Be a Supporter!
holyhelltv
holyhelltv
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Artist
How do i make games? Nov. 12th, 2012 @ 05:52 PM Reply

Okay, well, I'm fairly new here (just kidding) but anyway, I really would like to make hentai games. However this is my situation, my situation... is, well REALLY sad, and... well, fuck I have no idea how to code! I mean, I've tried....but its just to complex. like... I made one game, and it was pretty hard for me, and it sucked santas balls, anyway, I'm just rambling...

I mean to ask this very simple question um....
what would be the more intelligent approach at grasping the coding and game making information i'd require in order to achieve my goal? like where do I go to learn how to code/make games? I'd like to know where some of you learned how.
well, "college" would seem like an obvious answer but, any other suggestions? with out burning my head on wikipedia or something?

Thegluestickman
Thegluestickman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to How do i make games? Nov. 12th, 2012 @ 06:42 PM Reply

At 11/12/12 05:52 PM, holyhelltv wrote: I really would like to make hentai games.

Well at least you have your honesty.

what would be the more intelligent approach at grasping the coding and game making information i'd require in order to achieve my goal? like where do I go to learn how to code/make games? I'd like to know where some of you learned how.
well, "college" would seem like an obvious answer but, any other suggestions? with out burning my head on wikipedia or something?

Yeah I don't recommend Wikipedia for self teaching anything coding related. There's a page on describing parameters.

I digress, but you are gonna wanna learn AS3 for your avenue. I am assuming that you want to make games for newgrounds?

egg82 made some wonderful tutorials for beginning on AS3 - I'm sure he doesn't mind the plug

He does a great job breaking down the basics, so give it a read when you have the time.

To protect the world from devastation.
kidd25 is the best Newgrounder ever.

BBS Signature
holyhelltv
holyhelltv
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Artist
Response to How do i make games? Nov. 12th, 2012 @ 06:49 PM Reply

sweet thanks, getting information like this are like steps closer to the dream of mine.

egg82
egg82
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to How do i make games? Nov. 12th, 2012 @ 06:56 PM Reply

yay, I r useful :3

Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras)
PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled.
thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature
PandaexpressMan
PandaexpressMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to How do i make games? Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 05:27 PM Reply

http://thenewboston.org/ this has A BUNCH OF TUTORIALS for programming!!!!

holyhelltv
holyhelltv
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Artist
Response to How do i make games? Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 09:22 PM Reply

At 11/13/12 05:27 PM, PandaexpressMan wrote: http://thenewboston.org/ this has A BUNCH OF TUTORIALS for programming!!!!

wow, thanks!

i guess i better get to work....

andre1978
andre1978
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to How do i make games? Nov. 20th, 2012 @ 02:01 AM Reply

At 11/12/12 05:52 PM, holyhelltv wrote: Okay, well, I'm fairly new here (just kidding) but anyway, I really would like to make hentai games. However this is my situation, my situation... is, well REALLY sad, and... well, fuck I have no idea how to code! I mean, I've tried....but its just to complex. like... I made one game, and it was pretty hard for me, and it sucked santas balls, anyway, I'm just rambling...

you can make games even any types you want but you must have some programing skills.......
you need to learn HTML5 with canvas to make games on browsers.....
this is a lovely trick from me, why don't you use this.......
you can search on google for more tutorials to learn more about HTML5 and Canvas...............
i hope you found this post helpful..................

cismohit
cismohit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to How do i make games? Nov. 20th, 2012 @ 08:11 AM Reply

just start DRWAINGs...i will convert it into games

dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to How do i make games? Nov. 20th, 2012 @ 06:19 PM Reply

At 11/20/12 08:11 AM, cismohit wrote: just start DRWAINGs...i will convert it into games

Um, what?

What comes around goes around...

BBS Signature