Be a Supporter!

Why do so many women wear make up?

  • 2,301 Views
  • 46 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Melancholy
Why do so many women wear make up? Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 09:44 PM Reply

and have plastic surgery? Excluding a few things that are pretty reasonable like lipstick and having plastic surgery because of a wound, it almost always makes the look woman uglier and sometimes stupid too. It also makes it look like theyre too scared to go out without it on which is pretty sad.

Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Member since: Feb. 20, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Musician
Response to Why do so many women wear make up? Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 09:45 PM Reply

my girlfriend got plastic surgery and looks pretty good

sucks 4 u


letterboxd|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
Boss
Boss
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Why do so many women wear make up? Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 09:46 PM Reply

female hazing


I'm an instigator

BBS Signature
saqwert
saqwert
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Why do so many women wear make up? Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 09:46 PM Reply

It's the only way we can distinguish them from orangutans

T3XT
T3XT
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Gamer
Response to Why do so many women wear make up? Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 09:46 PM Reply

Man who wears makeup, reporting in

SeekerFang17
SeekerFang17
  • Member since: Jun. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Gamer
Response to Why do so many women wear make up? Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 09:47 PM Reply

It's because society makes them feel like they are not pretty enough and that they need to do things that big companies tell them to do so that the big companies can make a shit zillion dollars. This make the women forget just how beautiful they really are and that they don't need makeup or shitty looking botox to look beautiful.

unless of course they do look really ugly
Scarface
Scarface
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Why do so many women wear make up? Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 09:49 PM Reply

I honestly don't find a lot of make-up attractive. IMO, you should wear just enough make up to make it look like you're not wearing any at all. That looks great.


Rules of the BBS - Meme - Jeff
Thanks to Donut for the SIG!

BBS Signature
Magical-Zorse
Magical-Zorse
  • Member since: May. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 38
Melancholy
Response to Why do so many women wear make up? Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 09:50 PM Reply

At 11/14/12 09:45 PM, Sekhem wrote: my girlfriend got plastic surgery and looks pretty good

sucks 4 u

FIrst laugh of the night, thank you


BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Member since: May. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to Why do so many women wear make up? Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 09:52 PM Reply

Because its been programmed into women for too long that we have no value unless we have good looks. So women do their hair and their makeup in an effect to look better than they are naturally. Sadly, like most things we human do, habit becomes obsession and before long we're overdoing it and what once made an improvement on their beauty only hinders it now.

For the record I don't wear make up. Mostly because I'm lazy.


[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Mizzjuicyflava
Mizzjuicyflava
  • Member since: Jun. 21, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Reader
Response to Why do so many women wear make up? Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 09:53 PM Reply

Insecurities. Some women become addicted and mess themselves up.


HEY BOO!!!

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Why do so many women wear make up? Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 09:54 PM Reply

At 11/14/12 09:49 PM, Scarface wrote: I honestly don't find a lot of make-up attractive. IMO, you should wear just enough make up to make it look like you're not wearing any at all. That looks great.

I suppose that is more reasonable, but I was on more about this kind of woman.

According to the blog I found it on it really is a woman, which I didnt believe at first.

Why do so many women wear make up?

SneakyGameBoy
SneakyGameBoy
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Why do so many women wear make up? Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 09:57 PM Reply

Too look PRETTEH! Like duh! Whateva!

Why do so many women wear make up?


XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature
Mizzjuicyflava
Mizzjuicyflava
  • Member since: Jun. 21, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Reader
Response to Why do so many women wear make up? Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 09:58 PM Reply

At 11/14/12 09:52 PM, Gagsy wrote: For the record I don't wear make up. Mostly because I'm lazy.

I got a makeover once. Ill never do it again.

The only make-up I wear is eyeshadow and lipgloss. And that's not often. Most women say that's not fixing up.


HEY BOO!!!

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Why do so many women wear make up? Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 10:00 PM Reply

Because it works.

Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Member since: Feb. 20, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Musician
Response to Why do so many women wear make up? Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 10:00 PM Reply

At 11/14/12 09:57 PM, SneakyGameBoy wrote: Too look PRETTEH! Like duh! Whateva!

jocelyn is a dumb jew with surgical addiction

she doesn't reflect the majority of girls who get plastic surgery


letterboxd|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
vannila-guerilla
vannila-guerilla
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Artist
Response to Why do so many women wear make up? Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 10:01 PM Reply

Women are prettier without makeup. They really are.


Be Billy's FriendlBe Billy's Followerl Wii U name: Billy_Martin

SeekerFang17
SeekerFang17
  • Member since: Jun. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Gamer
Response to Why do so many women wear make up? Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 10:02 PM Reply

At 11/14/12 09:57 PM, SneakyGameBoy wrote: Too look PRETTEH! Like duh! Whateva!

You should know where that was going.

Why do so many women wear make up?

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Member since: May. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to Why do so many women wear make up? Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 10:08 PM Reply

At 11/14/12 09:58 PM, mizzjuicyflava wrote:
I got a makeover once. Ill never do it again.

I remember when I was 13 and I was staying round a friends and she was all "omg let me give you a makeover!!!!11". I resisted for as long as I could but she was a dominating friend and so against my will I had to sit there as she subjected me to the mental discomfort of having someone put make up on me. I hated to admit but the end result wasn't bad. I can't remember all of what she used now. Bit of foundation, eyes and lips. Not overboard. It was natural still but with the hint of colour and perfect shading.

Could I do that everyday to myself though just to please others when I literally don't feel the need to myself? God no. And everytime I received a makeup kit for Christmas for my auntie I died a little inside. I never understood why they feel like they need to wear make up when half the population doesn't.

