New Topic Respond to this Topic
Ministrel
Ministrel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Should Quran be banned? Nov. 15th, 2012 @ 02:57 PM Reply

At 11/15/12 01:31 PM, Camarohusky wrote: "Saddly many Christians believe the Bible was written word by word by God itself. Like men never had to interpret is [sic] will and write it down. But on the other hand, many Christians are desenchanted with the current state of the faith and are probably already looking into it."

You realise this as happened in the Christians history right?

Dawnslayer
Dawnslayer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Should Quran be banned? Nov. 16th, 2012 @ 09:03 PM Reply

At 11/15/12 02:57 PM, Ministrel wrote:
At 11/15/12 01:31 PM, Camarohusky wrote: "Saddly many Christians believe the Bible was written word by word by God itself. Like men never had to interpret is [sic] will and write it down. But on the other hand, many Christians are desenchanted with the current state of the faith and are probably already looking into it."

I think the point Husky is trying to make is that a new interpretation of a religious text isn't likely to change anything. Christians disenfranchised with the King James Bible (and others) came up with the New Living Translation as an answer. For those people it worked, but the majority of English-speaking congregations still use King James.

Plus, the case of NLT is Christians re-interpreting their own scriptures; if an avowed atheist or a Muslim cleric rewrote the Bible and said 'yours is wrong, this one is better,' there would be an uproar, and possibly violence. A non-Muslim rewriting the Quran would have the same effect.

Dimitrilium
Dimitrilium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Should Quran be banned? Nov. 17th, 2012 @ 12:14 AM Reply

I think Ministrel is talking about supporting muslim clerics reformist. Western leader supporting Islamist cleric, that would be ironic. The act alone would have more impact than the reform itself. Those who already made up there mind won't be affected by reform, it will only have a moderate effect on the long term if it ever happen.

But I like the idea of pure ban of the Quran, hidden war declaration making it just look enough like muslim is the aggressor. WWIII, war economy bring back the West on the rise, mass killing of underarmed muslim weakening the middle east. Then we plunder what ever ressources they have left as we burn down those countries. Ministrel is such an evil military genious, I admire him.

psycho-squirrel
psycho-squirrel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Should Quran be banned? Nov. 20th, 2012 @ 01:52 AM Reply

Should it be banned from America?
No
Why?
Freedom of religion.
You ban one religious book you open the door to let other religions and beliefs be effected too.
Laws effect all of us, not just one group. And freedom means freedom for others not just yourself, even for people you don't like.

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Should Quran be banned? Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 12:46 AM Reply

At 11/20/12 11:59 PM, Austerity wrote: It shouldn't be banned in America because we have freedom of religion, but it should be exposed and known for what it is.

A beautiful work of art that is less violent than the Christian Bibles?

64base
64base
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Programmer
Response to Should Quran be banned? Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 03:01 AM Reply

At 11/21/12 12:46 AM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 11/20/12 11:59 PM, Austerity wrote: It shouldn't be banned in America because we have freedom of religion, but it should be exposed and known for what it is.

Maybe you mean the satanic Talmud? Have you read the insane things they do to babies, (i.e., its fine to rape them and apparently when they cry, "each tear is their innocence of virginity") the punishments to non-Jews of killing and raping children, women, men, old people and all the sexual references (including bestiality) and the comparing of "goys" (non-Jews) to dogs and animals.

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Should Quran be banned? Nov. 30th, 2012 @ 09:01 AM Reply

At 11/21/12 03:01 AM, 64base wrote:
At 11/21/12 12:46 AM, Camarohusky wrote:
Maybe you mean the satanic Talmud? Have you read the insane things they do to babies, (i.e., its fine to rape them and apparently when they cry, "each tear is their innocence of virginity") the punishments to non-Jews of killing and raping children, women, men, old people and all the sexual references (including bestiality) and the comparing of "goys" (non-Jews) to dogs and animals.

I think that if you look an any religious text from long ago, you're going to find that it's going to include violence and beauty. The Bible, Talmud, Quran, etc. all have that crazy stuff in them.

With that in mind, I agree with the philosophy that it's not a good idea to ban any one book due to the fact that if you ban one, it leaves the door open to ban others and then where do you stop? The banning idea just seems like the start of a policy of religious persecution to me.

Sig by Some Guy - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to Should Quran be banned? Nov. 30th, 2012 @ 10:54 AM Reply

At 11/21/12 12:46 AM, Camarohusky wrote: A beautiful work of art that is less violent than the Christian Bibles?

;;;;

Someone much mopre poetic than I ...said "beauty is int he eye of the beholder, & nothing that preaches subjugation, oppression & loss of human rights is by even the broadest discription possible is 'beautiful' In My Opinion.

