New Topic Respond to this Topic
Shadria
Shadria
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Programmer
Response to Movie Theater Popcorn 2012-11-16 18:33:56 Reply

I hate mayo, whip cream, cheese and plain milk. And lots of other things really, but these usually come to mind.

I like movie theater popcorn, though.

BBS Signature
Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Audiophile
Response to Movie Theater Popcorn 2012-11-16 18:35:34 Reply

At 11/16/12 06:33 PM, Shadria wrote: I hate mayo, whip cream, cheese and plain milk. And lots of other things really, but these usually come to mind.

I like movie theater popcorn, though.

Plain milk master race reporting in.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
Joonday
Joonday
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Movie Buff
Response to Movie Theater Popcorn 2012-11-16 22:44:12 Reply

Movie popcorn is the best! I work at a movie theater and I'm still not sick of it.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Movie Theater Popcorn 2012-11-16 23:15:53 Reply

At 11/16/12 05:28 PM, sweet21 wrote: I dont know why you'd think that, it tastes like any other kind of popcorn, not like popcorn can be different in the first place.
They pop it in front of your friggin' face, they cant add anything.

It always comes out with butter substitute all over it. So, there can be a difference.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
Th-e
Th-e
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Movie Theater Popcorn 2012-11-16 23:21:25 Reply

Well, enjoy your movie theater popcorn now while you still can, because I can see it being banned in the near term as part of these laws to combat obesity. It's days may be numbered.

Of course, I am probably just being a pessimist. Then again, Hostess is going out of business, so I cannot rule out the death of movie theater popcorn.

--------------------------------------------------

Oh, and two things I could never get into: ice cream and chewing/bubble gum.
My father hates ketchup, and my brother's wife isn't a fan of hamburgers.

Feel no mercy for me. It will only cause you to suffer as well.

Omegeist
Omegeist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Movie Theater Popcorn 2013-04-04 16:39:22 Reply

At 11/16/12 10:44 PM, Joonday wrote: Movie popcorn is the best! I work at a movie theater and I'm still not sick of it.

I actually recently did a study on it for a class i'm taking. The butter and salt is almost always artificial and the kernels themselves can be extremely old.

mechadude32
mechadude32
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Movie Theater Popcorn 2013-04-04 21:54:16 Reply

Chocolate pretzals

This is a sig you dumbass.

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to Movie Theater Popcorn 2013-04-04 21:59:27 Reply

At 11/12/12 09:20 PM, Omegeist wrote: I cant eat movie theater popcorn without throwing up. Its disgusting and tastes like artificial salt mixed with margarine and stale sugar free marshmallows. My friends all love it but honestly i cant think about it without throwing up in my mouth. Do you have a food you cant stand but everyone else seems to love.

You know they reheat old popcorn that they save in trash bags. The trash bags of course are clean, but they reheat old popcorn. I know this because I used to work there and found this disgusting.

I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

Nitro24
Nitro24
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Animator
Response to Movie Theater Popcorn 2013-04-04 22:08:46 Reply

Milk and cheese. Not lactose intolerant or anything, just can't stand the taste/smell.

I can have cheese when it's on pizza or milk with cereal so in other words, when I can't taste it, but if it's on it's own it makes me gag.

fuzzum111
fuzzum111
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Movie Theater Popcorn 2013-04-05 02:54:26 Reply

Make a video of trying to eat some movie popcorn, I wanna see you puke :3

My Youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/fuzzum1 11
If you get a ban, it was totally worth it. 10/10, I love you. -Skaren

BBS Signature
simon
simon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Movie Theater Popcorn 2013-04-05 03:15:09 Reply

Nutella, urgh.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Playstation ID: SCParry || Steam ID: GNS_SimpLe
3DS Friend Code: 2878-9581-7218 || Nintendo ID: SCParry

BBS Signature
Latere
Latere
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Melancholy
Response to Movie Theater Popcorn 2013-04-05 03:51:49 Reply

Any coffee ANYTHING, and McDonald's Big Macs.

Just passing through.

Dignatio
Dignatio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to Movie Theater Popcorn 2013-04-05 04:00:00 Reply

Pickles are disgusting.

dig nay shee oh
ignore all of my posts
i stole this account from a friend and i have no idea what type of sick twisted sister shit was on here

BBS Signature
Tstelie
Tstelie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Movie Theater Popcorn 2013-04-05 04:43:44 Reply

Why dont you eat your genetically modifed bt toxin corn at home i dont understand why they have to sell the noisiest food out there at theatres

Jojo
Jojo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Programmer
Response to Movie Theater Popcorn 2013-04-05 05:14:20 Reply

I can't eat spaghetti & meatballs. Yeah, it's pretty much the greatest food ever but, if I eat it it fucks my insides & I feel like complete shit for about 4 hours. Maybe it's the tomato sauce (acid).

"Weight 4.5 inches?" — yetanotherjohn. "Oh whoops I thought that was the field for penis length... And uh Luis filled that one out." — TomFulp.

BBS Signature
Dr-Worm
Dr-Worm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Movie Buff
Response to Movie Theater Popcorn 2013-04-05 07:35:37 Reply

Movie theater popcorn is disgusting, and I've heard horror stories about the sanitation of those tubs. I'll just stick to my Reese's Pieces.

Though even if you don't like the popcorn, please buy something at the concessions stand, unless you're okay with there being no movie theaters left in ten years. There's a reason why shit's so expensive there: because the studios are constantly taking bigger and bigger cuts of the box office receipts, it's basically the only way the theaters make money anymore.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: If... (Anderson, 1968, UK) | Letterboxd | Last.fm

BBS Signature
Omegeist
Omegeist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Movie Theater Popcorn 2013-04-05 10:37:51 Reply

At 4/5/13 05:14 AM, Jojo55 wrote: I can't eat spaghetti & meatballs.