The only make-up I wear is eyeshadow and lipgloss. And that's not often. Most women say that's not fixing up.

Whatever makes you feel happy girl. I'll tell you what I just could not do for all the money in the world. Eyeliner. The idea of penciling the bottom of my eye just makes my skin crawl.


[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Member since: Feb. 20, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Musician
Response to Why do so many women wear make up? Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 10:23 PM Reply

At 11/14/12 10:08 PM, Gagsy wrote: I never understood why they feel like they need to wear make up when half the population doesn't.

would you wear makeup if it covered up your fat along w/your gross skin


letterboxd|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Member since: May. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to Why do so many women wear make up? Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 10:28 PM Reply

At 11/14/12 10:23 PM, Sekhem wrote:
would you wear makeup if it covered up your fat along w/your gross skin

Would you wear makeup if it made your penis appear longer?


[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Boss
Boss
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Why do so many women wear make up? Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 10:30 PM Reply

At 11/14/12 10:28 PM, Gagsy wrote:
At 11/14/12 10:23 PM, Sekhem wrote:
would you wear makeup if it covered up your fat along w/your gross skin
Would you wear makeup if it made your penis appear longer?

yes

then i would prance around naked and piss on bitches


I'm an instigator

BBS Signature
JBK
JBK
  • Member since: Jun. 15, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Why do so many women wear make up? Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 10:39 PM Reply

The only reason any men like that stuff is because they have low standards and assume theyll be slutty. Most women look better without makeup. They definitely start wearing it too early and cover up their natural beauty. I understand older ladies wearing it. Now plastic surgery.. there is no way to believe its for anything but insecurity. Which wont just disappear. It is pathetic and unattractive.


"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox
"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those pants are just adorable"-Gagsy
Last.fm

BBS Signature
satanbrain
satanbrain
  • Member since: Dec. 6, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to Why do so many women wear make up? Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 11:11 PM Reply

Humans find themselves unsightly. The ought paint and modify their bodies to lessen the replusion.


(הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים אָמַר קֹהֶלֶת, הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים הַכֹּל הָבֶל. דּוֹר הֹלֵךְ וְדוֹר בָּא, וְהָאָרֶץ לְעוֹלָם עֹמָדֶת. (קהלת א ג, ה

BBS Signature
xxxcreep
xxxcreep
  • Member since: Sep. 25, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Artist
Response to Why do so many women wear make up? Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 11:42 PM Reply

Because they WANT to wear makeup. It accentuates certain facial parts that they want to show off most. I have really small eyes so wearing eyeliner makes them look bigger. Same thing with Lipstick.


"Man, I nearly snapped my twig. Then again I nearly snapped A few of you"- Alice in Chains

BBS Signature
JBK
JBK
  • Member since: Jun. 15, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Why do so many women wear make up? Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 11:47 PM Reply

At 11/14/12 11:42 PM, xxxcreep wrote: Because they WANT to wear makeup. It accentuates certain facial parts that they want to show off most. I have really small eyes so wearing eyeliner makes them look bigger. Same thing with Lipstick.

Nothing wrong with a little eye makeup and lipstick but people go too far. And you really don't need it.


"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox
"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those pants are just adorable"-Gagsy
Last.fm

BBS Signature
funnyman46
funnyman46
  • Member since: Jun. 13, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Musician
Response to Why do so many women wear make up? Nov. 15th, 2012 @ 12:52 AM Reply

At 11/14/12 09:54 PM, BumFodder wrote: I suppose that is more reasonable, but I was on more about this kind of woman.

See, some dudes I know think more makeup is sexy.

I think it's bull shit, and I like women without makeup better. With too much on it starts looking really trashy and fake. I mean, I understand light eye makeup or something. But it looks ridiculous when you cake it on.

I'm not actually sure if "light eye makeup" is a phrase.

Yay, more jokes!

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to Why do so many women wear make up? Nov. 15th, 2012 @ 09:00 AM Reply

I'm glad that most women wear makeup. They look better with it, as long as they don't overdo it and they know what they're doing.

And I'm not really for plastic surgery because odds are it won't make a woman look better, but I do think Christa Miller from Scrubs and the Drew Carey Show looks great and she had work done.

Women should never get breast implants, though, even if all they have are two mosquito bites. Fake boobs rarely look right. There's only a few exceptions. It's not a good gamble

Why do so many women wear make up?


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Why do so many women wear make up? Nov. 15th, 2012 @ 09:10 AM Reply

social standards
a similar criticism can be done about men who pay dinner/tickets etc for women, or are nicer to them just because they have boobs


Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Baby-Bottle-Bob
Baby-Bottle-Bob
  • Member since: Feb. 29, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Why do so many women wear make up? Nov. 15th, 2012 @ 09:21 AM Reply

Cuz they wanna hide they ugly ass face


9

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Why do so many women wear make up? Nov. 15th, 2012 @ 10:42 AM Reply

At 11/14/12 09:44 PM, BumFodder wrote: and have plastic surgery? Excluding a few things that are pretty reasonable like lipstick and having plastic surgery because of a wound, it almost always makes the look woman uglier and sometimes stupid too. It also makes it look like theyre too scared to go out without it on which is pretty sad.

I really don't know any women that have had plastic surgery except to correct injuries.

As for makeup? I think it looks pretty good, I especially like eye makeup. At the same time there's a lot of people that look fine without it. I think it's perfectly possible to be secure with who you are AND put effort into looking good, so I really don't care a lot either way. If I had a choice I'd prefer that they wear makeup though.