IF god truely is all powerful & the creatror of all, then it doesn't need to subjugate us & treat us like garbage, to be beholding to a group of masters running our lives under the title of Priest/mullah or whatever else they want to call themselves & they should have to work just as everyone else does, instead of hanging out living off the tithes paid to the church
Lets not forget Zakat is a "pillor" of Islam

As well as sadaqat .... & you give it to the collectors...they'll take care of the poor, after the mullahs are well taken care of course , never forget that ! ~;p

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Should Quran be banned? Dec. 2nd, 2012 @ 07:22 PM Reply

At 11/13/12 09:20 PM, Camarohusky wrote: No the Qur'an shouldn't be banned. It's a beautiful work of poetry

Haha.

"Believers, do not make friends with any but your own people...They desire nothing but your ruin....You believe in the entire Book...When they meet you they say: 'We, too, are believers.' But when alone, they bite their finger-tips with rage." (Surah 3:118, 119)

"If you should die or be slain in the cause of God, His forgiveness and His mercy would surely be better than all the riches..." (Surah 3:156-)

"Believers, take neither Jews nor Christians for your friends." (Surah 5:51)

"Make war on them until idolatry shall cease and God's religion shall reign supreme." (Surah 8:36-)

"Believers, make war on the infidels who dwell around you. Deal firmly with them." (Surah 9:121-)

as are all the religious texts throughout history. Just because sme crazy assholes choose to rape the words into a call for violence HARDLY means the text is evil or hateful.

Rape the words? Or call out the words as they are?

Oh I'm sorry, it's all up to the reader's interpretation.

Even the most righteous, logically sound individuals are subject to poor reasoning skills and deluded mindsets.

BBS Signature
Earfetish
Earfetish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Should Quran be banned? Dec. 2nd, 2012 @ 07:29 PM Reply

At 12/2/12 07:22 PM, 4761 wrote: Oh I'm sorry, it's all up to the reader's interpretation.

I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions just as I handed them on to you. But I want you to understand that Christ is the head of every man, and the husband is the head of his wife, and God is the head of Christ. Any man who prays or prophesies with something on his head disgraces his head, but any woman who prays or prophesies with her head unveiled disgraces her head-it is one and the same thing as having her head shaved. For if a woman will not veil herself, then she should cut off her hair; but if it is disgraceful for a woman to have her hair cut off or to be shaved, she should wear a veil. For a man ought not to have his head veiled, since he is the image and reflection of God; but woman is the reflection of man. Indeed, man was not made from woman, but woman from man. Neither was man created for the sake of woman, but woman for the sake of man. For this reason a woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels. Nevertheless, in the Lord woman is not independent of man or man independent of woman. For just as woman came from man, so man comes through woman; but all things come from God. Judge for yourselves: is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head unveiled? Does not nature itself teach you that if a man wears long hair, it is degrading to him, but if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For her hair is given to her for a covering. But if anyone is disposed to be contentious- we have no such custom, nor do the churches of God. (1 Corinthians 11:2-16)

ie - women should wear a veil - New Testament, so it fucking counts

yes it is open to interpretation, all about the random meaningless interpretation of black-and-white text

Feoric
Feoric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Should Quran be banned? Dec. 2nd, 2012 @ 07:30 PM Reply

Damn, it's almost as if you're cherry picking the most controversial lines out of the Quran to make it seem like the entire book is about hatred! This surely cannot be done with any other holy book.

• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Should Quran be banned? Dec. 2nd, 2012 @ 07:41 PM Reply

At 12/2/12 07:30 PM, Feoric wrote: Damn, it's almost as if you're cherry picking the most controversial lines out of the Quran to make it seem like the entire book is about hatred! This surely cannot be done with any other holy book.

If there is a book that has 99% "beauty" and 1% about "being violent in the name of religion or God" or crap about doing horrific things in the name of religion, I don't care how much controversial lines there are, it's still a monstrosity of a book.

If there is any book that incites violence or even the thought of violence, even in a few pages, it makes all the difference.

That being said, I am against the banning of the Qur'an. But not because of that "religious freedom" aspect, rather the fact that it won't actually do anything. Muslims will still have these books and the whole ban will lead to even more problems.

Even the most righteous, logically sound individuals are subject to poor reasoning skills and deluded mindsets.

BBS Signature
Earfetish
Earfetish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Should Quran be banned? Dec. 2nd, 2012 @ 07:44 PM Reply

Do not think that I came to bring peace on Earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man's enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it. (Matthew 10:34-39)

Joshuajosephmills
Joshuajosephmills
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Should Quran be banned? Dec. 2nd, 2012 @ 09:14 PM Reply

I don't think the quran should be banned. Everyone has a right to read what they want to, no matter how wrong or right they may be. Banning the quran won't work anyways. It'd be about as easy as banning the Bible.... or it'd be like trying to ban 50 shades of grey. It's too late to ban that stuff.
Besides, the quran is a pivotal part of human history now. We don't just get rid of the parts of history we don't like. I'm no muslim, and I've been targeted by muslim hate while I was visiting Albania, but whatever... Some people can use any book in the wrong way... and the quran is no exception. Asking if we should ban the quran is the exact same question as "Should we ban Muslims?"
I'm sure you wouldn't get a very positive response to that question...

