dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Really trying to find a musical fam 2012-11-17 13:19:37 Reply

At 11/17/12 12:53 PM, PythonBlue wrote:
I'm going to be honest; I've had a serious depression for quite a while because so few people other than family will even bother to listen to my music, let alone be willing to pay me for my effort. This does not apply only to NewGrounds listeners; I've been on SoundCloud for over a year and still have yet to exceed 400 listens per week on a regular basis.

Well, well, well.

We have a crap ton of people talk about these every week. Especially the neophytes who constantly complain about how they get less and less feedback or views, but rarely give something back to the community. Don't blame the community, or the system. I can list out more music communities which are worse than NG and SC a lot more. It's you who don't have the attitudes to cope with the world.

If you are looking for something; first you have to give something out. Shut up, go out and involve to help the world, then eventually something will get back before you even notice.

What comes around goes around...

BBS Signature
PythonBlue
PythonBlue
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Really trying to find a musical fam 2012-11-17 16:01:06 Reply

At 11/17/12 01:07 PM, jpbear wrote: dont even begin to expect listeners making ambient music, its masturbatory music by nature (not necessarily a bad thing). 400 listens a week is A LOT more than youd think. I can probably count on two hands the amount of people making a living off of only ambient music.

On this website you've only posted three songs, all of them seem to be omnisphere presets. And omnisphere is one expensive hunk of technology you sure you bought it?

good ambient music has progression(imo), be it in texture or melodic progression. A song with neither of the previously mentioned is not going to capture anyone's attention.

Stop being dumb.

Thank you for showing off why I didn't upload my entire catalog here. And enough with your own BS: I've already proven that I have more than just Omnisphere, for one.

Python Blue - composer

http://www.python-blue.com/

PythonBlue
PythonBlue
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Really trying to find a musical fam 2012-11-17 16:02:42 Reply

You know what? Fine. Apparently this thread has turned into an anti-me thread instead of staying on-topic, so I'm just leaving. I'm done being bullied, here.

Python Blue - composer

http://www.python-blue.com/

MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Really trying to find a musical fam 2012-11-17 16:30:45 Reply

Well thanks to the trolls. I think when you saw the title of this thread you two were just waiting for one person to show weakness and then you jumped in like your cowardly little selves always do, and made them feel even worse about themselves.
Do us all a favour and just go. This thread is obviously not a place for the two of you. The point of this thread is to encourage positive feedback and what you've just done is taken out his guts and thrown them to the birds.

You could have said everything you just said but with different words, yet you chose to be cruel and rude. That's the difference between good criticism and bullshit trash like what you guys give out, especially you Demwhateverthehellyournameis.

Anyway, lets get back to the thread and let this be an example of what we're NOT looking for.

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out! Veteran REAPER user.

BBS Signature
eppskevin
eppskevin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Really trying to find a musical fam 2012-11-17 16:45:05 Reply

At 11/17/12 04:30 PM, MetalRenard wrote: Well thanks to the trolls. I think when you saw the title of this thread you two were just waiting for one person to show weakness and then you jumped in like your cowardly little selves always do, and made them feel even worse about themselves.
Do us all a favour and just go. This thread is obviously not a place for the two of you. The point of this thread is to encourage positive feedback and what you've just done is taken out his guts and thrown them to the birds.

You could have said everything you just said but with different words, yet you chose to be cruel and rude. That's the difference between good criticism and bullshit trash like what you guys give out, especially you Demwhateverthehellyournameis.

Anyway, lets get back to the thread and let this be an example of what we're NOT looking for.

^EXACTLY! And PythonBlue, it's all good. I'll give you a peep on Monday and give my feedback. Those are just little kids and little minds that crave attention. I'm trying to do my part and help others, so let's focus on that please. And again, PythonBlue, I'll get with you soon, man.

A tribute to the Ace Attorney Series and OST. I have so much respect for both of those, that I decided to start my own Remix series.

Here is the link to Volume 1

BBS Signature
MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Really trying to find a musical fam 2012-11-17 17:10:38 Reply

I just listened to your track:

• Mind Butter
    Mind Butter by eppskevin

Jazzy Rnb Song

Score
    4.02 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    R&B
    Popularity

Just blew my mind, GG!

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out! Veteran REAPER user.

BBS Signature
jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Really trying to find a musical fam 2012-11-17 20:02:05 Reply

At 11/17/12 04:30 PM, MetalRenard wrote:

Some people just need a swift kick in the but.

If not sugarcoating things make them clearer, ill take the more effective option.

MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Really trying to find a musical fam 2012-11-17 20:09:10 Reply

At 11/17/12 08:02 PM, jpbear wrote: If not sugarcoating things make them clearer, ill take the more effective option.

Yeah, sure, but I don't see an attempt at sugar coating, I just see you lashing out without warning...

BBS Signature
dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Really trying to find a musical fam 2012-11-17 21:40:53 Reply

This thread is shit in the same generic way as many other thread previously posted (in the end, all got locked up, why?). Firstly it always starts out as some sheep tries to 'bwaaa' how poor he/she is. Then someone gives unnecessary compassion. More sheep. Topic spins to how the sheep can change the system, and struggling to find unreal solution. After awhile sheep got bored and trash each other. Finally gets locked up nicely.

The amusing thing is most of the shit OP are FNGs. Aggressive, oppressive, give nothing to the community and always being attention whores.

MentalRetard, do me a favor, drag yourself down to where you suppose to be and think twice before posting shit up, for fuck sake.

I'll get my coat.

BBS Signature
dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Really trying to find a musical fam 2012-11-17 21:42:55 Reply

At 11/17/12 01:07 PM, jpbear wrote:
On this website you've only posted three songs, all of them seem to be omnisphere presets. And omnisphere is one expensive hunk of technology you sure you bought it?

