New Topic Respond to this Topic
Metraff
Metraff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Voice Actor
Me in Jamie Hewlett's style [Crap] Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 10:30 PM Reply

So in school today I did a quick drawing of me in Jamie Hewlett (co-creator of Gorillaz & Tank Girl)'s style. I look at it now & realize I could've done a lot better with the arms & hat. I don't own one of those tablet things to draw on, so it's on regular lined paper.

Didn't bother with shading or coloring.

Critique?

Me in Jamie Hewlett's style [Crap]

Support NG. Tweeter
"Metraff I'm going to fuck you." - Sodamachine

JoseFonz
JoseFonz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to Me in Jamie Hewlett's style [Crap] Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 10:43 PM Reply

I'm a HUGE jamie hewlett fan. Glad to see i'm not the only person that knows about him.

Metraff
Metraff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Voice Actor
Response to Me in Jamie Hewlett's style [Crap] Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 10:48 PM Reply

At 11/13/12 10:43 PM, JoseFonz wrote: I'm a HUGE jamie hewlett fan. Glad to see i'm not the only person that knows about him.

I love looking back tohis old art, then looking at his newer works. His skills have improved a lot.

Support NG. Tweeter

Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Me in Jamie Hewlett's style [Crap] Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 12:15 AM Reply

At 11/13/12 10:43 PM, JoseFonz wrote: I'm a HUGE jamie hewlett fan. Glad to see i'm not the only person that knows about him.

Haha. I love it when people like something super popular, but think it's actually totally obscure.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
KaDoYuu
KaDoYuu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Animator
Response to Me in Jamie Hewlett's style [Crap] Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 12:48 AM Reply

I enjoy and take influence from his works, too..
This isn't bad at all, for a quick sketch. Just shorten the right arm a little, so the elbows are even?

"Trolls are people who long ago gave up the will to live worthwhile lives, and now dedicate themselves to tormenting others, in attempts to drag victims down to their level."

JoseFonz
JoseFonz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to Me in Jamie Hewlett's style [Crap] Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 05:42 PM Reply

At 11/14/12 12:15 AM, Aigis wrote:
Haha. I love it when people like something super popular, but think it's actually totally obscure.

Lol he isn't obscure? Probably think he's obscure due to the fact that I live in a back asswards place

Metraff
Metraff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Voice Actor
Response to Me in Jamie Hewlett's style [Crap] Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 09:44 PM Reply

At 11/14/12 12:48 AM, KaDoYuu wrote: I enjoy and take influence from his works, too..
This isn't bad at all, for a quick sketch. Just shorten the right arm a little, so the elbows are even?

Thanks for the input.
Yeah the arms looked pretty funky to me after I scanned it... I'll draw another one and post it in this thread sometime soon, see if it looks any better. I've always wanted to do kind of a Gorillaz tribute virtual band. Except have the band be like some sort of superband of Newgrounds. And just come out with short little Jamie Hewlett styled animations like the G Bitez.

Support NG. Tweeter

Metraff
Metraff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Voice Actor
Response to Me in Jamie Hewlett's style [Crap] Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 11:04 PM Reply

At 11/14/12 09:44 PM, 3Flay wrote: Thanks for the input.
Yeah the arms looked pretty funky to me after I scanned it... I'll draw another one and post it in this thread sometime soon, see if it looks any better. I've always wanted to do kind of a Gorillaz tribute virtual band. Except have the band be like some sort of superband of Newgrounds. And just come out with short little Jamie Hewlett styled animations like the G Bitez.

Except we'd have to get a better Jamie Hewlett style artist, like Nandi or someone... I really like her art. I would voice one of characters for the animations. Then, a decent animator would be needed. We'd have to create character concepts & stories, possibly fit it in so it goes from where the Gorillaz' story leaves off. Possibly... I dunno, we'd have to just play that one by ear. Voice actors, of course. As for music, I like the idea of pulling a Plastic Beach move and just having a bunch of musicians from here at NG create the music for them.

If I were to try getting this started, is there anyone who'd actually appreciate it?

Also, I found this pic on Youtube. He coincidentally looks identical to the character I'd created, except for the 8-ball fractures in his eyes.

Support NG. Tweeter

Metraff
Metraff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Voice Actor
Response to Me in Jamie Hewlett's style [Crap] Nov. 16th, 2012 @ 07:41 PM Reply

I think I'd be perfect for this one! I used to rap earlier on in the year before I decided to become a voice actor. I'm 14 too. PM me with more info?

Support NG. Tweeter

Metraff
Metraff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Voice Actor
Response to Me in Jamie Hewlett's style [Crap] Nov. 16th, 2012 @ 07:46 PM Reply

At 11/16/12 07:41 PM, 3Flay wrote: I think I'd be perfect for this one! I used to rap earlier on in the year before I decided to become a voice actor. I'm 14 too. PM me with more info?

Lol oh shit, wrong thread. I had the wrong tab open. And now I've made myself look stupid.
Don'tlookatme.

Support NG. Tweeter