New Topic Respond to this Topic
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
time splitters HD & 4 petition Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 09:31 PM Reply

Crytek has yet again teased time splitters 4 and this time with a petition.

What is time splitters you may ask?

Originally a launch title on the PS2 time splitters was a cult hit, never really advertised it was one of those games that went under the radar and faded into obscurity, or perhaps the bargain bin.
Still it managed to spawn two sequels, time splitters 2 and time splitters future perfect.

The company responsible was bought out by Krytek and as much as Krytek says they want to make the game, they say they cant if the game wont generate a profit. This is where you come in:

Sign this petition for a time splitters HD collection, if it reaches 300,000 signatures they will begin working on the project.

If the HD collection sells well then a 4th game will be 'considered.' Still even if a 4th game isn't ever made an HD collection will sufice. You got nothing to lose, so why the hell not?

Whats the hook of the game? What makes it so good? Yeah I guess you'd ask, so Heres why.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to time splitters HD & 4 petition Nov. 15th, 2012 @ 05:01 AM Reply

Signed. Won't make a difference though, the number is too astronomically high to reach.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to time splitters HD & 4 petition Nov. 15th, 2012 @ 05:24 AM Reply

At 11/15/12 05:01 AM, phrozonfire wrote: Signed. Won't make a difference though, the number is too astronomically high to reach.

I have to agree. Something that has been bugging me is why does this need to reach 300,000 signatures for a chance of an HD collection or 4th entry, when the petition for an Ace Combat HD collection in my signature only needs 5000 for it to be a possibility?
Still, I'm a hardcore TimeSplitters fan who wants to curl some monkeys again, so no doubt I would like to see this happen. Already signed it, as well.

kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to time splitters HD & 4 petition Nov. 15th, 2012 @ 05:33 AM Reply

for all those: halo, call of duty, (all shooters) fags.
Timesplitters is simply the best of the genre, a huge variety of enemies (henchmen, zombies, robots, mutants, aliens, etc), a huge variety of weapons (bricks, flamethrowers, missile-launchers, plasma guns, and one of the funniest, injector (wont spoil the surprise)), plus customizable maps, missions, and funny skirmish modes like virus (basically the tag, you are "it")
without mentioning the cool cooperative story mode.

i have played both 2 and 3 and both are worth a try (i havent found the 1st anywhere but as i saw its not very important to the story)

so, go get it, download it, or whatever you please

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to time splitters HD & 4 petition Nov. 15th, 2012 @ 05:39 AM Reply

p.d: TS is a game to play with friends, and as i dont have any intention of doing all that PC "online" bullshit nor wasting money on a ps3 (as my pc can run a game 100 better), i would be happy is they release it for ps2....

but i know they wont, so fuck them

or at least with good lan settings

Say no to rape.

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to time splitters HD & 4 petition Nov. 16th, 2012 @ 01:23 PM Reply

The bar hasn't moved as much as I wanted it to. Best to stay positive, sign the petition and share it with your friends on facebook, twitter, tumblr or whatever other sites you visit, hell post it on 4chan, gamefaqs or gametrailers.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to time splitters HD & 4 petition Nov. 16th, 2012 @ 01:45 PM Reply

Hell yeah! just what I've been waiting for! you have my signature

It's hip to be square, but it's hipper to be torus! // You shall watch and you shall like. // #FREEAMA2014

BBS Signature
dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to time splitters HD & 4 petition Nov. 16th, 2012 @ 02:14 PM Reply

Still nowhere near 300,000. Stupid target really, couldn't he have done 50,000?

DVD Collection and Game Collection
Steam: GallifreyanTimeDog
Really need to change this rubbish username.

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to time splitters HD & 4 petition Nov. 16th, 2012 @ 03:00 PM Reply

At 11/16/12 02:14 PM, dogpup4 wrote: Still nowhere near 300,000. Stupid target really, couldn't he have done 50,000?

The number was determined by Krytek and they say they need 300,000 because thats how much they will need for the game to make a profit. Still, I dont think it costs THAT much for an HD collection....50,000 will net em' a good...lets assume the HD collection will be $20....

A million dollars?! With 300,000....You tellin' me it takes 6 million to release an HD collection!? HAWLY SHEIT!

Well keep on voting nonethless, maybe we dont need 300,000, the only reason they have this petition in the first place is to see if there is a genuine interest in time splitters. At the very lease I want to see this petition break 100K.
That should buckle some interest.

Besides, all this game needs is to sell 10 copies and already it would have sold more than crysis 2, OH SNAP!

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
SmartyPants
SmartyPants
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Reader
Response to time splitters HD & 4 petition Nov. 16th, 2012 @ 05:16 PM Reply

I loved Timeplitters back in the day. I'll sign on

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to time splitters HD & 4 petition Nov. 16th, 2012 @ 05:50 PM Reply

At 11/16/12 03:00 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 11/16/12 02:14 PM, dogpup4 wrote: Still nowhere near 300,000. Stupid target really, couldn't he have done 50,000?
The number was determined by Krytek and they say they need 300,000 because thats how much they will need for the game to make a profit. Still, I dont think it costs THAT much for an HD collection....50,000 will net em' a good...lets assume the HD collection will be $20....

