New Topic Respond to this Topic
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Young pregnancy= Felony Nov. 12th, 2012 @ 09:56 AM Reply

At 11/11/12 07:34 PM, Armissea wrote: Shit happens isnt just an excuse.

I never said it was.

Our society is being plagued with young pregnancies all around the child is cursed with living in a forever poor environment with virtually no inheritance after the parents death.

No child should ever grow up wanting to use their parents' hard earned cash to further themselves. I'll never assume that I'm going to get anything from my parents upon their demise, as I'm not sure that there is going to be anything, nor that I won't do something stupid enough to get written out of their will between now and then.

People are living longer these days, thus they should not put off moving out, so that they can get a good place, when their parents have gone on, otherwise they will live at home until gone 60.

They are guaranteed virtually no assistance with college and it will be a tough road for the kid to grow up on his whole life.

I never had assistance from my parents to get to University - I worked damned hard for it and it taught me a lot more about life than getting funding handed to you on a plate could do.

poor children are street dwellers and future criminals

Bullshit.

We need to make it a felony punishable up to 8 years per count to send a message

Really? How hard is it going to be for the children to grow up in any way "normal", given that their parents have criminal records?

Premaritals without protection = fucking retarded.

I've gone bareback with a few girls and not been married yet. Are you calling me a retard? I've not gotten any of the girls involved pregnant and not caught anything nasty, to my knowledge, so how does this make me a retard?

NO DEALS. NO PROBATION AND NO PAROLE.

You do the crime you do the time ALL OF IT.

I should probably ban you straight away for this and throw the key away. I'm going to be lenient, though I don't know why. Give me your counter argument and make it good.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Phobotech
Phobotech
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Animator
Response to Young pregnancy= Felony Nov. 12th, 2012 @ 10:16 AM Reply

Sounds like some police state bullshit.

How about this, instead of jamming innocent teenagers into college, how about you encourage their family to, oh I dunno, talk to them and teach them about, uhh, life.

This isn't a new problem, and in some instances and perspectives, it ain't even a problem to begin with.

The solution ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT be found with encarceration. Your entire argument against teen pregnancy orbits around endebtment and money...how in the fuck do you expect to help a young adult who is now pregnant by fining them and preventing them from working.

That's more retarded than teenager's inevitably having unprotected sex.

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature
Phobotech
Phobotech
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Animator
Response to Young pregnancy= Felony Nov. 12th, 2012 @ 10:18 AM Reply

At 11/12/12 10:16 AM, Phobotech wrote:
How about this, instead of jamming innocent teenagers into college, how about you encourage their family to, oh I dunno, talk to them and teach them about, uhh, life.

Hahahaha, college. I meant prison. OHHH MAN am I tired.

But yeah, additionally, what's it matter to you? It ain't your body, it ain't your kid, and it damn well ain't your business. Thankfully you aren't running for any job position with law-making influence, so just chill out with the crazy talk, will ya?

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature
Phobotech
Phobotech
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Animator
Response to Young pregnancy= Felony Nov. 12th, 2012 @ 10:21 AM Reply

Also, lmfao...you think teenaged moms breed criminals? You know what'll REALLY breed a criminal? Prisoners. Hormonal, grouchy pregnant prisoners surrounded by OTHER grouchy prisoners.

I'm pretty sure "prison babies" are going to do A LOT more societal damage than perfectly healthy, normal, and common teen pregg offsprings.

Or would you rather immediately orphan whatever pops out? That just sounds swell.

BBS Signature
Phobotech
Phobotech
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Animator
Response to Young pregnancy= Felony Nov. 12th, 2012 @ 10:30 AM Reply

This is...just astoundingly stupid.

I know too many young mamas that were classmates who are doing just fine with the support of their family. Almost all of them are single, and they all work. Some are paying for everything because the father dodges child support, and yet, these young mamas ain't crumbling...and they're ridiculously happy because of their child. They love the shit out of their kid.

1940. My grandma gave birth to my father at the age of 15. My dad loves to joke "we practically grew up together" and both my dad and my grandma have turned out perfectly fine.

There's a reason this isn't a goddamn federal offense, OP. We should make stupidity illegal instead by reforming schools into doing a better fucking job.

