhammer
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Clear notifications? 2012-11-16 22:32:33 Reply

At 11/16/12 06:27 PM, liljim wrote: I agree with what you're saying. I've written an enhancement ticket for it in our internal management system, so we'll see what happens.

This is good to hear. I have a similar problem with it:
I accidentally favourited an artist when trying to favourite a single audio track, and didn't notice what I'd done until the notifications pod popped up with something said artist had just released. I've since unfavourited the artist and changed it for the track itself, but the notification of the artist's new track is still there regardless.

Differences in problems aside, the ability to remove notifications would fix this too, so I'm all for making it happen.

Quick question - when you want a notification gone, do you want it gone from the * that you click on the menu bar, the front page pod, both and do you ever want to see the notification again after you've deleted it?

Both, and no, in my case. Just for the sake of feedback. :X

TemporalParadox
TemporalParadox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to Clear notifications? 2012-11-17 23:21:05 Reply

I rarely look at the star up top, but when I do, I'd like to be able to clear stuff I've seen up there too. But I mainly care about the pod.

I don't really have many artists I consistently want to see new updates from, to my knowledge. I mostly just look at anything that's new, especially among the games.