Joshuajosephmills
Joshuajosephmills
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Should Quran be banned? Dec. 2nd, 2012 @ 09:20 PM Reply

At 12/2/12 07:22 PM, 4761 wrote:
At 11/13/12 09:20 PM, Camarohusky wrote: No the Qur'an shouldn't be banned. It's a beautiful work of poetry
Haha.

"Believers, do not make friends with any but your own people...They desire nothing but your ruin....You believe in the entire Book...When they meet you they say: 'We, too, are believers.' But when alone, they bite their finger-tips with rage." (Surah 3:118, 119)

"If you should die or be slain in the cause of God, His forgiveness and His mercy would surely be better than all the riches..." (Surah 3:156-)

"Believers, take neither Jews nor Christians for your friends." (Surah 5:51)

"Make war on them until idolatry shall cease and God's religion shall reign supreme." (Surah 8:36-)

"Believers, make war on the infidels who dwell around you. Deal firmly with them." (Surah 9:121-)

as are all the religious texts throughout history. Just because sme crazy assholes choose to rape the words into a call for violence HARDLY means the text is evil or hateful.
Rape the words? Or call out the words as they are?

Oh I'm sorry, it's all up to the reader's interpretation.

Yeah man, muslims ARE violent. I've personally been attacked by 2 of them because I am a Christian. They ran the store on the bottom floor of the building I was staying in. They were brothers... bad humans in my opinion. But still, my wife's best friend is a muslim too and she's pretty cool. Banning the quran isn't going to change anyone because it's digital now. You can never get rid of the quran. Muslims give birth to more muslims and you can't really stop it at this point. I still feel angry and I seriously wish I could kill those two bastards... but I've never read the quran, so where does this anger come from? :P

Revo357912
Revo357912
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Should Quran be banned? Dec. 2nd, 2012 @ 09:36 PM Reply

You know, I'm gonna go out of bounds here and say it:

Don't you think the OP is Trolling?

His account was made on the 13th, all his posts are in this one thread (all 9 of them), and he has no favorites.

Not saying he is trolling yall, but there is a chance he is, you know.

BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Should Quran be banned? Dec. 2nd, 2012 @ 09:42 PM Reply

At 12/2/12 09:36 PM, Revo357912 wrote: You know, I'm gonna go out of bounds here and say it:

Don't you think the OP is Trolling?

His account was made on the 13th, all his posts are in this one thread (all 9 of them), and he has no favorites.

Not saying he is trolling yall, but there is a chance he is, you know.

I think it is a sock puppet account made on the same day as "WhitePowerUSA" which is also a sock puppet account and both are owned by the same troll and who that is would be up for debate but this thread was absolutely made by a sock puppet account troll after taking a second look.

BBS Signature
Joshuajosephmills
Joshuajosephmills
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Should Quran be banned? Dec. 2nd, 2012 @ 09:46 PM Reply

At 11/15/12 02:57 PM, Ministrel wrote:

Just one thing... It was the Jews that slaughtered 7 nations to take their land... Not the Christians. In the early time of Christianity, the Christians were considered a sect in Jeruselem. A total Minority. The old testament has nothing to do with Christians. The old testament was just prophesying the birth of Christianity. I don't know any Christians that are disenchanted with Christianity. There's nothing to look into. Maybe I'm in the dark but... not since the time of the Knights Templars have I heard of any radical Christians going around and killing muslims. Today, muslims don't kill Christians, they simply hate anyone in "Western" countries. That is, the radical ones do.
Funny thing is that the radical muslims have just about a 50/50 chance of killing muslims right along with the "infidels" because they live right here among us.

Warforger
Warforger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Should Quran be banned? Dec. 3rd, 2012 @ 07:28 PM Reply

At 12/2/12 09:46 PM, Joshuajosephmills wrote: Just one thing... It was the Jews that slaughtered 7 nations to take their land... Not the Christians. In the early time of Christianity, the Christians were considered a sect in Jeruselem. A total Minority. The old testament has nothing to do with Christians. The old testament was just prophesying the birth of Christianity. I don't know any Christians that are disenchanted with Christianity. There's nothing to look into. Maybe I'm in the dark but... not since the time of the Knights Templars have I heard of any radical Christians going around and killing muslims. Today, muslims don't kill Christians, they simply hate anyone in "Western" countries. That is, the radical ones do.

Yah I think he was talking about the Crusades and how the Christians massacred the Semitic peoples (Jews, Muslims and even Arabic Christians as well) to create a Christian Palestine. Eventually of course they were pushed back.