BBS Signature
Dry-Ice
Dry-Ice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Young pregnancy= Felony Nov. 12th, 2012 @ 10:31 AM Reply

At 11/12/12 01:24 AM, vannila-guerilla wrote:
At 11/12/12 12:22 AM, Dry-Ice wrote:
At 11/12/12 12:17 AM, SnakeSkull wrote: Because laws will stop criminals.
Something going from legal to illegal won't impact it's perpetration rate?
Has it worked on any drug? Did it work with alcohol in early 20th century America?

Pregnancy =/= drug.

Also, yes if certain illegal drugs were legal more people would use them. I know people who specifically avoid certain drugs just because they're against the law, while the same person loves to drink alcohol.

BBS Mod, PM me if you have something to report.

BBS Signature
ohbombuh
ohbombuh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Young pregnancy= Felony Nov. 12th, 2012 @ 10:36 AM Reply

At 11/12/12 10:31 AM, Dry-Ice wrote: Pregnancy =/= drug.

Sex>drugs.

The simple fact is that some people will never be happy, no matter how good their lives are.

BBS Signature
ModernPatriot
ModernPatriot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Young pregnancy= Felony Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 06:46 AM Reply

At 11/11/12 08:35 PM, vannila-guerilla wrote:
At 11/11/12 07:34 PM, Armissea wrote:
We need to make it a felony punishable up to 8 years per count to send a message
Proof OP is either a complete moron or trolling.

Yeah, an 8 year prison system for getting pregnant because it's immoral. Silly fascist.

He never said that his reasoning behind this is purely on a moral basis.

But alas, children raising children is no accident, we are now witnessing The Death Of The West.

Woe is us.

A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature
Insanctuary
Insanctuary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Young pregnancy= Felony Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 06:51 AM Reply

At 11/11/12 07:34 PM, Armissea wrote: Welcome Home.

Such a fool. So much a fool, that you fool the fool in yourself. I am 100% certain that your OP is 100% flawed, and you 100% would disobey your own quirky regulations riddled with premature ire. The problem isn't the people who are getting themselves trapped in these bad environments. The problem is why the environment was bad to begin with. Like your OP.

You do not make examples, you make excuses; you do not solve problems, you shift problems; you do not stand behind your statements, you stand behind your stasis.

xxxcreep
xxxcreep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Young pregnancy= Felony Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 07:23 AM Reply

The poor get financial Aid and Obamacare. Pregnant teenagers can get abortions if they were smart enough to realize that they are being stupid for keeping a baby with no means to take care of it. I know a few people who used to be my friends that got knocked up and are poor and live off the damn government. They have no will to go get a damn job and get the fuck off welfare. Another person i know gets 1,000$ a month for her one child and gives the check to the baby daddy so he can drink all day. Hes younger than me and I'm only 20.

"Man, I nearly snapped my twig. Then again I nearly snapped A few of you"- Alice in Chains

BBS Signature
DumbassDude
DumbassDude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Voice Actor
Response to Young pregnancy= Felony Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 07:35 AM Reply

I agree that there should be more severe procedures in place when dealing with teenage pregnancies, but I can't really think of one that wouldn't cause massive controversy to at least one group of people, and I don't think detaining pregnant teens will really do anything other than incite hate and fill up prisons. Not to mention imprisoning a pregnant woman would probably cause damage to the baby.

If it was up to me, I'd say if you're going to have sex without contraception and end up pregnant, you're sure as hell not getting any money from the government. The couple are going to either tough up and deal with the situation they're in without financial aid, or put the baby up for adoption so the child goes to a foster home or new family and has a stable upbringing.

BBS Signature
SomeTurtle
SomeTurtle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Young pregnancy= Felony Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 08:25 AM Reply

At 11/11/12 07:49 PM, Dry-Ice wrote: The idea that children should be held responsible for having more children is perhaps the correct idea aimed at the wrong people. It should be the parents of said children who are responsible for bad parenting for letting their child have a child. But I don't necessarily disagree with a restriction being put on the constant unchecked rampant childbirth.

Parent's can't be completely held responsible. There is only so much a parent can do to prevent their kids from making stupid decisions. And I'm not a parent, this is coming from when I was a kid. I was taught not to smoke anything or do drugs but I found ways of doing so and hiding it. A kid/teenager is going to do what they want and there is only so much a parent can do...very sick of hearing this same line being repeated for every thing involving kids. That's not to say to an extent there isn't some truth in it, but 9 times out of 10 it's the default argument.