Don't worry, his parents pay for the bandwidth costs.

BBS Signature
eppskevin
eppskevin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Really trying to find a musical fam 2012-11-17 22:53:23 Reply

At 11/17/12 09:42 PM, dem0lecule wrote:
At 11/17/12 01:07 PM, jpbear wrote:
Don't worry, his parents pay for the bandwidth costs.

You guys, just disregard this dude. He doesn't even know me, or you, for that matter to spout out what he's saying. Again, someone with a small mind and young age is all. I don't need my ego stroked as I let my music speak for itself. All I was trying to do was lend a hand to those who are where I was at one time. He just wants someone to listen to his stuff, and going about the wrong way..

Onward and upward.

A tribute to the Ace Attorney Series and OST. I have so much respect for both of those, that I decided to start my own Remix series.

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to Really trying to find a musical fam 2012-11-17 23:04:40 Reply

This is my eye. I'm going to leave it here for a while.

Hint hint.

Really trying to find a musical fam

Audio/BBS Mod
News: Things and stuff - Music: Final Destination (Loop) - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Really trying to find a musical fam 2012-11-17 23:34:32 Reply

Um, wtf happened in this thread?

Hostile. Pure hostility.

MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Really trying to find a musical fam 2012-11-18 04:35:49 Reply

At 11/17/12 11:34 PM, LemonCrush wrote: Um, wtf happened in this thread?

Hostile. Pure hostility.

Let's just ignore it and move on. Please. Lets start talking about music and less about people.
I set the ball rolling by sharing someone else's song I love (Mind Butter). Why don't you guys share other people's songs you like and we can listen and share them?

I think that's the best solution actually! Rather than just sharing your own work, you share someone else's too, and that encourages interaction. I'm pretty sure that in return others will take a look at yours. Don't appear to be needy or a troll will try and throw his (feather) weight around, go with the flow and start sharing some music. :)

BBS Signature
ForeverBound
ForeverBound
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Really trying to find a musical fam 2012-11-18 05:23:39 Reply

This guy here is really good u should all check him out. he is a friend of mine but is a really underdog

• Clueless (Rextended Mix)
    Clueless (Rextended Mix) by Cahzmana

Woofessivehouse

Score
    4.34 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    House
    Popularity

BBS Signature
MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Really trying to find a musical fam 2012-11-18 08:01:00 Reply

At 11/18/12 05:23 AM, ForeverBound wrote: This guy here is really good u should all check him out. he is a friend of mine but is a really underdog
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/506951

That's actually a cool track, not usually my style but there are some good ideas in there, and the piano half way through was a welcome change (in a positive way, not saying the rest was boring). It's not my usual style but he did a good job on the mix/master and that deserves recognition.

BBS Signature
dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Really trying to find a musical fam 2012-11-18 09:41:33 Reply

You want to know the price of Spectrasonic Omnisphere, $499, ~4.5 GB. Wonderful library... let's make ambient. Submitted 3 songs. Whine about how this world unfair whom give shit review. 6 reviews. MentalRetard, < 20 reviews.

At 11/18/12 05:23 AM, ForeverBound wrote: This guy here is really good u should all check him out. he is a friend of mine but is a really underdog
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/506951

The Underdog List already exists. That's what happens to sheep who doesn't look around before walking.

BBS Signature
ForeverBound
ForeverBound
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Really trying to find a musical fam 2012-11-18 10:10:27 Reply

I think that's the best solution actually! Rather than just sharing your own work, you share someone else's too, and that encourages interaction. I'm pretty sure that in return others will take a look at yours. Don't appear to be needy or a troll will try and throw his (feather) weight around, go with the flow and start sharing some music. :)

it was a reaction on this one ;) and the underdogs list thread is dead

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Really trying to find a musical fam 2012-11-18 11:59:50 Reply

At 11/18/12 04:35 AM, MetalRenard wrote:
Let's just ignore it and move on. Please. Lets start talking about music and less about people.
I set the ball rolling by sharing someone else's song I love (Mind Butter). Why don't you guys share other people's songs you like and we can listen and share them?

I didn't perceive the OP like that at all. His description of his experience at NG was similar to mine....I didn't take it as an attempt to be needy or anything.

Anyway, back to the music I suppose!

samulis
samulis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to Really trying to find a musical fam 2012-11-18 19:09:32 Reply

I believe there was a really cool idea I saw somewhere were people were paired and given pieces to review- they'd review each other's work and in that way, experience some good music. Perhaps if we ran something like this, where every fortnight or month we had people submit underdog (like people with less than 400 views after a month of exposure on a song per average or something like that) works and then we have a list of reviewers and divvy it up... like RRC but fewer reviews and a strict focus on underdog music. The reviews would then be reviewed by the coordinator and the most constructive, helpful, thoughtful, and helpful seeming one would be rewarded with a small cash reward or something as impetus for good reviews.

The thing about Newgrounds is that it's an environment that is so insanely diverse that sometimes you can end up getting nothing, other times just bad stuff, and other times the most amazing help ever imaginable. The number of new people coming on is so immense that it is hard to catch the people who really can benefit from some solid critique and those who are just f'ing around in some loop editor. I personally would, if I had more time, sit around and monitor the new Classical submissions for new members, and write reviews wherever possible. However, I have only a half-hour to hour a day to spend on NG, most of that overlapping with time working on other things, so...

My Music - Virtual Instruments - Website
Orchestral/Cinematic Composer

BBS Signature
eppskevin
eppskevin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Really trying to find a musical fam 2012-11-20 09:01:50 Reply

I definitely really like this track by ForeverBound:

• Enlightenment
    Enlightenment by ForeverBound

Enlightenment

Score
    4.17 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Trance
    Popularity

More to come!

BBS Signature