Funny thing is that the radical muslims have just about a 50/50 chance of killing muslims right along with the "infidels" because they live right here among us.

Yah that;s partly why terrorists groups have lost support. You can't exactly tell people you're doing God's will when you're killing innocents.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.
" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Should Quran be banned? Dec. 3rd, 2012 @ 08:44 PM Reply

At 12/3/12 07:28 PM, Warforger wrote:
Yah that;s partly why terrorists groups have lost support. You can't exactly tell people you're doing God's will when you're killing innocents.

Same can be said of the US Military !

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Should Quran be banned? Dec. 7th, 2012 @ 09:21 PM Reply

At 12/2/12 09:20 PM, Joshuajosephmills wrote:
At 12/2/12 07:22 PM, 4761 wrote:
Haha.
Yeah man, muslims ARE violent. I've personally been attacked by 2 of them because I am a Christian. They ran the store on the bottom floor of the building I was staying in. They were brothers... bad humans in my opinion. But still, my wife's best friend is a muslim too and she's pretty cool. Banning the quran isn't going to change anyone because it's digital now. You can never get rid of the quran. Muslims give birth to more muslims and you can't really stop it at this point. I still feel angry and I seriously wish I could kill those two bastards... but I've never read the quran, so where does this anger come from? :P

Muslims are violent? Funny, I never claimed or implied Muslims were violent. Camarohusky made a comment about the Quran being "a beautiful work of poetry". I pointed out lines from the Quran that show that it is filled with sadistic hatred and filth, not elegant verses of poetry. And even if there actually aren't violent verses in the holy scripture, there is still zero reason to believe that a book that people use to dictate their's and other people's lives should be labeled "poetry".

BBS Signature
KiwiSundae
KiwiSundae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Should Quran be banned? Dec. 7th, 2012 @ 10:40 PM Reply

Well, this is a new low. No, the Quran should NOT be banned. It's the Muslim holy book and you want to ban it? What for? The Muslims didn't do anything wrong.

The time for making a webcomic is now..Introducing...

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Should Quran be banned? Dec. 8th, 2012 @ 01:30 AM Reply

At 12/7/12 09:21 PM, 4761 wrote: And even if there actually aren't violent verses in the holy scripture, there is still zero reason to believe that a book that people use to dictate their's and other people's lives should be labeled "poetry".

I know a couple of guys named Merrian and Webster who would disagree. Let's see what they hve to say.

"writing that formulates a concentrated imaginative awareness of experience in language chosen and arranged to create a specific emotional response through meaning"

That sums up all of the religious texts quite nicely.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Should Quran be banned? Dec. 8th, 2012 @ 02:43 AM Reply

if the quaran is to be banned so should the bible, Torah, 50 Shades of Grey and Twilight.

VinnieMackelmore
VinnieMackelmore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Should Quran be banned? Dec. 17th, 2013 @ 08:20 AM Reply

I think that Quran should not banned all over the world.For Muslims like me,should read it all the time to erase all of the sins that we've done.Even though alot ( or a few ) of Jewish/Christ burn Quran in religous protest and that is isn't fair for all Muslims.What if one day,we burn bible infront of Cristians,they would be mad don't they?

BBS Signature
VinnieMackelmore
VinnieMackelmore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Should Quran be banned? Dec. 17th, 2013 @ 08:21 AM Reply

At 12/8/12 02:43 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: if the quaran is to be banned so should the bible, Torah, 50 Shades of Grey and Twilight.

and Percy Jackson books and films that consist the 'One Eyed Guy'

BBS Signature
Razefan
Razefan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Should Quran be banned? Dec. 17th, 2013 @ 03:00 PM Reply

Please read the Quran before making such an idiotic post…
http://www.misconceptions-about-islam.com

MonochromeMonitor
MonochromeMonitor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Programmer
Response to Should Quran be banned? Dec. 30th, 2013 @ 10:57 AM Reply

Should bible be banned?

This is retarded.

BBS Signature
AJ
AJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Should Quran be banned? Dec. 30th, 2013 @ 11:43 AM Reply

The problem with this line of thinking is that it doesn't address the underlying issue. It's not the existence of Islam that creates sectarianism. It's the wedge between those who follow Islam and those who don't. Any attempts to ban the Quran would create more tensions and violence between those who follow it and those who don't, because it validates fears Muslims have towards the secular and other religious people. When someone says "ban the Quran," they're just exposing their own sectarian belief (secularism), and their willingness to subvert and oppress others in order to further their own belief structure.

MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Should Quran be banned? Dec. 30th, 2013 @ 11:47 AM Reply

Even if the quran is much worse than the bible, the act of banning it would force it underground, turn their religion into an illegal activity and therefor cause a major backlash as the muslims would be more hostile towards the western world now that their beliefs are being persecuted.

BBS Signature