If a kid is old enough to have sex, then they are old enough to face consequences. Maybe people should take some initiative and boycott shows like Teen Mom(which sadly some kids actually try to get on by getting pregnant), further expanding sex education(and maybe even make a small introduction to parenting a mandatory task to show it's no easy feat), and bringing in teen parents to speak to the class and explain what life is like.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Young pregnancy= Felony Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 08:44 AM Reply

Anyone who gets pregnant at a young age is a fucking idiot and should have their baby forcibly aborted because theyre obviously too stupid and not fit to raise a child.

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Young pregnancy= Felony Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 09:07 AM Reply

Anyone who doesn't use contraception and gets pregnant when young should be penalized, both the male and female. It may seem bad but it is the only way to get it into retards minds to start doing such things. If they did indeed use contraception properly but it failed to work then it is more acceptable but if its just that the condom broke then it only proves how retarded they are to not notice and not use day after pills. How exactly the law would go around enforcing and checking such things I don't know, but it should be done. There is already far to much population growth in first world countries and ignorant teenagers adding to that isn't helping matters at all.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
SONNYISAWSOME
SONNYISAWSOME
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Young pregnancy= Felony Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 08:42 PM Reply

Don't worry about young pregnancy,because the problem is theirs,not yours

Suprememessage
Suprememessage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Writer
Response to Young pregnancy= Felony Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 08:49 PM Reply

At 11/12/12 01:26 AM, KurtWilder2027 wrote: Kind of harsh, but whatever dude.

KIND of harsh!? This guy is so extreme Adolf Hitler would tell him to calm his tits.

Member of Alpha Team in the WNG. Find out how to join here.

BBS Signature
DarkMatter
DarkMatter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to Young pregnancy= Felony Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 09:06 PM Reply

What are you Chinese? Are we having laws that permit couples to only have 2 children? While I agree it's completely ridiculous that people are having kids when they themselves aren't even adults, punishing them with 8 years of prison is simply stupid, and I'll explain why.

First of all, if you can't take care of a child yourself, there's this thing called adoption, and while being a foster child isn't all candy and ice cream, it should be better for the child in the long run than growing up in a bad neighborhood.

Second, who are you to decide what a substantial punishment is for these people? The fact that people like you think that people need to suffer on top of the mistake they made goes to show why this country (USA) has the highest prison population than any other country.

Third, 8 years? Are you fucking serious? Have you even been to jail? I've been to jail for 12 hours. I can tell you right now that 12 hours inside there isn't 12 hours, time multiplies exponentially when you got nothing but a guilty conscience and a ceiling to stare at. LET ME put this into perspective for you Dr. Phil, for Grand Theft Auto (steeling a car) you can get 5 years. For sexually assaulting someone? As little as a couple years (maybe even lower depending on certain cases). So your basically sending someone away like a murderer, just for having a child.

You sir, are a fascist.

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THAT DUDE WITH THE RED HAT BROWN TRENCH COAT AND SHOTGUN?!?! I miss the old ASSASSIN days. Click Me

BBS Signature
fuzzum111
fuzzum111
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Young pregnancy= Felony Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 10:55 PM Reply

I agree with the idea that younger kids should not be getting pregnant. I agree we should promote intelligence, and protection.

I do not agree that "premarital, unprotected sex is retarded"

That's a huge fallacy of today, and does -not- need to be promoted. There is nothing wrong with premarital sex, nothing. Use your head, and wrap your crap. Even if it's anal, or a guy(obviously anal) There is a slew of STD's out there, and even if pregnancy is not your problem, herpes, crabs, and other things will get you for your idiocy, I'm not the safest and I've been lucky. Then again 90% of my sexual life is guys that I've known for 10 years and ya know...yea.

My Youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/fuzzum1 11
If you get a ban, it was totally worth it. 10/10, I love you. -Skaren

BBS Signature
badfurrykitty
badfurrykitty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Animator
Response to Young pregnancy= Felony Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 11:01 PM Reply

but all the older adult people are doing it!!! Even outside of marriage x)!!!!

Sexy Yes? I would think so :3