I hope they just release it anyway. There'll always be people who are interested in playing TimeSplitters for the first time who don't have a last generation console, and if a HD collection is available then they'll gain new fans.

BBS Signature
Rabbidking
Rabbidking
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to time splitters HD & 4 petition Nov. 18th, 2012 @ 08:41 PM Reply

YAY!!! You have my support, good sirs! Now, if only there were a mode where you could smash a zombie's head in a baseball-like minigame. The zombie shuffles towards you, and... CRACK!

Oops, sorry. Just imagining. Thanks a lot, possibility of TimeSplitters 4! You made me go off topic!

Nothing short of seven flavors of awesome sauce... with some extra-violence glaze on the side!

vannila-guerilla
vannila-guerilla
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist

Be Billy's FriendlBe Billy's Followerl Wii U name: Billy_Martin l PSN: Opackersfan

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to time splitters HD & 4 petition Nov. 19th, 2012 @ 08:14 AM Reply

I'd like to see a TimeSplitters HD remake but as for a new game, I'm not so sure. Don't get me wrong, I loved the TimeSplitters series and I'd love to see it revived, but I can't see that happening. It's understandable that they're asking for such high numbers because otherwise, what's in it for them? There's no point in making a game if there's no demand for it. I'm actually surprised that they consider 300,000 signatures to be a proper demand. Doesn't that seem like nothing by modern standards. Although I suppose the people who sign the petition wont make up 100% of the buyers.

I'd hate for them to make a new TimeSplitters game knowing that there wasn't much demand for it because that would no doubt end up with them putting less effort into it and result in a game that people end up wishing never tainted the name of the once glorious TimeSplitters name.

So yea, I'd love to see a HD Collection (assuming they release it on disc, not digitally) but I'm a bit hesitant on wanting a new TimeSplitters game.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to time splitters HD & 4 petition Nov. 19th, 2012 @ 02:03 PM Reply

I would love an HD collection as well, and in the end I guess thats the best we can ask for at the moment. The HD collection will bring in new fans as well as rekindle interest in the series.

Still, its not the demand for the IP im thinking about, but the potential. Krytek is thinking about this all wrong, time splitters has so much potential its insane. The 4th game can break boundaries set by the current industry. The game takes place across multiple time periods with numerous settings, but the villain is a mastermind from the future that alters these time periods as he goes along meaning you can have an interesting mix of 1940's super future lab, haunted houses hosting damned experiments in the 90's and a robot apocalypse in the future.

This will even appeal to modern multiplayer gamers seeing as the maps and the guns in them have no limit either. This franchise has no limits but the imagination of the developers. Seeing Krytek squander that is just painful.

Still I feel like if Krytek did make a 4th game it wouldn't be good. Krytek are graphic whores whereas time splitters was stylized, Krytek also like to play it safe and is too afraid to step out of the standard set 'safe zone' their previous games reinforce my worries, they dont seem to have ANY imagination, that doesn't bode well.

Whoever develops time splitters im kinda hoping it isn't Krytek. I guess that aint the issue though, I just want an HD collection.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
ManDeep
ManDeep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to time splitters HD & 4 petition Nov. 19th, 2012 @ 03:27 PM Reply

Signed it with a death thread if they don't atleast make an HD collection.

kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to time splitters HD & 4 petition Nov. 29th, 2012 @ 02:49 PM Reply

we dont need an HD version of timesplitters thus the game graphics are good enough now, we need a timesplitters 4, this HD bullcrap is just a money milking strategy, they probably wont do TS4 even if they reach the numbers

Say no to rape.

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to time splitters HD & 4 petition Nov. 29th, 2012 @ 05:05 PM Reply

At 11/29/12 02:49 PM, kakalxlax wrote: we dont need an HD version of timesplitters thus the game graphics are good enough now, we need a timesplitters 4, this HD bullcrap is just a money milking strategy, they probably wont do TS4 even if they reach the numbers

An HD version would bring in more fans and this 'money milking' thing is the whole idea. They need to know if people will back up time splitters and if the game is profitable. They need to know if there is a fan base, all the while increasing its numbers.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to time splitters HD & 4 petition Nov. 29th, 2012 @ 05:11 PM Reply

At 11/29/12 05:05 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 11/29/12 02:49 PM, kakalxlax wrote: we dont need an HD version of timesplitters thus the game graphics are good enough now, we need a timesplitters 4, this HD bullcrap is just a money milking strategy, they probably wont do TS4 even if they reach the numbers
An HD version would bring in more fans and this 'money milking' thing is the whole idea. They need to know if people will back up time splitters and if the game is profitable. They need to know if there is a fan base, all the while increasing its numbers.

they wont, they fact that the HD version is a success/failure wont tell them anything about a 4th game success/failure. for me TS is the best shooting game ever made, but i woudnt buy an hd version when the graphics are ok, i already have the game, i wont pay for it again

Say no to rape.