You should be ashamed of yourself

triplenoob
triplenoob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Movie Buff
Response to Movie Theater Popcorn 2013-04-05 10:45:25 Reply

At 4/4/13 04:39 PM, Omegeist wrote:
At 11/16/12 10:44 PM, Joonday wrote: Movie popcorn is the best! I work at a movie theater and I'm still not sick of it.
I actually recently did a study on it for a class i'm taking. The butter and salt is almost always artificial and the kernels themselves can be extremely old.

Bumping up your own old thread is a mark of pure douchebaggery. You should feel ashamed.
On a side note, I fucking hate vanilla ice cream. It's disgusting.

[My Art] Sig made by me PM me if you want one just as sexy, or request one here

BBS Signature
scoutthesoldier
scoutthesoldier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Movie Theater Popcorn 2013-04-05 11:46:22 Reply

Salmon. Wazzup with that?

Movie Theater Popcorn

That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to Movie Theater Popcorn 2013-04-05 12:17:38 Reply

Popcorn is fairly disgusting in general in my opinion, so I never buy it. In fact, I never buy anything at my local theatre as the prices are completely outrageous. Even with the 10% discount from my subscription, it's still like 3 bucks for a coke and 4 bucks for some nachos. I always feel like I'll just go get something to eat and drink elsewhere after the film.

At 4/5/13 07:35 AM, Dr-Worm wrote: Though even if you don't like the popcorn, please buy something at the concessions stand, unless you're okay with there being no movie theaters left in ten years...

Could be, but in my case: I don't feel that much sympathy for my local cinema(s) to be honest. They're part of this big chain that buy up all the smaller theatres in my country. They're practically a monopolist already; If I want to watch any popular film I can only watch it at their cinemas.

So they mean about as much to me as McDonald's and Coca Cola. I wouldn't care much at all if they bite the dust.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 16 November 2014)

BBS Signature
Dr-Worm
Dr-Worm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Movie Buff
Response to Movie Theater Popcorn 2013-04-05 12:36:40 Reply

At 4/5/13 12:17 PM, Auz wrote: Popcorn is fairly disgusting in general in my opinion, so I never buy it.

Eh, popcorn is fine when they don't drench it in toxic waste like they do at the movie theater.

Could be, but in my case: I don't feel that much sympathy for my local cinema(s) to be honest. They're part of this big chain that buy up all the smaller theatres in my country.

Yeah, I definitely have less sympathy for the big multiplex chains than I do for the smaller arthouses and whatnot, but at the same time I still always make sure to buy something in either case. It's not about sympathy, really. I just love the experience of going to the movies, and I would hate to see it disappear. I think some things are just better when viewed on a giant-ass screen with a bunch of strangers in the dark as opposed to on a cell phone on the bus.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: If... (Anderson, 1968, UK) | Letterboxd | Last.fm

BBS Signature
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to Movie Theater Popcorn 2013-04-05 14:05:59 Reply

At 4/5/13 07:35 AM, Dr-Worm wrote: Movie theater popcorn is disgusting, and I've heard horror stories about the sanitation of those tubs. I'll just stick to my Reese's Pieces.

Though even if you don't like the popcorn, please buy something at the concessions stand, unless you're okay with there being no movie theaters left in ten years. There's a reason why shit's so expensive there: because the studios are constantly taking bigger and bigger cuts of the box office receipts, it's basically the only way the theaters make money anymore.

Won't the Movie companies in Hollywood have to cut a deal with Theaters if it ever got that far? And I doubt that it will ever get that far anyways. The movie companies make insane business on their food on Fridays and Saturday Nights.

I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

SneakyGameBoy
SneakyGameBoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Movie Theater Popcorn 2013-04-05 15:06:32 Reply

Ketchup. I can't stand the taste of it. I've tasted ketchup all of my life and I still hate it. Whenever I taste it, I gag no matter what, even the smell of it disgusts me, and people think I'm weird because I hate it. Almost everyone I know uses it on every food that provides it, hotdog, omelet, burger, and french fries. I just eat them regularly with no condiment.

Don't get me wrong I love tomatoes but when it's all sugared up and salted it makes me want to throw up. I'm kinda glad that I hate it because it's not even healthy for you in the first place with the sugar and salt that contains in it.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature
WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to Movie Theater Popcorn 2013-04-05 15:08:13 Reply

I make my own delicious popcorn.

https://vine.co/v/bIU6OhMjKuw

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER
Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK
Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Movie Theater Popcorn 2013-04-05 19:26:32 Reply

At 4/5/13 07:35 AM, Dr-Worm wrote: Movie theater popcorn is disgusting, and I've heard horror stories about the sanitation of those tubs. I'll just stick to my Reese's Pieces.

At least for me, movie theater popcorn generally varies from theater to theater, but I always love the popcorn from that drive-in theater that I used to go to a lot, too bad it's only open half of the year, if that.

Though even if you don't like the popcorn, please buy something at the concessions stand, unless you're okay with there being no movie theaters left in ten years.

When you put it that way, I agree to an extent. Other than that, I simply have a hard time trying to justify buying a $8-$10 bucket of popcorn, $5-$7 box of candy, and a $5 dollar soda to go with that ticket which can range from $10-$20 a pop. I understand why they have to do this, because movie studios, {both the big name and even the indie ones} are taking a much larger cut of the profits than before. {which is why you see all those box office records being smashed constantly}

There's a reason why shit's so expensive there: because the studios are constantly taking bigger and bigger cuts of the box office receipts, it's basically the only way the theaters make money anymore.

It feels like we had this conversation before on a similar thread.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature