We're all going to die.

Baby-Bottle-Bob
Baby-Bottle-Bob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Global Warming Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 05:17 PM Reply

Global Warming fake than a mother fucka. If that shit was real we all gon be dead in 10 years.

BBS Signature
Insanctuary
Insanctuary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Global Warming Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 06:35 PM Reply

Global Warming is like Ignorance; We the people know it's there, we know it's destroying our lives gradually, but we do not want to take responsibility for our actions - or the lack of action.

You do not make examples, you make excuses; you do not solve problems, you shift problems; you do not stand behind your statements, you stand behind your stasis.

i-am-ghey
i-am-ghey
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 42
Melancholy
Response to Global Warming Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 11:05 PM Reply

i think i know why some people believe that there is no direct relation between global warming and carbon dioxide emssion.

in the 1960s, there was a slight decrease in average temperature, while the CO2 concentration continued to increase. but keep in mind that there is more than one factor that affect the world's climate. at that time, there were many suspended particles in the atmosphere (air was more polluted), and this actually blocked sun light from reaching earth. and hence, the effect of cooling due to air pollution overrode the effect of warming due to CO2 emission. this explanation is widely accepted in the scientific community.

At 11/13/12 02:13 PM, Step wrote:

(some have already hypothesised that Hurricane Sandy may have been due to climate change).

this is defintely not true. hurricane sandy managed to maintain its intensity because it intereacts with upper level trough and then a cold front. it is not directly related to climate change/global warming... etc.

at most, you can say the reason why there are more hurricanes/storms, is because of climate change, which is a long-term effect.

^Just another nonsensical forum post.^