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to time splitters HD & 4 petition Nov. 29th, 2012 @ 05:27 PM Reply

At 11/29/12 05:11 PM, kakalxlax wrote: i already have the game, i wont pay for it again

I dont have it anymore and I WOULD pay for it again. Its good to have the option around. Besides HD versions tend to fix framerates and fog if anything.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to time splitters HD & 4 petition Nov. 29th, 2012 @ 05:38 PM Reply

At 11/29/12 05:27 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 11/29/12 05:11 PM, kakalxlax wrote: i already have the game, i wont pay for it again
I dont have it anymore and I WOULD pay for it again. Its good to have the option around. Besides HD versions tend to fix framerates and fog if anything.

my point exactly, there are to many opinions to base the possible success of a game in the success of the remasterization of other

Say no to rape.

Thegluestickman
Thegluestickman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to time splitters HD & 4 petition Nov. 29th, 2012 @ 05:45 PM Reply

At 11/16/12 03:00 PM, sweet21 wrote: A million dollars?! With 300,000....You tellin' me it takes 6 million to release an HD collection!? HAWLY SHEIT!

Yes, game development is rather expensive.

GTA4's budget is estimated at 100 million dollars. Now granted GTA4 was a huge game made by a really large team, but still in this day and age it's estimated at 23 million per game.

Crytek is a fairly big studio so it will take a lot of money to support itself through a remake of 3 games. I signed, I loved timesplitters and hopefully they manage to capture what was magical about it.

To protect the world from devastation.
kidd25 is the best Newgrounder ever.

BBS Signature
kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to time splitters HD & 4 petition Nov. 29th, 2012 @ 06:09 PM Reply

At 11/29/12 05:45 PM, Thegluestickman wrote:
At 11/16/12 03:00 PM, sweet21 wrote: A million dollars?! With 300,000....You tellin' me it takes 6 million to release an HD collection!? HAWLY SHEIT!
Yes, game development is rather expensive.

they just need to take the models they have and render them in a higher quality

Say no to rape.

EzioJensenTheThird
EzioJensenTheThird
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to time splitters HD & 4 petition Nov. 29th, 2012 @ 07:46 PM Reply

I've already signed it and have tried to spread the word. My advice is to do the same and try to get as much people on this as possible.

time splitters HD & 4 petition

300,000 needed for possibility of Timesplitters making a comback, Sign Here and help spread the word

BBS Signature
kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to time splitters HD & 4 petition Nov. 30th, 2012 @ 12:20 PM Reply

At 11/29/12 07:46 PM, EzioJensenTheThird wrote: I've already signed it and have tried to spread the word. My advice is to do the same and try to get as much people on this as possible.

too bad its only for ps3, im not wasting money in that shit

if they come up with a pc, or ps2 version tough...

Say no to rape.

dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to time splitters HD & 4 petition Nov. 30th, 2012 @ 01:49 PM Reply

At 11/30/12 12:20 PM, kakalxlax wrote:
At 11/29/12 07:46 PM, EzioJensenTheThird wrote: I've already signed it and have tried to spread the word. My advice is to do the same and try to get as much people on this as possible.

Why would they make a PS2 version?

It probably would come out for PC too, just the guy who created the petition didn't put PC on the list.

BBS Signature
kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to time splitters HD & 4 petition Nov. 30th, 2012 @ 02:50 PM Reply

At 11/30/12 01:49 PM, dogpup4 wrote:

they most likely wont, but in my naive days i believed in consoles, so i still have a ps2

Say no to rape.

EzioJensenTheThird
EzioJensenTheThird
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to time splitters HD & 4 petition Nov. 30th, 2012 @ 07:48 PM Reply

At 11/30/12 01:49 PM, dogpup4 wrote:
At 11/30/12 12:20 PM, kakalxlax wrote:

It probably would come out for PC too, just the guy who created the petition didn't put PC on the list.

Actually the idea for the HD collection was for all consoles. PS3, XBOX360, PC and maybe Wii U. The PS3 cover was just a random image I took when making that pic.

300,000 needed for possibility of Timesplitters making a comback, Sign Here and help spread the word

BBS Signature
vannila-guerilla
vannila-guerilla
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to time splitters HD & 4 petition Nov. 30th, 2012 @ 09:58 PM Reply

At 11/29/12 02:49 PM, kakalxlax wrote: we dont need an HD version of timesplitters

BLASPHEMY!

I don't think we need an HD Timesplitters alone. I think we need one with updated graphics and in HD, though.

Be Billy's FriendlBe Billy's Followerl Wii U name: Billy_Martin l PSN: Opackersfan

kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to time splitters HD & 4 petition Nov. 30th, 2012 @ 10:54 PM Reply

At 11/30/12 09:58 PM, vannila-guerilla wrote:
At 11/29/12 02:49 PM, kakalxlax wrote: we dont need an HD version of timesplitters
BLASPHEMY!

I don't think we need an HD Timesplitters alone. I think we need one with updated graphics and in HD, though.

and more characters, weapons, maps, story and called Timesplitters 4

Say no to rape.